#45: 靠 谱 和 离谱
#45: Reliable and outrageous
#45: Fiable y escandaloso
#45: Affidabile e scandaloso
#第45回:頼もしい、とんでもない
# 45: Правдоподобно и возмутительно
#45: 靠谱和离谱
夏天 来 了 , 我 穿 上 了 最 喜爱 的 T恤衫 。
Summer is coming, I put on my favorite T-shirt.
这件 T恤衫 正面 写 着 “ 靠 谱 ” 两个 大字 。
The T-shirt has two characters on the front.
这是 一个 很 流行 的 词语 , 不 过来 北京 以前 , 我 从来 没有 听说 过 这个 词语 , 也 不 知道 是 什么 意思 。
It's a very popular word, but before coming to Beijing, I had never heard of it and I didn't know what it meant.
但 现在 , 我 觉得 这个 词语 真是 太酷 了 。
But now, I think it's such a cool word.
演奏 乐器 的 时候 需要 乐谱 , 如果 没有 乐谱 就 很 难 , 如果 能 “ 靠 谱 ”, 就 能 让 人 放心 , 让 人 相信 。
Music scores are needed when playing an instrument. If you don't have a score, it's hard. If you can “rely on”, you can be assured and trustworthy.
这 里面 ,“ 靠 ” 就是 依靠 、 按照 的 意思 。
In this case, "rely" means to rely on, to follow.
靠 谱 是 北方话 , 用来 形容 某人 能 让 人 相信 , 或者 用 另 一个 词语 来说 , 就是 可靠 。
Dependable is a northern term used to describe someone who can be trusted, or to use another word, reliable.
相反 , 如果 某人 总是 让 人 不 放心 , 做 事情 常常 不 成功 , 我们 就 可以 说 他 不靠 谱 。
On the contrary, if a certain person always makes people feel uneasy and is often unsuccessful in his endeavours, we can say that he is unreliable.
不靠 谱 是 一个 糟糕 的 特 点 , 因为 没有 人敢 相信 不靠 谱 的 人 。
Being unreliable is a bad feature, because no one can believe in people who are not reliable.
不靠 谱 也 可以 用来 形容 一件 事情 。
Not reliable can also be used to describe a thing.
如果 一件 事情 不靠 谱 , 那 就 最好 不要 做 , 因为 它 很 难 , 你 很 可能 失败 。
If something is not reliable, then it is best not to do it because it is difficult, you are likely to fail.
靠 谱 已经 成为 我 的 口头禅 了 , 也就是说 , 我 常常 使用 这个 词语 。
Reliable has become my mantra, which means I use the word a lot.
在 我 的 生活 中 , 不靠 谱 的 人 和 事情 太 多 了 。
In my life, there are too many unreliable people and things.
比如 , 我 和 朋友 说好 了 一起 去 玩 , 但是 出发 前 他 突 然 打电话 说不来 了 。
For example, my friend and I agreed to go together, but before we left, he suddenly called and said he would not come.
如果 这个 人 常常 做 这样 的 事情 , 我 就 会 觉得 他 不靠 谱 , 找 他 出去玩 就是 一件 不靠 谱 的 事情 。
If this person often do such things, I will think he is not reliable, find him to go out is a bad thing.
为了 让 他 知道 , 靠 谱 多么 重要 , 我 就 常常 穿着 那 件 写 着 “ 靠 谱 ” 的 T恤衫 , 让 他 看到 , 同时 也 让 自己 更 靠 谱 一点 。
In order to let him know how important it is to be reliable, I always wear the T-shirt that says "Reliable" to let him see it and to make myself more reliable.
还有 一个 相似 的 词语 叫 “ 离谱 ”。
There is also a similar word called "outrageous".
因为 “ 远离 ” 了 “ 谱 ”, 所以 离谱 比 不靠 谱 更 夸张 , 更 不 可靠 。
Because "far from" the "spectrum", so far from the spectrum is more exaggerated than unreliable, more unreliable.
所以 , 当 我 说 :“ 这件 事情 真是太 离谱 了 ”, 意思 就是 我 无法 理解 事情 为什么 会 这样 。
So when I say, "This is outrageous," it means I can't understand why things are the way they are.
用 另 一个 词语 来 解释 , 就是 荒谬 。
Another word for it is absurdity.