"I hate mowing my lawn," said Gil."Every week I have to mow my lawn.Every week for six months I have to mow my lawn.What can I do?""You should dig it up," said Brenda."Take out all the grass.Pave your yard.Make a concrete yard.Then you won't have to mow it.You don't have to mow concrete.Grass grows, but concrete doesn't grow."Gil thought that was a bad idea."That's a bad idea," he said.Concrete is hot.Concrete is ugly.Concrete is hard."Nobody wants a concrete yard," he said."I have another idea," said Brenda."Buy a goat.A goat will eat all your grass.A goat loves to eat grass.Get rid of your dog.Your dog doesn't eat grass.Your dog is lazy.A goat is a hard worker."Gil said that was a good idea.
To hear audio for this text, and to learn the vocabulary sign up for a free LingQ account.
191. Buy a Goat
191. Comprar una cabra
191\. 买一只山羊
"I hate mowing my lawn," said Gil.
“我讨厌修剪我的草坪,”吉尔说。
"Every week I have to mow my lawn.
“每周我都必须修剪我的草坪。
Every week for six months I have to mow my lawn.
在接下来的六个月里,我每周都必须修剪草坪。
What can I do?"
我能做些什么?”
"You should dig it up," said Brenda.
“你应该把它挖出来,”布伦达说。
"Take out all the grass.
“拔掉所有的草。
Pave your yard.
铺你的院子。
Make a concrete yard.
做一个混凝土院子。
Then you won’t have to mow it.
那么你就不必修剪它了。
You don’t have to mow concrete.
你不必修剪混凝土。
Grass grows, but concrete doesn’t grow."
草会长,但混凝土不会长。”
Gil thought that was a bad idea.
吉尔认为这是个坏主意。
"That’s a bad idea," he said.
“这是个坏主意,”他说。
Concrete is hot.
混凝土是热的。
Concrete is ugly.
混凝土很丑。
Concrete is hard.
混凝土是硬的。
"Nobody wants a concrete yard," he said.
“没有人想要一个混凝土院子,”他说。
"I have another idea," said Brenda.
“我有另一个想法,”布伦达说。
"Buy a goat.
“买一只山羊。
A goat will eat all your grass.
一只山羊会吃掉你所有的草。
A goat loves to eat grass.
山羊喜欢吃草。
Get rid of your dog.
摆脱你的狗。
Your dog doesn’t eat grass.
你的狗不吃草。
Your dog is lazy.
你的狗很懒惰。
A goat is a hard worker."
山羊是一个勤奋的人。”
Gil said that was a good idea.
吉尔说这是个好主意。