Is One on One Tutoring Worth it? Chinese Tutoring Session Part 3 - Skritter
Is One on One Tutoring Worth it? Chinese Tutoring Session Part 3 - Skritter
還有 一件 事情 很多 同學 可能 不 知道
Another thing many students don't know is...
就是 喔 在 中國 大陸 中國 是 一個 很大 的 地方
In Mainland China... China is a very large country,
所以 呢 這個 普通話 也 有 很多 不同 的 發音 的 方法
so there are many Mandarin accents.
不是 全 中國 大家 都 發 一個 聲音 的
Not everyone has the same accent in China.
還有 一件 事情 喔 很多 的 中國 人 說 的 普通話
Another thing is, not everyone in China
不是 標準 的 普通話 所以 不要 覺得 說 在 中國 的 人
speaks standard Mandarin. It's wrong to think that
大家 說話 都 一樣
everyone speaks in the same way.
尤其 你 可以 跟 美國 做 一個 比較
If you compare with the US,
在 美國 不同 地方 也 有 不同 的 發音
there are also different accents in different areas.
在 中國 這個 發音 不同 地方 更 多 而且 這個 區別 更大
In China, accents are even more diverse and varied.
所以 呢 你 找 老師 的 時候 也 是 要 注意
This is something to remember when looking for a teacher.
但是 有時候 沒 辦法 注意 因為 你 不 知道 什麼 東西 是 標準音
But sometimes you can't, because you don't know what the standard pronunciation is.
你 要 學習 一點點 才 會 發現
You'll find out as you learn.
或者 你 要 去 中國 或是 去 台灣 你 才 會 發現 什麼 是 發音 的 區別
Or after visiting China and Taiwan, you'll know the difference.
那 可能 你 自己 可以 決定
Then you can make your own decision.
那 有時候 有人 啊 我 特別 要 那個 北京 腔
Some people want to learn to speak with the Beijing accent.
好 那 你 去 北京 你 跟 北京 老師 學習 兒化 兒化 可以
Sure. You can learn from a teacher in Beijing to speak "erhua".
那 有人 可能 比較 喜歡 來自 成都 的 老師
Others might prefer teachers from Chengdu.
我 個人 我 有 台灣腔
For me, I have a Taiwanese accent.
你 我 一 開口 你 就 知道 我 是 ( 學台灣腔 )
As soon as I speak, you'll hear my accent.
如果 我 跟 著 一個 來自 北京 的 人 我 馬上會 改變
If I speak with someone from Beijing, it will change immediately.
我 就 跟 著 對方 的 口音
I'll follow his accent.
因為 我 住過 所以 我 可以
It's because I've lived there.
但是 我 個人 我 沒有 辦法
But maybe I can't...
如果 現在 要 跟 你 用 那個 北京 腔
speak with you in the Beijing accent now.
我 可能 不太會
I can't do it now.
因為 不是 我 的 習慣
It's not my habit.
但是 呢 我 要講 什麼
But... what did I want to say?
我 打個 岔
If I may...
我 覺得 你 台灣腔 還好 不是 很 重 , 一是 很 久 的 不是 很 重 點點 而已
I think your Taiwanese accent is not too strong, just a little bit.
你 真的 今天 要 我 講台灣 台灣 國語 我 也 可以 說
If you wanted, I can also do a very local Taiwanese accent.
這個 是 台灣 國語
That's a very local accent.
可是 你 是 老師 我 也 是 老師 啊
Because we're both teachers,
所以 我們 那個 n.ngsi.shi 我們 都 分得 非常 清楚
we can distinguish between n/ng, si/shi.
就是 應該 的 吧 我們 考過 對 嗎
That's normal. We've taken exams,
所以 我們 大概 知道
so we know about this.
因為 台灣 其實 在 發音 方面 有 一些 問題
But in Taiwan, some people have problems in pronunciation,
如果 你 要說 跟 國語 那個 最 理想 的 發音 有 很多 人 都 有
compared with the standard Mandarin accent.
那 美國 也 有 啊 我們 那個 標準 發音 跟 一般 講話 是 完全 不 一樣 的
It's the same in the US.
而且 他們 的 要求 非常 高 特別 是 中國
And they have very high standards, especially in China.
你 要 去 中國 當 一個 主持人 或是 什麼 的
If you want to become a broadcast host in China,
你 要 考 啊
you'll have to pass exams.
那個 考試 不 簡單
And they're not easy.
老師 我 有 一個 問題 我們 現在 我們 講到 口音
I have a question. As we're talking about different accents and teachers...
講到 那個 不同 的 老師 你 個人 覺得 一個 人 他 來到 iTalk 要 找 老師
最好 是 一個 老師 還是 多個 老師 如果 錢 不是 問題 、 時間 不是 問題
你 覺得 什麼 是 最好 的
一個 老師 還是 多個 老師 ? 你 說 同時 嗎 ?
對 對 對 ( 如果 ) 一個 禮拜 上 十次 課
而且 現在 你 沒有 辦法 出國 你 沒有 辦法 出門
and you can't go abroad or outside.
你 就是 在家 裡啊
你 要 學會 中文 那 一位 老師 還是 多位 老師 哪個 比較 好 ?
Is it better to have one teacher, or multiple teachers?
我 覺得 這是 一個 很 好 的 問題
這個 老師 多有 好處 因為 老師 多 的話 你 可以 比較
With multiple teachers, you can compare.
你 可以 發現 呢 這個 在 說 中文 的 人 啊
You'll realize that Mandarin speakers
這個 有些 東西 真的 是 口音 不同 的
have different accents,
就算 今天 這個 老師 是 北方 來 的 老師 因為 Mandarin 中文 啊 是 北方 的 方言
而且 是 一個 不舊 ( 新 ) 的 一種 語言 啊 大概 六百五十 年 左右
And it's not an old dialect. It's only been around for 650 years.
算是 蠻 年輕 的 一個 語言 啊
It's a rather young language.
你 說得對 , 譬如 像 台灣話 啊
That's right. The Taiwanese dialect for example,
中國 南部 的 這些 省份 說 的話
or other dialects from southern China
是 以前 的 古語 這也 很 有意思 的 比較 接近 唐詩 他們 說 的話 還有 廣東話 算是 蠻久 的 一個 語言
對 所以 這是 很 有意思 的 東西 那 你 如果說 的 這個 漢語
Yes. It's very interesting. As for Hanyu (Mandarin),
我們 現在 說 這個 漢語 其實 不是 「 漢 ( 人 的 ) 語 ( 言 )」
it's not really the language of the Han people.
為 什麼 是 Madarin 是 「 滿洲 人 」 的 語言
Mandarin is the language of the Manchu people.
所以 你 剛剛 才 說 為 什麼 六百年 因為 差不多 那個 時候 開始 說 的話
Like you said, it started being spoken around 600 years ago.
所以 一個 就是說 看 你 這個 老師 你 要是 選 很多 老師 的話
So if you have many teachers,
你 可以 聽 這個 老師 說話 的 聲音 其實 都 是 不 一樣 的
you'll realize that their accents can be very different.
就算 他 今天 是從 北方 來 的 老師
Even if the teacher is from northern China,
有 的 人 北方 那個 腔 特別 重 你 最好 也 不要
a northern accent can be very strong. That's not ideal.
就算 他 說 他 自己 是 北京 人
Even if he says he's from Beijing.
因為 你 知道 嗎 以前 啊 這個 二 、 三十年 前當 中文 老師
Because 20, 30 years ago, if you wanted to become a Chinese teacher,
一定 要會 說 兒化 音
you must speak "erhua".
因為 這個 政治 跟 經濟 不 一樣 了
Now, the political and economic environment is different.
在 中國 在 那個 東南 沿海 的 地方 就是 變得 很 繁榮 了
Now, the coastal region of southeast China has flourished.
然後 很多 外國人 到 那邊 去 所以 這個 地方 也 變成 比較 重要 的 地方
Many foreigners go there. It's become an important region.
就是說 中國 的 政經 的 重點 從 北方 現在 移到 了 南方
The political and economic center has shifted from the north to the south.
對 上海 還有 離 香港 很近 的 那個 大城市 叫 什麼 ?
Yeah, like Shanghai. And that big city close to Hong Kong?
深圳 對
-Shenzhen. -Yeah.
所以 現在 中文 老師 不 一定 要會 說 兒化 的
Now, Chinese teachers don't have to use "erhua",
因為 這個 兒化 的 也 是 一種 特別 的 聲音 啊
because "erhua" has a particular sound.
現在 反而 你 說 了 兒化 有 一點 奇怪
Now, if you use "erhua", it would sound strange.
所以 就 看 你 想要 什麼
So it's up to you.
所以 一個 就是 你 如果 想要 有 很多 老師 來 大家 比較 的話 可以 這是 一種 經驗
You can compare many teachers as part of the experience.
還有 呢 這個 老師 教學 的 方法 也 有 關係
Teachers also have different teaching methods.
那 你 今天 不要 找 兩個 老師 剛好 教學方法 就 不 一樣
Don't find two teachers with different teaching methods. You'll be confused.
這樣 子會 把 你 弄混 了 譬如說 很多 老師 他 就 比較 是 一般 在 學校 教 的 方法
Many teachers use general teaching methods,
他 就 叫 你 背 生詞 啦 、 學文 法 啦 這是 一種 教法 就是 一般 的
like teaching you to memorize new words, learn grammar and so on.
在 國外 教 外國 語言 也 是 用 這種 方法
The same method is used in teaching foreign languages.
那用 這種 方法 的話 呢 你 的 那個 詞彙 可能 會 比較 多
With this method, you can learn more vocabulary.
你 可能 會 比較 讀 比較 好 你 可能 會 寫 可能 比較 好
You'll be better at reading and writing.
但是 我教 的 方法 的話 就是 比較 不 偏重 這個 地方
But this is not the focus of my teaching.
那 你 就 會 比較 容易 會 說 、 會 聽 而且 你 的 發音 會 比較 標準
I focus more on speaking, listening and pronunciation.
所以 你 要 找 老師 的話 你 要 看 你 想 偏 哪邊
So when looking for a teacher, it depends on your focus.
那有 的 人 可能 在 準備 漢語 水平 考試 有 一些 ( 老師 ) 其實 就是 漢語 水平 考 的 專家
Some people prepare for the HSK test, and some teachers are experts in this.
那 通常 就 看 那個 簡介 就是 會 非常 清楚 他們 比較 偏向 哪一方面
You can clearly see their teaching focus in their bios.
那 比方說 我 選擇 你
For me, I chose you because
是 因為 你 比較 偏向 溝通 的 方面 是 很 輕鬆
you focus on communication. It's more laid back.
你 不會 說 高健 你 要 回去 寫文章 、 背 什麼 生詞
You won't ask me to write essays or memorize vocab.
那 當然 我會 ( 寫 東西 、 背 生詞 ) 一點點 但是 那 不是 我們 課堂 上 的 重點
Of course I still do that. But that's not the focus of our classes.
有 老師 拿 他們 比較 ... 比如說 你 要 去 中國 、 你 要 去 那邊 讀書
Some teachers... Maybe you're going to study in China.
你 要 考 你 HSK 你 肯定 要考 啊 要 考過 你 要 上 大學 你 要 讀 博士 讀 碩士
You must pass the HSK test to get any kind of degree.
你 進去 之前 你 要 考過 所以 呢 你 可能 要 找 一個 SHK 的 老師
You must pass the test, so you need a HSK teacher.
所以 都 是 很 重點 就是 看 你 的 要求 是 什麼
It really depends on your needs.
另外 我們 沒有 講到 但是 我 覺得 這個 找 老師 啊
Another thing about looking for teachers...
我 可不可以 給你 打個 岔 可以
-May I say something? -Sure.
你 說 找 老師 啊 你 說 我們 小時候 、 我們 在 嬰兒 的 時候
When looking for a teacher... Like when we're babies,
我們 是 什麼 學 跟 我們 的 父母 學
we learn from our parents.
所以 你 找 第一個 老師 其實 啊 我 就是 你 的媽
So the first teacher is like your mom.
「 是 你 的 爸 」 好不好 啊 不 一定 是 女 的
Or your dad. They're not always women.
可是 大多數 都 是 女 的 對 嗎 ? 我 就是 你 的 父母
-But most are women. -I'm like your parent.
就是 你 跟 他 的 關係 是 很 重要 的
The relationship with the teacher is very important.
你 如果 覺得 這個 感覺 啊 是 很 親密 的話
If the relationship is intimate,
你 學習 起來 也 比較 快 .
you'll learn faster.
對 沒錯 同意 我剛 要說 什麼 ?
I agree. What was I saying...
選擇 老師 那 italki 有 一個 好處 就是
When looking for a teacher, one benefit of iTalki is
那 通常 iTalki 會 有 一個 「 試次 課 」
usually iTalki offers a trial lesson.
可能 半個 小時 、 二十分鐘 左右 可以 試試看
Maybe 20-30 minutes for you to try.
而且 那個 通常 價錢 比較 低 、 比較 便宜 一點
Trials are usually cheaper.
那個 我 覺得 你 要 多用 吧
You should make the most of it.
如果 你 買 那個 五十塊 的 deal 然後 你 有 六十塊 錢
Say you buy a $50 deal, and you have $60,
你 可能 要花 一部分 就是 用 很多 都 在 試次 課 的 部分
you should spend most of that on trial lessons
因為 你 要 看 誰 跟 你 誰 配合 你 你 的 態度 啊 你 的 那個 習慣 、 你 的 學習 的 性 向
to see who's the best fit with your habits and learning style.
而且 你 會 發現 不 只是 發音 不 只是 教學法 也 有 區別
You'll find that teachers have different accents and teaching methods,
可能 是 他們 用 的 詞來 表示 他們 比較 文雅
as well as usage of terms... Some are more refined.
哪 有人 比較 ... 那 當然 你 是 初級 學習者 你 不會 注意 到
Some are... of course beginners won't notice this,
可是 你 中級 、 高級 、 流利 級
but for intermediate, advanced or fluent learners,
這個 應該 要 對 你 很 重要 而且 他們 的 教學 背景 也 很 重要
this is very important. As is their teaching background.
他們 有沒有 教過 商業 中文
Are they experienced in teaching business Chinese?
你 可能 會 碰到問題 所以 你 需要 什麼 你 可能 要 多 想 、 多 研究
If this is a problem for you, maybe you need to think about it and look into it.
那 現在 iTalki 有 很多 老師 有 很多 選擇
There are many teachers and options on iTalki.
所以 你 就 試試看
You should just try and see.