太 大個 定 太 細個 ?
"too"|too big|size||too small
Zu groß oder zu klein?
Too big or too small?
太大个定太细个?
我 見 到 媽媽 抱 住 細佬 , 我 都 想 媽媽 抱 下 我 。
I|||mom|hugging|holding|younger brother|||||||
I saw my mom holding my little brother, and I also wanted my mom to hold me.
媽媽 話 : 「 阿女 , 我 抱唔到 你 啊 !
||Oh girl||can't hold||
My mom said, "Daughter, I can't hold you!
你 太 大個 喇 ! 」
||big|
You are too big now!"
貓仔 成日 都 自己 跑 出街 , 我 都 想 自己 返學 。
||||run|go outside||||by myself|go to school
The cat always runs out on its own, I want to go back to school on my own.
爸爸 話 : 「 咪 自己 一 個 行 返 學校 啊 !
||"Don't"|by yourself|||go|go back to|school|
Dad said, 'Don't go to school on your own!'
你 太 細個 喇 ! 」
||too small|
You are too young!
細佬 瞓 緊 , 我 想 同 佢 一齊 瞓 。
||currently||||||sleeping
The younger brother is sleeping, I want to sleep with him.
爺爺 話 : 「 唔好 瞓 細佬 張 牀 喎 , 你 太 大個 喇 。 」
grandpa|||||the|bed|you know||||
Grandfather said, "Don't sleep with the younger brother on the bed, you're too old."
公園 有 好多 嘢 玩 , 我 想 同 細佬 一齊 去 。
the park|||things to do|play with||want|||together|
There are many things to play with in the park, I want to go with the younger brother.
嫲嫲 話 : 「 唔好 帶 細佬 出去 啊 , 你 太 細個 喇 。 」
Grandma|||"bring"|little brother|go out||||too young|
Grandma said, "Don't take the little boy out, you are too young."
點解 啲 大人 講 嘅 嘢 咁 搞笑 嘅 ?
why||adults||||so|funny|"that are"
Why do adults always say funny things?
我 係 太 大個 吖 , 定係 太 細個 啊 ?
|||"grown up"|"right now"|"or"||too young|
Am I too old or too young?
我 太 大個 , 着 唔 到 條 舊 裙仔 。
|||fit into|||the|old|old dress
I am too big to wear an old skirt.
我 太 細個 , 媽媽 唔准 我 入 廚房 。
||||not allowed||enter|kitchen
When I was too young, my mom wouldn't let me into the kitchen.
我 太 大個 , 爺爺 同 唔 到 我 玩 騎牛牛 。
||||||can't|||piggyback ride
I am too big for Grandpa to give me a piggyback ride
我 太 細個 , 帶 唔 到 細佬 去街 。
|||take care of||||go out
I am too small to take little brother to the street.
貓仔 你 知 唔 知 , 我 而家 係 太 大個 定係 太 細個 ?
||||||right now||||"or"||
Cat, do you know if I am too big or too small now?
我 真係 唔 明白 。
|||understand
I really don't get it.
邊個 答 到 我 ?
Who answered me?
媽媽 對 我 笑 一 笑 , 佢 話 :
|at||smiled||||
My mother smiled at me:
「 阿女 , 你 啱啱好 夠 大個 返 學校 。 」
||just right|old enough|big enough||school
Daughter, you have just grown big enough to go back to school.
爸爸 大聲 噉 笑 , 對住 我 話 :
|loudly|like that|laughs|to me||
Dad laughed loudly and said to me,
「 阿女 , 你 啱啱好 夠 細個 , 騎 到 我 膊頭 。 」
||just right|just|small|ride on|||shoulders
Daughter, you were small enough to ride on my shoulders.
爺爺 輕輕 噉 笑 , 佢 同 我 講 :
|gently|like that|||||
Grandpa laughed softly as he talked to me:
「 你 啱啱好 夠 大個 帶 我 出去 行街 。 」
|just right|old enough||take me out|me||Go shopping
"You're just big enough to take me out on the street."
嫲嫲 好 開心 噉 笑 , 對 住 我 話 :
Grandma||happy|||to|||
Lola is so happy, smile and talk to me:
「 你 又 啱啱好 夠 細個 , 鍾意 聽 我 講 童話 。 」
|||||||||fairy tales
When you were little, you loved listening to my fairy tales.
「 你 幾 大個 都 好 , 我哋 都 係 咁 錫 你 㗎 ! 」
||big||||||"this way"|love||emphasis particle
No matter how old you are, we will always love you!
爸爸 、 媽媽 、 爺爺 同 嫲嫲 都 噉樣 講 。
||||||like this|say
Dad, mom, grandpa, and grandma all talk like that.
我 好 開心 。
I'm so happy.