铁公鸡
cheapskate
けち
胡子 : 青青 , 老李 周末 请 大家 吃饭 , 你 去 吗 ?
Beard: Qingqing, Lao Li invites everyone to dinner on this weekend, are you going?
青青 : 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 ?
Qingqing: Is the sun coming out of the west?
老李 不是 铁公鸡 吗 ?
Isn't Mr. Lee an iron rooster?
胡子 : 听说 他 升职 了 。
Beard: I heard he got promoted.
青青 : 哦 , 难怪 。
今天 我们 的 话题 很 有意思 是 —— 铁公鸡 。
那 在 汉语 里 “ 铁公鸡 ” 指 的 是 非常 小气 、 非常 抠门 的 人 。
In Chinese, the term "iron rooster" refers to a person who is very stingy and stingy.
汉语 里 有 一句 歇后语 , 叫做 “ 一毛不拔 —— 铁公鸡 ”
意思 是从 铁公鸡 身上 一根 毛 也 拔 不 下来 ,“ 想 从 铁公鸡 那里 拿 一毛钱 都 很 难 ”
It means that you can't pluck a single hair from an iron rooster. "It's hard to get a dime from an iron rooster."
所以 , 以后 我们 想 说 某个 人 很小 气 的 时候 , 就 可以 用 上 这个 词 。
So, in the future, when we want to say that someone is stingy, we can use this word.
好 , 下面 我们 一 起来 看看 谁 是 铁公鸡 呢 ?
胡子 问 我 “ 青青 , 老李 周末 请 大家 吃饭 , 你 去 吗 ?
这里 要 注意 “ 请 ” 就是 “ 邀请 ” 的 意思 ,“A 请 B 做 某事 ” 意思 是 A 花钱 让 B 做 某事 。
It should be noted here that "please" means "invite", and "A asks B to do something" means that A spends money to ask B to do something.
比如 “ 我 请 胡子 吃 冰淇淋 ”,“ 胡子 请 我 看 电影 ”。
意思 是 我 掏钱 请 胡子 吃 冰淇淋 , 而 胡子 掏钱 请 我 看 电影 。
It means that I paid for the mustache's ice cream, and the mustache paid for my movie.
明白 了 吗 ?
我 很 惊讶 , 回答 说 “ 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 ?
I was surprised and replied, "Is the sun coming out of the west?
这里 “ 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 ” 指 的 是 发生 了 不 可能 发生 的 事情 , 或者 很少 发生 的 事情 。
Here, "the sun has come out from the west" means that something impossible or rare has happened.
因为 正常 情况 下 , 太阳 从 东边 出来 。
Because normally, the sun comes up from the east.
那么 我造 几个 句子 帮助 理解 。
我们 可以 说 ,“ 今年 老板 不会 给 我 加工资 了 , 除非 太阳 从 西边 出来 。
We can say, "The boss will not increase my salary this year unless the sun comes out from the west.
或者 ,“ 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 , 你 居然 开始 收拾 房间 了 。
Or, "The sun is coming out of the west, and you're actually starting to clean up your room.
老李 请客 , 我 为什么 觉得 是 “ 不 可能 发生 的 事情 ” 呢 ?
Why do I think it is "impossible" for Mr. LEE to treat us to a banquet?
我 接着 问 胡子 说 “ 老李 不是 铁公鸡 吗 ?
Then I asked Beard, "Isn't Old Li an iron rooster?
原来 呀 , 老李 平时 很小 气 , 很 吝啬 , 所以 我 觉得 这 只 铁公鸡 要 请客 , 很 惊讶 。
It turned out that Old LEE was usually very stingy and mean, so I was very surprised that this iron rooster wanted to treat us to a meal.
那 胡子 解释 说 “ 听说 他 升职 了 。
The bearded man explained, "I heard he was promoted.
“ 升职 ” 意思 是 “ 职位 变高 了 ”,“ 升 ” 就是 “ 使 什么 变高 ” 的 意思
我们 还 可以 说 “ 升学 ”、“ 升官 ”、“ 升级 ” 等等 。
对话 中 老李 因为 升职 了 , 所以 请 大家 吃饭 。
听 了 胡子 的 解释 , 我 明白 了 , 说 “ 哦 , 难怪 。
After listening to Beard's explanation, I understood and said, "Oh, no wonder.
这里 “ 难怪 ” 的 意思 是 “ 我 明白 了 , 不 觉得 奇怪 了 ”。
The meaning of "no wonder" here is "I understand and do not find it strange anymore".
比如 ,“ 难怪 他 的 汉语 这么 好 , 他 以前 在 中国 住 过 三年 。
有时候 在 对话 里 , 可以 单独 使用 。
Sometimes it can be used alone in a conversation.
比如 , 我 问 胡子 “ 最近 怎么 变瘦 了 ?
For example, I asked Beard, "Why have you lost weight lately?
胡子 告诉 我 说 “ 天天 加班 , 累死 了 。
那么 这时 我 就 可以 说 “ 哦 , 难怪 。
好 啦 , 今天 我们 主要 学习 了 两个 很 有用 的 短语 。
Well, today we have learned two very useful phrases.
“ 铁公鸡 ,“ 一毛不拔 ” 和 “ 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 ”
大家 都 理解 了 吗 ?
Do you understand?
好 , 我们 下面 再来 听 一遍 课文 。
胡子 : 青青 , 老李 周末 请 大家 吃饭 , 你 去 吗 ?
青青 : 太阳 从 西边 出来 了 ?
老李 不是 铁公鸡 吗 ?
胡子 : 听说 他 升职 了 。
青青 : 哦 , 难怪 。