the Little Prince 小王子 chapter 7
Der Kleine Prinz Kapitel 7
the Little Prince chapter 7
Den lille prinsen kapitel 7
the Little Prince 小王子chapter 7
去 到 第五日 , 一如既往 , 多得 隻 綿羊 仔 , 我 終於 揭開 咗 小王子 身世 嘅 秘密 。 佢 好似 靜靜 雞 喺 心 入 面 諗 咗 個 問題 好耐 , 之後 要 大聲 講出 嚟 噉 , 失驚 無 神 突然 問我 :
「 如果 綿羊 會 食樹仔 , 噉 佢 會 唔 會 都 食 花 㗎 ?
to|to||as always|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
On the fifth day, as usual, I got an extra lamb and finally uncovered the secret of the little prince's birth. He seemed to have thought about it for a long time, and then he had to say it out loud, and suddenly asked me, "If sheep eat trees, will they eat flowers?
」
「 綿羊 見到 乜 就 食 乜 㗎 喇 。」
"When sheep see something, they eat it.
「 就算 係有 刺 嘅 花都 食 ?
"Even flowers with thorns are eaten?
」
「 係 呀 , 就算 有 刺 嘅 花都 食 。」
"Yes, even flowers with thorns are eaten.
「 係 噉 啲 花要 刺 嚟 做 咩 呀 ?
"What do you want to do with the flowers?
」
我 時唔時 唔 知點 答 佢 。
"I don't always know what to say to them.
當時 我 正 係 嘗試 緊將 一粒 棘住 我個 引擎 嘅 螺絲 扭返 出 嚟 . 我 好 擔心 , 因為部 飛機 損毀 得 似乎 相當 嚴重 , 而令 我 更加 之 徬徨 嘅 係 , 剩 返 嘅 食 水 已經 愈 嚟 愈少 。
I was trying to twist a screw that was stuck in my engine. I was worried because the damage to the plane seemed to be very serious and I was even more worried because the water left was getting smaller and smaller.
「 係 噉 啲 花要 刺 嚟 做 咩 呀 ?
"What do you want to do with the flowers?
」
小王子 一問開 一個 問題 , 就 永遠 都 唔 肯 罷休 。
"Once the Little Prince asks a question, he will never stop.
我 實在 畀 粒 螺絲 搞 到 個人 好 擝 噌 , 所以 諗 都 冇 諗 就 衝口而出 :
I was so frustrated by the screw that I didn't even think about it and just blurted it out:
「 啲 刺 係 乜 用 都 冇 㗎 喇 , 純粹 係 啲 花想 靠害 囉 !
|thorns|||||||||||||
"It's not useful, it's just a flower that you want to harm!
」
「 噢 !
"Oh!
」
隨之 而 嚟 嘅 係 一陣 嘅 寂靜 , 然後 佢 話 帶 苦澀 反駁 我 :
||||||||||||bitterness||
"What followed was a moment of silence, and then she retorted with bitterness:
「 我 先 唔 會信 你 !
"I won't believe you first!
啲 花 咁 脆弱 , 佢 哋 好 單純 㗎 。
The flowers are so fragile, they are so simple.
佢 哋 好 盡力噉 做好 自己 。
They try their best to do well in the dark.
佢 哋 真 係 覺得 自己 有 刺 好 得人驚 㗎 。」
They really think they have a thorn in their side.
我 冇 出聲 。
I didn't make a sound.
嗰 一刻 我 同緊 自己 講 :「 如果 粒 螺絲 再 咁 硬 頸 嘅 話 , 我 就 會 搵 個 鎚 仔 揼 佢 出 嚟 。」
||||||||||||||||||||||pound|||
At that moment I said to myself, "If the screw is that hard again, I'll get a hammer pump to pump it in.
小王子 又 再 打斷 咗 我 嘅 思路 :
The little prince interrupted my thoughts again:
「 而 你 呢 , 你 就 覺得 啲 花 。
"And you, you feel some flowers.
。」
."
「 冇 囉 !
"No!
冇 囉 !
No!
我 咩 都 冇 覺得 過 囉 !
I don't feel anything at all!
我淨 係 求 其 噏 啲 嘢 敷衍 你 咋 嘛 。
I only||ask|it|yesterday|||to deal with|||
I'm just asking for a few words to make you feel better.
其實 我 有 啲 好重要 嘅 嘢 做 緊 囉 !
Actually, I have something very important to do!
」
佢 好 诧异 咁 掘 實 我 。
"She was surprised to find out about me.
「 好 重要 嘅 嘢 !
"What's so important!
」
佢 望 住 我 , 見到 我手 上面 揸 住 嘅 鎚 仔 , 手指頭 全都 污糟 邋遢 , 彎 低身 修理 緊 部 佢 覺得 極其 醜陋 嘅 機器 。
"He looked at me and saw the hammer I held in my hand, my fingers all dirty and unkempt, and bent down to fix the machine which he found so ugly.
「 你講 嘢 同 啲 大人 一模一樣 !
"You speak the same as the adults!
」
呢 句 說話 令 我 覺得 有少少 慚愧 。
"I feel a little ashamed of myself for saying that.
不過 佢 依然 唔 肯 罷休 :「 你 所有 嘢 都 混淆 晒。
你 所有 嘢 都 搞錯 晒 !
But she still wouldn't give up: "You've got it all mixed up. You've got it all wrong!
」
佢 真 係 好 嬲 。
"She is really mad.
一頭 金髮 喺 微風 中 不停 噉 擺動 。
A blond hair is swaying in the breeze.
「 我 知道 有粒 行星 , 上面 住 咗 個 鬼面 係 紫色 個 男人 。
"I know of a planet with a ghostly face and a purple man on it.
佢 從來未 聞過 任何 花香 , 從來未 見過 一粒 星星 , 從來未 愛過 任何 一個 人 。
She has never smelled a flower, never seen a star, never loved a person.
除 咗 將 啲 數目字 加 嚟 加去 , 佢 從來未 做過 任何 嘢 。
He has never done anything except add some numbers to it.
而 佢 同 你 都 一樣 , 成日 不停 噉 講 自己 嘢 :『 我 係 一個 好 認真 嘅 人 !
Like you, she keeps saying the same thing all the time: "I am a serious person!
我 係 一個 好 認真 嘅 人 !
I am a very serious person!
』 就 係 噉 , 驕傲 就 令 到 佢 自我 膨脹 。
"That's it. Pride inflates her ego.
但 佢 噉 樣 唔 係 一個 人 , 而 係 一隻 蘑菇 囉 。」
But it's not a person, it's a mushroom.
「 一隻 咩 話 ?
"What's that?
」
「 一隻 蘑菇 !
"A Mushroom!
」
小王子 呢 刻 嬲 到 出 晒 煙 。
"The little prince was so angry that he smoked.
「 幾百萬年 嚟 , 花都 會 生刺 出 嚟 。 但 幾百萬年 嚟 , 綿羊 仔都 係 噉 食 晒 呢 啲 花 。
"For millions of years, flowers have been producing thorns. But for millions of years, sheep have been eating these flowers in the dark.
唔 通 嘗試 下去 了解 點解 啲 花要 大費周章 生 啲 對 佢 哋 完全 冇 用 嘅 刺 出 嚟 , 真 係 唔 重要 咩 ?
Why is it really unimportant to try to understand why flowers have to go through all the trouble of producing thorns that are completely useless to them?
唔 通 綿羊 同花 之間 嘅 戰爭 , 真 係 唔 重要 咩 ?
Does it really matter if there is a war between the sheep and the flowers?
唔 通 呢 啲 嘢 真 係 唔 比 一個 滿面 通紅 嘅 肥 男人 嘅 加數 嚟 得 更 重要 咩 ?
Isn't it really more important than a fat man with a red face to add up to?
而 我 本身 就 識得 一朵 世上 獨一無二 嘅 花 , 除 咗 喺 我 粒 行星 上面 之外 都 搵 唔 到 。
And I myself know a flower that is unique in the world and cannot be found except on my planet.
但 係 只要 一隻 綿羊 仔一淡 就 可以 摧毀 佢 。
But it only takes one sheep boy to destroy it.
就 只 係 噉 , 某 一朝 , 甚至 乎 根本 佢 自己 都 冇 留意到 自己 做 咗 咩 — 哼 , 我 諗 呢 樣 嘢 同樣 都 係 唔 關 重要 啦 呵 !
It's just that, at one point, she didn't even notice what she did - well, I guess it doesn't really matter!
」
佢 滿面 都 紅 晒 , 繼續 講 :
"She was all red in the face and continued to say:
「 如果 有人 鍾 意 一朵花 , 一朵 千千萬萬 緊星 上面 獨一無二 嘅 花 , 噉 只要 抬頭 仰望 星空 , 佢 就 會 覺得 好開心 。
"If someone is in love with a flower, a flower that is unique above thousands of stars, then he or she will feel happy just by looking up at the stars.
佢 會同 自己 講 :『 我 朵花 就 喺 呢 個 夜空 嘅 某處 。
She would say to herself, "My flower is somewhere in the night sky.
』 但 如果 綿羊 仔食 咗 朵花 , 噉 對 佢 嚟 講 , 就 會 好似 所有 星光 都 突然 熄滅 一樣 。
"But if Sheepie had eaten a flower, then it would be as if all the stars had suddenly gone out for her.
我 諗 , 都 一樣 喺 無關 重要 啦 !
I think it's all the same, it doesn't matter!
」
佢 已經 唔 能夠 再 繼續 講落 去 , 眼淚 突然 奪眶而出 。
"She could no longer speak, and tears suddenly came to her eyes.
夜幕低垂 , 我 放低 左手 上 嘅 工具 。
The night was low, and I lowered the tools on my left hand.
唔 再 擔心 我 把 鎚 仔 , 我粒 螺絲 , 我 嘅 飢渴 甚至 喺 死亡 。
|||||||||||thirst|||
Do not worry anymore about my hammer, my screw, my hunger is even in death.
喺 一粒 星星 上面 , 一粒 行星 , 呢 一粒 行星 , 喺 地球 , 有個 小王子 需要 我 佢 開解 安慰 !
||||||||||||||||to comfort|
On a star, on a planet, on a planet, on Earth, there is a little prince who needs me to explain and comfort him!
我 抱 佢 入懷 , 輕輕 覽 住 佢 。
I took her into my arms and gently embraced her.
我 同 佢 講 :「 你 鍾 意 啲 朵花 唔 會 有 危險 。
I said to her, "There is no danger of you liking the flowers.
我會 幫 隻 綿羊 畫 一個 口罩 , 我會 畫 一個 圍欄 圍住 你 朵花 。
I will help a sheep to draw a muzzle, and I will draw a fence around your flower.
我會 。
I will.
。」
."
我 其實 唔 係 好 知 應該 講 咩 好 。
I don't really know what I should say.
覺得 自己 笨手笨腳 噉 , 唔 知 應該 點樣 佢 靠近 佢 , 從 遠渡 佢 接通 佢 內心 嘅 世界 。
Feeling clumsy, I don't know how to approach her and connect her to her inner world from afar.
眼淚 噉 國度 , 真 係 好 神秘 。
The country of tears is a mysterious place.