TEDxTaipei - Ming-Hui Liao (廖 敏惠 )-海洋 勇者
TEDxTaipei|||Liao|Liao|Ming-Hui|ocean|brave person
TEDxTaipei - Ming-Hui Liao - Ocean Adventurer
感謝 TED 今天 邀請 我 來 這邊 分享 關於 這 一趟 航程 。
thank|TED|today|invited|me|here|this place|to share|about|this|one trip|journey
Thank you TED for inviting me to share about this journey.
那 在 分享 這 一段 航程 之前 呢 ,
then|at|sharing|this|segment|journey|before|question particle
Before sharing this journey,
我 想 讓 大家 看 一下 影片 。
I|want|let|everyone|see|a little|video
I would like everyone to watch a video.
(喜歡 海洋 開始 了 第一次 一個 人 的 旅行 )
likes|ocean|started|past tense marker|first|one|person|possessive particle|trip
(Loving the ocean started my first solo trip)
(喜歡 海洋 ,改變 了 我 對 自己 生涯 規畫 方向 )
like|ocean|changed|past tense marker|I|towards|self|career|planning|direction
( Loving the ocean changed the direction of my career planning )
(喜歡 海洋 ,讓 我 願意 追求 自己 的 夢想 ,迎向 更 大 的 挑戰 )
like|ocean|let|I|willing|pursue|my own|possessive particle|dreams|facing|more|big|possessive particle|challenges
( Loving the ocean made me willing to pursue my dreams and face greater challenges )
今天 來 跟 大家 分享 有 關於 ,其實 是 今年 七月
today|come|with|everyone|share|has|about|actually|is|this year|July
Today I want to share with everyone about an experience I had this July.
我 參加 了 一個 太平洋 垃圾 渦流 的 旅程 。
I|participated|past tense marker|a|Pacific|garbage|gyre|possessive particle|journey
I participated in a journey to the Pacific garbage vortex.
那 為什麼 會 有 這個 旅程 ,
that|why|will|have|this|journey
So why did this journey happen,
其實 這個 起因 應該 回溯到 我國 中 的 時候
actually|this|cause|should|trace back to|our country|in|possessive particle|time
In fact, this origin should be traced back to my time in middle school.
我 的 父親 帶 我們 全家人 到 帛琉 去 旅行 ,
I|possessive particle|father|took|us|whole family|to|Palau|go|travel
My father took our whole family to Palau for a trip.
那 是 我 第一次 發現 原來 海平面 之下 有 這麼 美麗 的 一個 世界 ,
that|is|I|first|discovered|originally|sea level|below|has|so|beautiful|(possessive particle)|a|world
That was the first time I discovered that there was such a beautiful world beneath the sea.
所以 ,我 愛上 了 海洋 。可是 ,當時 我 其實 就是 一個
so|I|fell in love with|past tense marker|ocean|but|at that time|I|actually|was just|a
So, I fell in love with the ocean. However, at that time, I was just an ordinary middle school student.
平凡 的 國中生 。也許 跟 在座 很多 人 一樣 ,
ordinary|possessive particle|middle school student|maybe|with|present|many|people|same
Maybe like many people here,
生活 的 重心 除了 念書 還是 念書 ,
life|possessive particle|focus|besides|studying|still|studying
The focus of life, besides studying, is still studying.
然後 我 就 這樣 一路 念念 念 ,國 中 、高 中 、大 學 、
then|I|just|like this|all the way|studying|study|middle school|school|high school|school|university|school
Then I just kept studying all the way through middle school, high school, and university.
研究所 。終於 有 一個 穩定 的 工作 符合 父母 的 期望 ,
research institute|finally|has|a|stable|possessive particle|job|meets|parents|possessive particle|expectations
Finally, I got a stable job that met my parents' expectations.
但是 我 的 心中 其實 一直 對於 海洋 有 一份
However, in my heart, I have always had a deep love and excitement for the ocean.
很深 很 深 的 喜愛 跟 激動 。 所以 , 當我 有 了 工作 能力 之後 ,
So, after I gained the ability to work,
我 就 到了 花蓮 。
I|already|arrived|Hualien
I have arrived in Hualien.
我 希望 可以 住 在 一個 更 親近 海洋 的 城市 。
I|hope|can|live|in|a|more|close to|ocean|possessive particle|city
I hope to live in a city that is closer to the ocean.
那 到 了 花蓮 ,我 除了 在 醫院 當 藥師 之外 ,
then|arrive|past tense marker|Hualien|I|besides|at|hospital|work as|pharmacist|other than
When I got to Hualien, besides working as a pharmacist in the hospital,
我 也 擔任 鯨豚 解說 志工 的 一個 工作 。
I|also|serve as|whale and dolphin|interpreter|volunteer|possessive particle|one|job
I also took on a role as a volunteer for whale and dolphin interpretation.
雖然 如此 但是 還是 不 能夠 滿足 我 ,所以 兩年 之後 ,
although|like this|but|still|not|able to|satisfy|me|so|two years|later
However, even so, it still couldn't satisfy me, so two years later,
我 就 再次 的 進入 校園 ,進入 海洋 研究所 ,
I|then|again|possessive particle|enter|campus|enter|ocean|research institute
I once again entered the campus, entered the Ocean Research Institute,
探索 海底 下 的 珊瑚礁 世界 。
explore|underwater|beneath|possessive particle|coral reef|world
to explore the world of coral reefs beneath the sea.
這樣 似乎 已經 很 接近 海洋 了 ,但是 其實 我 還是
like this|seems|already|very|close to|ocean|past tense marker|but|actually|I|still
It seems like I am very close to the ocean, but in fact, I still
常常 在 想 ,當 我們 ,尤其 站 在 台灣 的 東海岸 ,
often|at|think|when|we|especially|standing|at|Taiwan|possessive particle|East Coast
often think, when we, especially standing on Taiwan's east coast,
你 往 外海 望出去 ,就是 一片 的 湛藍 ,那 到底 在 海洋 上
you|towards|open sea|look out|is just|a stretch of|possessive particle|deep blue|that|ultimately|in|ocean|on
look out to the sea, it is just a vast expanse of deep blue, what is actually in the ocean?
是 什麼樣 的 感覺 ,我 一直 好奇 著 。
is|what kind of|possessive particle|feeling|I|always|curious|continuous aspect particle
What kind of feeling is it? I have always been curious.
但是 我 其實 一直 沒有 那個 動力 或是 那個 機會
but|I|actually|always|have not|that|motivation|or|that|opportunity
But I actually never had the motivation or the opportunity.
真的 能夠 去 航行 。
really|can|go|sailing
To really be able to sail.
直到 我 看到 了 這張 照片 :
until|I|saw|past tense marker|this|photo
Until I saw this photo:
這是 一隻 六個月 大 的 信天翁 ,一種 海鳥 ,他 死亡 的 照片 。
this is|a|six months|old|possessive particle|albatross|a type of|seabird|it|death|possessive particle|photo
This is a photo of a six-month-old albatross, a type of seabird, in death.
大家 可以 很 明顯 的 看到 牠 的 胃 內 充滿 了 各種 物質 ,
everyone|can|very|obviously|possessive particle|see|it (referring to an animal)|possessive particle|stomach|inside|filled with|past tense marker|various|substances
Everyone can clearly see that its stomach is filled with various substances,
那 這些 物質 其實 都 是 塑膠 碎片 所 組成 ,
that|these|substances|actually|all|are|plastic|fragments|(particle indicating passive voice)|composed of
and these substances are actually made up of plastic fragments,
你 仔細 去 看 ,其實 它 甚至 有 打火機 ,還有 瓶蓋 ,
you|carefully|go|look|actually|it|even|has|lighter|and also|bottle cap
If you look closely, it even has a lighter and bottle caps,
還有 各式各樣 出現 在 我們 每天 日常生活 中 的 這些
also|all kinds of|appear|in|our|every day|daily life|within|possessive particle|these
as well as all kinds of plastic items that appear in our daily lives.
塑膠 的 用品 。除了 這張 照片 之外 還有 更 多 。
plastic|possessive particle|products|besides|this|photo|apart from|there are also|more|many
In addition to this photo, there are even more.
海龜 ,甚至 鮟鱇魚 ,住 在 深海 裡 的 鮟鱇魚
sea turtle|even|anglerfish|live|in|deep sea|inside|possessive particle|anglerfish
Sea turtles, and even anglerfish, live in the deep sea.
肚子 裡 竟然 有 塑膠袋 。或是 這 隻 烏龜 ,
belly|inside|unexpectedly|has|plastic bag|or|this|measure word for animals|turtle
Surprisingly, there are plastic bags in their stomachs. Or this turtle,
牠 因為 小時候 被 塑膠套 套住 之後 ,長大 之後 變 的 很 有 腰身 ,
it|because|when it was young|(passive marker)|plastic bag|got trapped|after|grew up|after|became|(possessive particle)|very|has|waist
which, after being trapped by a plastic ring when it was young, grew up to have a very narrow waist,
就 變長 這個 樣子 。
then|becomes long|this|appearance
and ended up looking like this.
所以 這 不是 正常 的 ,但是 這個 事情 不斷 的 發生 ,
so|this|is not|normal|(possessive particle)|but|this|thing|constantly|(adverbial particle)|happens
So this is not normal, but this situation keeps happening.
那 開始 我 去 蒐集 、去 了解 了 一些 資訊 之後 ,
then|started|I|to|collect|to|understand|past tense marker|some|information|after
So I started to collect and understand some information.
我 發現 很多 的 報導 說 ,太平洋 上 有 一個 垃圾 渦流 區
I|discovered|many|possessive particle|reports|say|Pacific Ocean|on|has|a|garbage|whirlpool|area
I found that many reports say there is a garbage vortex in the Pacific Ocean.
面積 居然 有 台灣 的 39 倍 大 。
area|actually|has|Taiwan|possessive particle|times|larger
The area is actually 39 times larger than Taiwan.
甚至 有 報導 說 ,其實 是 有 一座 島嶼 。
even|there is|report|saying|actually|is|there is|a|island
Some reports even say that it is actually an island.
有些 人 異想天開 ,覺得 現在 氣候變遷 ,
some|people|have unrealistic ideas|feel|now|climate change
Some people have wild ideas, thinking that with the current climate change,
海平面 漸漸 的 上升 ,這些 沒有 地方 住 的 人 也許 可以
sea level|gradually|possessive particle|rise|these|no|place|to live|possessive particle|people|maybe|can
The sea level is gradually rising, and these people who have no place to live may be able to
住 到 垃圾 島上 去 。但是 還是 有 一些 報導 說 ,其實 這個
live|to|garbage|on the island|go|but|still|there are|some|reports|say|actually|this
live on garbage islands. However, there are still some reports that say, in fact, this
都 太 誇張 了 ,根本 沒有 這樣 一個 島 或是 渦流 區 的 存在 。
all|too|exaggerated|past tense marker|at all|does not have|such|a|island|or|whirlpool|area|possessive particle|existence
is all too exaggerated, and there is no such island or vortex area existing.
眾說 紛紜 。其實 ,我 想 生活 在 這個 島嶼 裡面 ,
many people say|in confusion|actually|I|want|to live|in|this|island|inside
Opinions are varied. In fact, I want to live on this island,
我們 很多 的 資訊 都 是 接受 外來 的 。到底 ,太平洋 就
we|a lot|possessive particle|information|all|are|received|foreign|possessive particle|after all|Pacific Ocean|just
a lot of our information comes from external sources. After all, the Pacific Ocean is
在 我們 的 旁邊 ,太平洋 上 發生 了 什麼 事 ,我們 是不是
at|we|possessive particle|next to|Pacific Ocean|on|happened|past tense marker|what|event|we|are not
What happened next to us on the Pacific Ocean, should we
應該 要 親自 去 看看 。所以 ,今年 的 七月 ,很 幸運 的
should|to|personally|go|take a look|so|this year|possessive particle|July|very|lucky|possessive particle
go see it in person? So, this July, I was very fortunate
我 得到 Keep Walking 的 贊助 ,有 了 經費 讓 我
I|received|||possessive particle|sponsorship|have|past tense marker|funding|allow|me
to receive sponsorship from Keep Walking, which provided me
參加 了 一個 研究 調查 的 航程 ,實際 的 航行 在 太平洋 上
participated|past tense marker|a|research|survey|possessive particle|voyage|actual|possessive particle|navigation|on|Pacific Ocean|on
with the funds to participate in a research expedition, actually sailing on the Pacific Ocean
想要 去 了解 這樣 一個 問題 。這個 研究 團隊 其實
want|to|understand|such|a|question|this|research|team|actually
to understand such an issue. This research team actually
不只 只有 我 ,其實 是 來自 七個 國家 ,十三位 不同 背景 ,
not only|only|I|actually|is|from|seven|countries|thirteen|different|backgrounds
Not just me, actually, it comes from seven countries, thirteen people with different backgrounds,
有 攝影師 、或是 科學家 、社會 學者 共同 組成 的 一個 團隊 。
has|photographer|or|scientist|social|scholar|together|composed of|possessive particle|a|team
including photographers, scientists, and sociologists who make up a team.
那 我們 搭乘 的 船 是 這 一艘 海龍號 ,其實 它 不大 ,
that|we|take|possessive particle|boat|is|this|one|Hailong|actually|it|not big
The boat we are on is this Sea Dragon, and it's actually not big,
只有 72 英尺 ,大概 只有 二十幾 公尺 ,這樣 的 帆船 。
only|feet|approximately|only|twenty something|meters|this kind of|possessive particle|sailboat
only 72 feet, about just over twenty meters, this kind of sailboat.
我們 用 帆船 的 方式 是 希望 可以 減少 汙染 的 方式
we|use|sailing|possessive particle|method|is|hope|can|reduce|pollution|possessive particle|method
We hope to reduce pollution by using a sailing method.
去 了解 這樣 的 議題 。那 其實 我們 的 船 從 夏威夷 出發 ,
go|understand|such|possessive particle|issue|then|actually|we|possessive particle|ship|from|Hawaii|departs
To understand such issues. Actually, our ship departs from Hawaii,
然後 到 溫哥華 ,實際 的 天數 大概 是 二十多天
then|arrive|Vancouver|actual|possessive particle|number of days|approximately|is|over twenty days
and then arrives in Vancouver, the actual number of days is about twenty days.
將近 一個月 的 時間 。這樣子 的 一個 過程 我們 從
nearly|one month|possessive particle|time|like this|possessive particle|one|process|we|from
It's nearly a month's time. In this process, we travel from
亞熱帶 到 溫帶 地區 其實 氣候 的 變化 是 很 大 的 ,
subtropical|to|temperate|region|actually|climate|possessive particle|change|is|very|large|particle indicating modification
the subtropical to the temperate region, and the change in climate is quite significant,
但是 為了 更 了解 這些 ,因為 我們 的 路程 就是 經過 傳說 中 的
but|in order to|more|understand|these|because|we|possessive particle|journey|is just|passing through|legend|in|possessive particle
but in order to better understand these, because our journey passes through the legendary
這個 垃圾 渦流 區 ,為了 要 更 了解 這個 渦流 區 ,
this|garbage|whirlpool|area|in order to|to|more|understand|this|whirlpool|area
This garbage vortex area, in order to better understand this vortex area,
我們 必須 要 這樣 航行 。那 剛剛 有 說過 其實 過去
we|must|to|like this|navigate|that|just now|has|said|actually|in the past
we must navigate like this. As mentioned earlier, in fact, in the past
我 從來 沒有 任何 坐 帆船 的 經驗 ,也許 在 賞鯨 船上 有 ,
I|ever|have not|any|sailing|sailboat|(possessive particle)|experience|maybe|on|whale watching|on the boat|have
I have never had any experience sailing, maybe on a whale watching boat,
但 頂多 就是 兩個 小時 ,四個 小時 ,從來 沒有 21 天 都 在 海上
but|at most|just|two|hours|four|hours|never|have|days|all|at|sea
but at most it was just two hours, four hours, I have never spent 21 days at sea.
所以 除了 對 我 是 新 的 一個 挑戰 之外 ,其實 對 我們
so|besides|to|me|is|new|possessive particle|a|challenge|except for|actually|to|us
So besides being a new challenge for me, it is actually a challenge for us.
所有 團員 都 是 。我們 十三個 團員 裡面 只有 三位 是 有
all|team members|all|are|we|thirteen|team members|among|only|three|are|have
All the crew members are. Among our thirteen crew members, only three have sailing experience.
帆船 經驗 。所以 所有 的 人 都 必須 ,但是 船務 工作
sailing|experience|so|all|possessive particle|people|all|must|but|shipping|work
So everyone must, but the sailing duties.
必須 要 所有人 去 分擔 , 所以 我們 必須 要 學習 怎麼 開船 ,
Everyone must share, so we need to learn how to sail,
然後 學習 怎麼 睡覺 ,因為 大家 知道 ,這是 我 第一次
then|learn|how|sleep|because|everyone|knows|this is|I|first time
and then learn how to sleep, because as everyone knows, this is my first time.
坐 帆船 才 知道 原來 帆船 在 行駛 的 時候 它 永遠 是 有 角度 的 。
sailing|sailboat|only then|knew|originally|sailboat|during|sailing|possessive particle|time|it|always|is|has|angle|possessive particle
Sailing, I only realized that when a sailboat is moving, it is always at an angle.
不是 往 這邊 傾 ,就是 往 這邊 傾 。所以 你 的 重心
not|towards|this way|lean|then|towards|this way|lean|so|you|possessive particle|center of gravity
It's either tilting this way or tilting that way. So your center of gravity
其實 是 跟 平常 走 在 陸地 上 完全 不 一樣 的 ,
is actually completely different from when you walk on land.
包括 水流 的 角度 都 必須 要 重新 去 習慣 。
including|water flow|possessive particle|angle|all|must|need to|again|go|adapt
This includes having to get used to the angle of the water flow.
那 我們 坐 的 船 睡 的 地方 就是 像 吊床 一樣 ,
then|we|sit|possessive particle|boat|sleep|possessive particle|place|is just|like|hammock|the same
The place where we sleep on the boat is like a hammock,
所以 你 必須 要 小心 、牢牢 的 把 自己 綁 好 ,否則
so|you|must|need to|be careful|securely|possessive particle|particle indicating disposal|yourself|tie|well|otherwise
so you have to be careful and securely tie yourself up, otherwise,
一個 大浪 來 ,你 可能 就 會 滾下來 。
a|big wave|comes|you|might|then|will|roll down
A big wave comes, and you might just roll down.
船上 的 衛浴設備 呢 ,其實 基本上 我們 只有 兩間 廁所 。
on the ship|possessive particle|bathroom facilities|question particle|actually|basically|we|only|two|toilets
As for the bathroom facilities on the ship, we basically only have two toilets.
很 不幸 的 在 一個 禮拜 之後 ,其中 一間 廁所 就 堵塞 了 ,
very|unfortunately|(possessive particle)|in|one|week|after|among them|one|toilet|then|clogged|past tense marker
Unfortunately, after a week, one of the toilets got clogged,
所以 我們 只有 一間 廁所 ,十三個 人 一起 使用 ,
so|we|only|one|bathroom|thirteen|people|together|use
so we only have one toilet for thirteen people to use together,
所以 大家 非常 小心地 呵護 。
so|everyone|very|carefully|takes care of
which means everyone is very careful to take care of it.
那 另外 就 在 通訊 上面 ,其實 我們 算是 與 世隔絕 ,
then|additionally|just|on|communication|aspect|actually|we|can be considered|with|isolated from the world
Well, in terms of communication, we are actually somewhat isolated from the world.
因為 通訊 在 海上 需要 依靠 衛星 ,那 衛星 其實 是 非常 貴 的 。
because|communication|at|sea|needs|relies on|satellite|that|satellite|actually|is|very|expensive|(particle indicating possession or modification)
Because communication at sea relies on satellites, which are actually very expensive.
所以 我們 船長 大概 每天 會 ,可能 五分鐘 的 時間
so|we|captain|probably|every day|will|take|five minutes|possessive particle|time
So our captain probably spends about five minutes each day,
把 大家 想要 傳出去 的 資訊 先 儲存 在 電腦 裡 ,
put|everyone|wants|to be shared|possessive particle|information|first|save|in|computer|inside
storing the information that everyone wants to send out on the computer,
然後 再用 那 五分鐘 把 它 傳出去 ,或是 接收 外面 的 訊息 回來 。
then|use again|those|five minutes|to|it|send out|or|receive|outside|possessive particle|message|back
and then uses those five minutes to send it out or receive messages from outside.
所以 船上 的 生活 其實 是 非常 ,其實 真的 滿 無聊 的 ,
so|on the ship|possessive particle|life|actually|is|very|actually|really|quite|boring|particle indicating past action
So life on the ship is actually very, it really is quite boring.
但是 一 開始 的 時候 你 不會 覺得 無聊 。
but|one|start|possessive particle|time|you|will not|feel|bored
But at the beginning, you don't feel bored.
我 還 記得 剛 開始 出海 的 時候 我 非常 的 興奮 ,
I|still|remember|just|started|going out to sea|past action particle|time|I|very|adverbial particle|excited
I still remember when I first started going out to sea, I was very excited,
坐在 甲板 上 享受 海風 。大概 過了 四 、五個 小時 之後 ,
sitting on|deck|in|enjoying|sea breeze|probably|after|four|five|hours|later
sitting on the deck enjoying the sea breeze. After about four or five hours,
就 開始 慢慢 覺得 不大 對勁 了 ,這時候 ,船長 就 跟 我 說
then|started|slowly|to feel|not very|right|past tense marker|at that moment|captain|then|with|me|said
I started to feel that something was not quite right, and at that time, the captain said to me.
你 只有 兩個 選擇 ,一個 就是 待 在 甲板 上 ,第二個 就是 去 床上 睡覺 。
you|only|two|choices|one|is|stay|on|deck||second|is|go|to bed|sleep
You have only two choices, one is to stay on the deck, and the second is to go to bed and sleep.
就是 躺 著 就 對 了 。那 在 甲板 上 又 很 冷
just|lying|continuous aspect particle|then|right|past action particle|that|at|deck|on|again|very|cold
Just lying down is fine. But it's very cold on the deck.
當 天色 越來越 暗 的 時候 ,其實 海風 越來越 強 ,
when|daylight|more and more|dark|possessive particle|time|actually|sea breeze|more and more|strong
As the sky got darker, the sea breeze actually got stronger.
所以 我 就 連滾帶爬 的 趕快 爬 回 我 的 床鋪 。
so|I|then|rolling and crawling|(particle indicating action)|quickly|crawled|back|my|(possessive particle)|bed
So I quickly crawled back to my bunk.
那 就 這樣 一 躺躺 了 三天 ,真的 是 三天 !
then|just|like this|one|lying down|past tense marker|three days|really|is|three days
And just like that, I lay there for three days, really three days!
完全 沒有 進食 ,就 只有 不斷 的 喝水 ,因為 那個 暈眩 真的 是 ,
completely|did not|eat|then|only|continuously|possessive particle|drinking water|because|that|dizziness|really|is
I completely did not eat, just kept drinking water, because that dizziness was really,
那 當然 我 有 起來 上 廁所 因為 一直 喝水 。
then|of course|I|have|got up|to|bathroom|because|continuously|drinking water
Of course, I got up to go to the bathroom because I was drinking water constantly.
我 還 記得 我 跌 坐在 馬桶 上 然後 非常 的 痛苦 ,
I|still|remember|I|fell|sitting on|toilet|on|then|very|(possessive particle)|painful
I still remember I fell sitting on the toilet and was in a lot of pain,
然後 告訴 自己 :我 可以 活下去 。
then|tell|myself|I|can|live
and then told myself: I can survive.
就 這樣 子 過 了 三天 ,直到 第四天 ,我 終於 有 力氣 爬起來 ,
then|like this|particle|passed|past tense marker|three days|until|fourth day|I|finally|had|strength|to get up
That's how it went for three days, until the fourth day, when I finally had the strength to get up,
因為 ,我 的 夥伴 跟 我 說 「可不可以 起來 ?」因為 我們 必須 要
because|I|possessive particle|partner|with|I|said|can|get up|because|we|must|get up
Because my partner asked me, 'Can you get up?' Because we had to.
輪流 開船 ,所以 我 只好 鼓起 精神 然後 起來 。
take turns|driving the boat|so|I|had no choice but to|muster|spirit|then|get up
We had to take turns steering the boat, so I had no choice but to muster my spirit and get up.
不過 當 身體 開始 慢慢 適應 了 在 海上 的 生活 之後 ,
however|when|body|started|slowly|to adapt|past tense marker|in|at sea|possessive particle|life|after
However, once my body started to slowly adapt to life at sea,
其實 一切 似乎 就 變得 沒有 那麼 困難 ,尤其 是 在 夜晚 ,
actually|everything|seems|then|became|not|that|difficult|especially|is|at|night
everything seemed to become not so difficult, especially at night,
我們 也 必須 要 開船 ,然後 我 記得 在 晚上 的 時候 ,
we|also|must|need to|set sail|then|I|remember|at|night|possessive particle|time
when we also had to steer the boat, and I remember during the night,
在 海上 的 那個 感覺 其實 非常 特別 的 ,因為 只有 星星 跟 月亮 ,
on|the sea|possessive particle|that|feeling|actually|very|special|particle indicating adjective|because|only|stars|and|moon
The feeling out at sea is actually very special, because there are only stars and the moon,
然後 一片 漆黑 ,還有 你 眼前 的 羅盤 是 亮 的 ,其他 都 是 一片 漆黑 的 。
then|a piece of|pitch black|and also|you|in front of|possessive particle|compass|is|bright|particle indicating description|others|all|are|a piece of|pitch black|particle indicating description
and then a pitch blackness, with your compass in front of you shining bright, while everything else is just pitch black.
我 還 記得 有 一次 ,我 第二次 開船 掌舵 的 時候 ,那 時候
I|still|remember|there is|one time|I|second|driving a boat|steering|past action particle|when|that|time
I still remember one time, when I was steering the boat for the second time, at that moment,
忽然 ,本來 大概 船速 只有 六節 、七節 ,突然
suddenly|originally|approximately|ship speed|only|6 knots|7 knots|suddenly
suddenly, the boat was only going about six or seven knots, and then suddenly,
風速 開始 增加 ,那 我 非常 的 緊張 ,因為 ,
wind speed|started|to increase|then|I|very|possessive particle|nervous|because
the wind speed started to increase, and I was very nervous, because,
本來 一 開始 很 興奮 ,因為 覺得 哇 !船 終於 變得 比較 快 了 ,
originally|one|started|very|excited|because|felt|wow|boat|finally|became|relatively|fast|past tense marker
At first, I was very excited because I thought, wow! The boat finally became faster.
因為 一 開始 好慢 。 因為 我們 都 是 靠 風力 , 所以
At the beginning, it was very slow. Because we were relying on wind power,
當風來 的 時候 你 就 會 很 興奮 。可是 越開 越 不 對 ,
when the wind comes|possessive particle|time|you|then|will|very|excited|but|the more it opens|the more|not|right
when the wind came, you would feel very excited. But as we went on, it didn't feel right,
七節 、八節 、九節 、十節 的 時候 ,這 都 大概 短短 在 五分鐘
seventh period|eighth period|ninth period|tenth period|possessive particle|time|this|all|approximately|only|within|five minutes
at seven knots, eight knots, nine knots, and ten knots, this all happened in about five minutes.
之間 ,速度 就 瞬間 上升 ,整個 船隻 已經 左傾 了
between|speed|then|instantly|rose|entire|ship|already|tilted left|past tense marker
The speed suddenly increased, and the whole boat was already leaning to the left.
大概 左 船舷 大概 都 快 貼 到 水面 了 , 接近 快要
The left side of the boat was almost touching the water, close to a 90-degree angle.
90 度 的 角度 。我 非常 的 緊張 ,一直 問 我 旁邊 的 夥伴 說
degrees|possessive particle|angle|I|very|adverbial particle|nervous|always|ask|I|next to|possessive particle|partner|said
I was very nervous and kept asking my partner next to me what to do.
怎麼辦 、 怎麼辦 , 我 不 想要 船毀 在 我 的 手上 。
I didn't want the boat to be destroyed on my watch.
這時候 ,船長 就 跳 出來 ,然後 很 迅速 的 教 我們 怎麼
at that moment|captain|then|jumped|out|and then|very|quickly|(adverbial particle)|taught|us|how
At that moment, the captain jumped out and quickly taught us how to stabilize the boat.
去 把 船 穩住 ,然後 收帆 ,然後 穩定下來 。
go|(particle indicating action)|boat|steady|then|lower the sail|then|settle down
Then we lowered the sails and stabilized it.
所以 其實 我 覺得 ,在 大海上 的 航行 ,我 不知道
so|actually|I|feel|on|the sea|possessive particle|sailing|I|don't know
So actually, I think, when sailing on the ocean, I don't know.
在座 有 多少 人 有 這樣子 的 一個 航海 的 經驗 ,
present|have|how many|people|have|such|possessive particle|one|sailing|possessive particle|experience
How many people here have such sailing experience?
那 我 身為 一個 台灣 人 ,雖然 說 我們 的 帆船 工業 其實 是
then|I|as|a|Taiwan|person|although|say|our|possessive particle|sailing|industry|actually|is
As a Taiwanese, although our sailing industry is actually famous worldwide,
全世界 有名 的 ,但是 我們 似乎 很少 有 機會
the whole world|famous|possessive particle|but|we|seem|very rarely|have|opportunity
it seems that we rarely have the opportunity
真的 到 海上 去 看看 。
really|to|at sea|go|take a look
to really go out to sea and take a look.
那 在 海上 其實 也 是 , 只有 我們 這艘 船 跟 一望無際 的
Well, at sea, it's actually the same; there is only our ship and the endless ocean.
大海 ,偶爾 經過 我們 船邊 的 海鳥 們 、或是 鯨豚 們 。
ocean|occasionally|passing|our|boat side|possessive particle|seagulls|plural marker|or|dolphins|plural marker
Occasionally, there are seabirds passing by our ship or whales and dolphins.
所以 其實 在 海上 ,真的 沒有 什麼 太多 的 娛樂 ,
so|actually|at|sea|really|there is not|anything|too much|(possessive particle)|entertainment
So, there really isn't much entertainment at sea.
那 等到 開始 適應 了 海上 的 生活 之後 ,
then|when|start|adapting|past tense marker|at sea|possessive particle|life|after
But once you start to adapt to life at sea,
其實 你 會 覺得 在 海上 生活 其實 還蠻 舒服 的 。
actually|you|will|feel|in|on the sea|life|actually|quite|comfortable|particle indicating past action or state
you'll actually find that living at sea is quite comfortable.
每天 的 夕陽 跟 日出 其實 都 非常 的 美麗 。
every day|possessive particle|sunset|and|sunrise|actually|both|very|adverbial particle|beautiful
The sunsets and sunrises every day are actually very beautiful.
當然 我們 開始 慢慢 習慣 在 海上 生活 之後 ,
of course|we|started|slowly|to get used to|in|on the sea|life|after
Of course, as we slowly get used to living on the sea,
最 重要 的 就是 我們 開始 ,為 什麼 會
most|important|possessive particle|is just|we|start|for|what|will
the most important thing is that we start to understand why we
去 參加 這個 航程 ,就是 我們 想要 了解
go|participate|this|itinerary|is|we|want to|understand
participated in this voyage, which is that we want to find out
到底 太平洋 上 有沒有 垃圾 島 。
after all|Pacific Ocean|on|is there or not|garbage|island
if there are garbage islands in the Pacific Ocean.
除了 用 肉眼 看 之外 ,其實 我們 也 用 科學 的 方式 ,
besides|using|naked eye|seeing|other than|actually|we|also|use|scientific|possessive particle|method
In addition to observing with the naked eye, we also use scientific methods,
就是 科學家 所 設計 的 這個 拖網 ,
it is|scientist|particle indicating action|designed|possessive particle|this|trawl net
which is this net designed by scientists,
想要 去 了解 海平面 上 是不是 有 一些 垃圾 在 漂浮 。
want|to|understand|sea level|on|whether or not|has|some|trash|at|floating
to understand whether there is some garbage floating on the sea surface.
如果 有 東西 的話 ,它 會 撈 在 最後 這個 網袋 裡面 。
if|has|something|then|it|will|scoop|in|the last|this|net bag|inside
If there is something, it will be caught in the last net bag.
其實 這個 拖網 非常 的 重 ,所以
actually|this|trawl net|very|(possessive particle)|heavy|so
In fact, this net is very heavy, so
所以 我們 必須 要 兩個 夥伴 一起 ,很 穩定 的
so|we|must|need|two|partners|together|very|stable|particle
So we need two partners together, very stable.
把 它 放入 水中 之後 ,拖個 幾個 小時 ,
put|it|into|water|after|drag for|a few|hours
After putting it in the water, drag it for a few hours.
再 把 它 拉上來 ,而且 是 一天 24 小時
again|particle indicating action|it|pull up|and|is|one day|hours
Then pull it up, and it has to be done 24 hours a day.
要 不斷 的 做 這個 動作 。
must|continuously|particle indicating action|do|this|action
This action has to be done continuously.
所以 如果 浪大 的 時候 還蠻 危險 的 。
So it can be quite dangerous when the waves are big.
那 這個 是 我們 整個 做 研究 的 路徑 ,從 夏威夷 。
that|this|is|we|entire|conducting|research|possessive particle|path|from|Hawaii
So this is the entire path of our research, starting from Hawaii.
然後 黃色 跟 紅色 的 點 大概 就是 我們
then|yellow|and|red|possessive particle|dots|probably|is just|us
Then the yellow and red dots are roughly where we
有 做 拖網 的 位置 。好 ,那 每天 就 這樣 看著 海 ,
there is|to do|trawling|possessive particle|location|good|then|every day|just|like this|looking at|sea
have done trawling. Alright, so every day we just look at the sea,
一直 看 ,感覺 就是 一片 湛藍 ,
continuously|looking|feeling|just|a piece of|deep blue
constantly looking, it feels like a deep blue,
其實 根本 你 不會 覺得 有 什麼 污染 很 嚴重 ,
actually|at all|you|will not|feel|have|any|pollution|very|serious
actually you wouldn't feel that there is any serious pollution.
畢竟 我們 在 整個 21 天 的 航程 裡面 ,
after all|we|during|entire|day|possessive particle|journey|inside
After all, during the entire 21-day voyage,
我們 根本 沒有 看到 任何 的 人 。
we|at all|did not|see|any|possessive particle|person
we didn't see any people at all.
甚至 我們 只有 看到 兩艘 貨輪 跟 一艘 漁船 ,
even|we|only|saw|two|cargo ships|and|one|fishing boat
In fact, we only saw two cargo ships and one fishing boat,
而且 還是 非常 的 遙遠 。
moreover|still|very|possessive particle|far
and they were very far away.
所以 你 會 覺得 那 真的 是 一個
so|you|will|feel|that|really|is|a
So you would feel that it really was a
被 遺忘 的 角落 ,怎麼 會 有 汙染 在 這裡 發生 。
be|forgotten|possessive particle|corner|how|could|have|pollution|at|here|happen
In the forgotten corner, how could there be pollution happening here?
但是 呢 ,我們 還是 發現 了 一些 東西 。
but|question particle|we|still|discovered|past tense marker|some|things
However, we still found some things.
最 常見 的 就是 這些 漂浮 的 漁業 用 的
most|common|possessive particle|is just|these|floating|possessive particle|fishing|use|possessive particle
The most common are these floating fishing gear.
廢棄 浮球 。在 我們 肉眼 可以 看到 的
abandoned|float ball|at|we|naked eye|can|see|particle
Among the trash we can see with the naked eye,
垃圾 裡面 ,這些 漁業 用 的 浮球
garbage|inside|these|fishing|used|possessive particle|float
these fishing floats.
大概 就 占 了 百分之五十 。
approximately|then|occupies|past tense marker|fifty percent
It probably accounts for about fifty percent.
那 當然 我們 也 發現 了 一些 廢棄 的 ,
that|of course|we|also|discovered|past tense marker|some|abandoned|possessive particle
Of course, we also discovered some abandoned,
這些 被 丟棄 在 海裡面 的 漁網 。
these|(passive marker)|discarded|in|the sea|possessive particle|fishing net
these fishing nets that were discarded in the sea.
這張 照片 其實 得來 非常 不易 ,因為
this|photo|actually|obtained|very|not easy|because
This photo was actually very hard to obtain, because
其實 大家 可以 看到 ,
actually|everyone|can|see
actually, everyone can see,
它 就是 飄浮 在 一望無際 的 大 海 上 ,
it|is|floating|on|endless|possessive particle|big|sea|on
It is floating on the vast ocean,
那 我們 有 一位 韓國 的 攝影師
then|we|have|one|Korean|possessive particle|photographer
and we have a Korean photographer
為了 想要 更 了解 它 實際 的 狀況 ,
in order to|want|more|understand|it|actual|possessive particle|situation
who wanted to better understand its actual condition,
所以 跳入 了 那個 汪洋大海 裡 。
so|jumped into|past tense marker|that|vast ocean|inside
so he jumped into that vast ocean.
其實 大家 知道 ,當 你 跳 入 海 裡面 的 時候 ,
actually|everyone|knows|when|you|jump|into|sea|inside|possessive particle|time
In fact, everyone knows that when you jump into the sea,
在 大洋 上 其實 是 非常 危險 的 。
on|ocean||actually|is|very|dangerous|particle
It is actually very dangerous on the ocean.
因為 海流 的 狀況 是 非常 不 確定 的 ,
because|ocean current|possessive particle|condition|is|very|not|certain|particle indicating modification
Because the conditions of the sea currents are very uncertain,
所以 一不小心 ,當 你 失溫 或是 沒力 的 時候 ,
so|carelessly|when|you|lose warmth|or|lack of strength|possessive particle|time
if you are not careful, when you become hypothermic or weak,
其實 船上 的 人 根本 找 不到 你 。
the people on the ship actually cannot find you.
但是 ,他 帶來 的 照片 更 讓 我們 驚訝
but|he|brought|possessive particle|photo|even more|made|us|surprised
However, the photos he brought were even more surprising to us.
是 因為 這個 漁業 用 的 廢棄 漁網 下面
is|because|this|fishing|used|possessive particle|abandoned|fishing net|underneath
It is because there are discarded fishing nets used in this fishery.
有 非常 多的 魚 ,群眾 在 裡面 ,有 小魚 到 大魚 都 有 。
there is|very|many|fish|crowd|in|inside|there are|small fish|to|big fish|all|have
There are a lot of fish underneath, with crowds inside, ranging from small fish to large fish.
還有 一些 魚 是 被困 在 漁網 裡面 的 。
there are still|some|fish|are|trapped|in|fishing net|inside|particle indicating possession or description
Some fish are also trapped in the fishing nets.
那 這些 都 是 我們 肉眼 可以 看到 的 。
that|these|all|are|we|naked eye|can|see|(particle indicating past action)
These are all visible to the naked eye.
我 剛剛 有 講 我們 用 拖網 去 拖 海水 表面 ,
I|just|have|said|we|use|trawl net|to|drag|seawater|surface
I just mentioned that we use trawls to drag the surface of the sea.
其實 一 開始 的 時候 我 覺得
actually|one|start|possessive particle|time|I|felt
Actually, at the very beginning, I thought.
海水 看起來 這麼 的 乾淨 怎麼 可能 拖 到 任何 東西 。
seawater|looks|so|(possessive particle)|clean|how|possible|drag|to|any|thing
The sea looked so clean, how could it possibly drag anything.
但是 ,我 帶 了 一個 (好 ,在 這裡 ,謝謝 )
but|I|brought|past tense marker|one|good|at|here|thank you
But I brought one (Okay, thank you here).
但是 實際 的 結果 ,大家 可以 看到 我 手中 的
but|actual|possessive particle|result|everyone|can|see|I|in hand|possessive particle
But the actual result, as everyone can see in my hand.
這 一瓶 ,
this|one bottle
This bottle,
我 不 知道 大家 看不看 的 到 ,
I|not|know|everyone|whether (they) can see|possessive particle|arrive
I don't know if everyone can see it,
看不到 可以 看 投 影片 。
cannot see|can|watch|project|video
if you can't see it, you can watch the video.
就是 當 我們 拖網 拖上來 之後 發現 ,
it is just|when|we|trawl net|pulled up|after|discovered
It's just that when we dragged the net up,
在 這麼 清澈 的 ,看起來 沒有 污染 的 海水 裡面 ,
in|so|clear|possessive particle|looks|no|pollution|possessive particle|seawater|inside
we found that in such clear,
居然 充斥 了 這麼 多 的 塑膠 碎片 。
unexpectedly|is filled with|past tense marker|so|many|possessive particle|plastic|fragments
seemingly unpolluted seawater,
除了 這麼 多 的 小 顆粒 之外 ,
besides|so|many|possessive particle|small|particles|except for
In addition to so many small particles,
其實 看到 有 牙刷 ,甚至 是 塑膠玩具 金剛 等等 。
actually|seeing|has|toothbrush|even|is|plastic toy|Optimus Prime|etc
we actually found toothbrushes, and even plastic toys like Transformers, etc.
甚至 我們 在 調查過程 中 ,我們 抓到 了 一些 魚 ,
even|we|in|investigation process|during|we|caught|past tense marker|some|fish
Moreover, during our investigation, we caught some fish,
那 這些 魚 的 肚子 裡 也 有 塑膠 碎片 。
that|these|fish|possessive particle|stomach|inside|also|have|plastic|fragments
and these fish also had plastic fragments in their stomachs.
大家 可能 好奇 為 什麼 這些 魚類 會 吃到 塑膠 碎片 ,
everyone|might|curious|for|what|these|fish|will|eat|plastic|fragments
Everyone might be curious as to why these fish would ingest plastic fragments,
那 其實 當 我們 仔細 的 再 去 看
that|actually|when|we|carefully|possessive particle|again|go|look
Actually, when we take a closer look
拖網 裡的 東西 之後 你 會 發現 ,
dragnet|inside|things|later|you|will|discover
at the things in the trawl,
除了 這些 塑膠 碎片 之外 還有
besides|these|plastic|fragments|apart from|there are also
you will find that,
各式各樣 的 浮游生物 。
all kinds of|possessive particle|plankton
in addition to these plastic fragments, there are
從 螃蟹 蝦子 到 一些 螺 貝類 的 幼小 的 幼蟲 之外
from|crab|shrimp|to|some|snail|shellfish|possessive particle|tiny|possessive particle|larvae|outside of
various kinds of plankton.
還有 魚卵 ,甚至 水母 等等 。
also|fish eggs|even|jellyfish|etc
There are also fish eggs, and even jellyfish, etc.
這些 浮游生物 全部 會 被 我們
these|plankton|all|will|be|us
All these plankton will be caught by us.
一網打盡 。所以 可能 有些 人 會 覺得
catch everything in one net|so|possibly|some|people|will|feel
So some people might wonder
為 什麼 這些 海洋生物 會 去 吃
why|what|these|marine creatures|will|go|eat
why these marine creatures would eat
這些 塑膠 碎片 ?他 為 什麼 不 挑著 吃 就 好 了 ?
these|plastic|fragments|he|for|what|not|picking|eating|then|well|past tense marker
these plastic fragments? Why don't they just pick and choose what to eat?
牠 吃 牠 應該 要 吃 的 的 東西 。
it|eats|it|should|needs|eat|possessive particle|possessive particle|food
It eats what it should eat.
可是 當 我們 在 撈網 的 過程 之中 ,
but|when|we|in|net fishing|possessive particle|process|during
But during the process of fishing with a net,
當 你 撈 上來 之後 你 會 發現 ,
when|you|scoop|up|after|you|will|realize
after you pull it up, you will find that,
原來 ,這些 塑膠 碎片 跟 這些 浮游生物
originally|these|plastic|fragments|and|these|plankton
these plastic fragments and these plankton
他們 是 共享 在 同一個 海水 表面 的 。根本 很 難 去 區分
They|are|sharing|on|the same|seawater|surface|possessive particle|fundamentally|very|difficult|to|distinguish
are sharing the same surface of seawater. It's really hard to distinguish.
哪些 是 塑膠 碎片 , 哪些 是 浮游生物 。
Which are plastic fragments, and which are plankton?
那 它 的 密度 是 怎樣 呢 ?就 很 像
that|it|possessive particle|density|is|how|question particle|just|very|similar
So what is its density like? It's very similar to
今天 喝 一杯 珍珠奶茶 ,你 吸 了 一口
today|drink|a cup|bubble tea|you|suck|past tense marker|one sip
drinking a cup of bubble tea today, and you take a sip
發現 怎麼 怪怪的 ,可能 裡面 有 七顆 珍珠
discovered|how|strange|maybe|inside|has|seven|pearls
and find it feels strange, maybe there are seven pearls inside.
但是 你 發現 只有 一顆 是 真的 珍珠 ,
but|you|found|only|one|is|real|pearl
But you find that only one is a real pearl.
其他 六顆 都 是 保麗龍 做 的 球 。就是 那樣 的 感覺 。
other|six|all|are|styrofoam|made|possessive particle|balls|just|that way|past action particle|feeling
The other six balls are made of Styrofoam. That's the feeling.
當 你 今天 要求 魚 吃 一口 東西 的 時候 ,
when|you|today|ask for|fish|eat|a bite|food|possessive particle|time
When you ask the fish to take a bite of something today,
牠 這樣 一口 下去 可能 就 吃到 很多 垃圾 。
it|like this|in one bite|down|probably|then|eats|a lot of|garbage
it might end up swallowing a lot of garbage.
大家 知道 浮游生物 其實 是 海裡面 非常 重要 ,
everyone|knows|plankton|actually|is|in the ocean|very|important
Everyone knows that plankton is actually very important in the ocean,
在 生態系 裡面 非常 重要 的 一群 生物
in|ecosystem|inside|very|important|possessive particle|a group|organisms
a very important group of organisms in the ecosystem.
因為 從小 魚到 鯨魚 全部 都是 吃
because|from a young age|fish to|whale|all|are|eat
Because from small fish to whales, they all eat
這些 浮游生物 長大 的 。
these|plankton|grow|past tense particle
these plankton as they grow up.
所以 , 開始 這趟 旅程 之前 我 一直 在 想 ,
So, before starting this journey, I kept thinking,
既然 如果 海上 真的 有 這麼 大 的 垃圾 渦流
since|if|at sea|really|has|so|large|(possessive particle)|garbage|vortex
if there really is such a large garbage vortex
或是 垃圾 島 ,我們 是不是 有 機會 把 它 清除 ?
or|garbage|island|we|is it possible to|have|opportunity|to|it|clear
or garbage island in the ocean, do we have a chance to clean it up?
人定勝天 。但是 當 你 看到 這樣 的 情形 ,
man can conquer nature|but|when|you|see|such|possessive particle|situation
Man can conquer nature. But when you see such a situation,
請問 我們 要 怎麼樣 去 區分 這些 浮游生物
may I ask|we|need|how|to|distinguish|these|plankton
how do we distinguish these plankton
跟 這些 塑膠 碎片 ?
with|these|plastic|fragments
from these plastic fragments?
到 目前 為止 其實 人們 還 沒有 能力 去
until|now|up to|actually|people|still|not|ability|to
So far, people actually do not have the ability to
把 這樣 子 的 問題 解決 ,所以
to|this way|particle|possessive particle|problem|solve|so
solve such problems, so
海洋 垃圾 渦流 這個 問題 的確 存在 ,
ocean|garbage|vortex|this|problem|indeed|exists
The issue of ocean garbage vortexes does indeed exist,
而 不幸 的 是 我們 似乎 還 沒有 想到 更好 的 解決 方式 。
but|unfortunately|possessive particle|is|we|seems|still|have not|thought of|better|possessive particle|solution|method
and unfortunately, we seem to have not thought of a better solution.
那 除了 這些 生物 會 吃 這些 垃圾 之外 ,
that|besides|these|creatures|will|eat|these|garbage|except
In addition to these organisms consuming this garbage,
科學家 更 發現 這些 塑膠 碎片 還會 沾 附著
The scientist|even|discovered|these|plastic|fragments|will also|stick|adhere
scientists have also discovered that these plastic fragments can adhere to
從 陸地 上 的 污染 物質 。
from|land|on|possessive particle|pollution|substances
pollutants from land.
戴奧辛 、 DDT 這些 農藥 。
dioxin|DDT|these|pesticides
Dioxins, DDT, and these pesticides.
當 它 流入 了 海中 之後 ,它 會 沾 附 在 這些
when|it|flows into|past tense marker|into the sea|after|it|will|adhere|attach|on|these
When they flow into the sea, they will attach to these.
塑膠 碎片 上 。所以 當 這些 生物 吃下 它 之後 ,
plastic|fragments|on|so|when|these|organisms|ingest|it|after
Plastic fragments. So when these organisms consume them,
其實 經過 食物鏈 的 累積 ,最後 很 可能 就 會
actually|through|food chain|possessive particle|accumulation|finally|very|likely|then|will
actually, through the accumulation in the food chain, it is very likely that it will
反映 在 人 的 身上 。所以 ,這樣子 的 問題
reflect|on|person|possessive particle|body|so|this kind of|possessive particle|question
ultimately reflect on humans. So, this kind of problem.
剛 提到 其實 它 一直 在 發生 ,不 只是 北 太平洋 。
just|mentioned|actually|it|always|at|happening|not|only|North|Pacific Ocean
It was just mentioned that it has actually been happening all along, not just in the North Pacific.
目前 世界 各 大洋 科學家 都 慢慢 發現
currently|world|each|ocean|scientists|all|slowly|discover
Currently, scientists from all the world's oceans are slowly discovering
有 這樣子 的 垃圾 渦流 區 慢慢 在 形成 。
there is|like this|possessive particle|garbage|vortex|area|slowly|at|forming
that such garbage vortex areas are gradually forming.
為什麼 會 有 這樣 的 問題 ?
why|will|have|such|possessive particle|question
Why is there such a problem?
我 想 如果 大家 仔細 去 回想 ,
I|think|if|everyone|carefully|to|recall
I think if everyone carefully recalls,
塑膠 在 我們 的 社會 ,什麼 時候 開始
plastic|in|our|possessive particle|society|what|time|started
When did plastic become so popular in our society?
這麼 普及 ?其實 並 不久 ,
so|popular|actually|not|long
Actually, it hasn't been long,
大概 在 50 年 前 塑膠 才 開始
approximately|at|years|ago|plastic|only|started
about 50 years ago plastic began to
慢慢 普及 在 我們 的 日常生活 中 。
slowly|popularize|in|our|possessive particle|daily life|within
slowly become common in our daily lives.
塑膠 其實 是 一個 非常 好 的 物質 。
plastic|actually|is|a|very|good|possessive particle|material
Plastic is actually a very good material.
它 耐用 又 防水 ,甚至 可以 做成 各種 不同 的 形狀 。
it|durable|and|waterproof|even|can|made into|various|different|possessive particle|shapes
It is durable and waterproof, and can even be made into various different shapes.
但是 我們 對 它 的 態度 是 所謂 的
but|we|towards|it|possessive particle|attitude|is|so-called|possessive particle
However, our attitude towards it is what is called
" Throw Away "
Throw|Away
"Throw Away"
用過 即 丟 。但是 大家 有沒有 想過 ,
used|immediately|throw away|but|everyone|have or have not|thought about
use it and throw it away. But has anyone thought about it,
塑膠 其實 是 沒有 辦法 分解 的 。
plastic|actually|is|no|method|decompose|(particle)
plastic actually cannot decompose.
它 只 能夠 不斷 的 不斷 的 裂解 成
It can only continuously break down into
非常 小 的 一些 碎片 ,但是 它 不會 消失 不見 ,
very|small|possessive particle|some|fragments|but|it|will not|disappear|be lost
very small fragments, but it will not disappear,
就算 人類 有 一天 不在 這個 地球 上 ,
even if|humanity|has|one day|not exist|this|Earth|on
even if humans are no longer on this Earth one day,
塑膠 還是 依然 會 存在 。
plastic|still|still|will|exist
plastic will still exist.
所以 我們 該 怎麼 做 ?
so|we|should|how|do
So what should we do?
其實 我 不敢 說 我們 應該 要 怎麼 做 ,
actually|I|don't dare|to say|we|should|need to|how|do
Actually, I dare not say how we should do it,
而是 我 把 這個 事實 帶 回到 台灣 來 ,
but|I|(particle indicating disposal)|this|fact|bring|back to|Taiwan|(particle indicating direction)
but I bring this fact back to Taiwan,
那 我 希望 大家 更 重視 這樣 的 問題 。
then|I|hope|everyone|more|pay attention to|such|possessive particle|question
and I hope everyone pays more attention to such issues.
也許 海上 的 問題 我們 已經 沒有 太多 的 能力 去 解決 它 ,
maybe|at sea|possessive particle|problem|we|already|do not have|too much|possessive particle|ability|to|solve|it
Perhaps we no longer have much ability to solve problems at sea,
但是 我們 可以 解決 的 是 陸地 上 的 問題 。
but|we|can|solve|possessive particle|is|land|on|possessive particle|problem
but what we can solve are the problems on land.
大家 知道 海上 百分之八十 的 垃圾 是 來自 於 陸地 。
everyone|knows|at sea|eighty percent|possessive particle|garbage|is|comes from|from|land
Everyone knows that eighty percent of the garbage in the ocean comes from land.
從 台灣 親近 海洋 行動 聯盟 做 的 調查 ,
from|Taiwan|close to|ocean|action|alliance|conducted|possessive particle|survey
According to a survey conducted by the Taiwan Ocean Action Alliance,
他們 每年 會 去 海邊 淨灘 ,他們 不 只是 撿 垃圾 ,
They|every year|will|go|beach|beach clean-up|They|not|only|pick up|trash
they go to the beach for clean-up every year, and they don't just pick up trash,
他們 看 這些 垃圾 的 來源 是 什麼 。
They|look|these|garbage|possessive particle|source|is|what
they also look at the sources of this garbage.
你 可以 發現 ,第一名 ,塑膠袋 ,
you|can|find|first place|plastic bag
You can find that the number one source is plastic bags,
還有 免洗餐具 等等 。這些 東西
also|disposable tableware|etc|these|things
There are also disposable tableware, etc. These things.
全部都是 出現 在 我們 日常生活 中 ,
all are|appear|in|our|daily life|within
All of these appear in our daily lives,
而 這些 東西 也 都 是 在 我們 海灘 上
and|these|things|also|all|are|at|our|beach|on
and these things can also be found on our beaches.
最 常 可以 被 發現 的 。
most|often|can|be|discovered|particle indicating possession or modification
They are the most commonly found.
當 我們 人類 走 到 海邊 ,我們 沒有 辦法
when|we|humanity|walk|to|beach|we|have not|solution
When we humans walk to the beach, we have no way.
繼續 往 海上 航行 ,或是 沒有 辦法 繼續 往前
continue|towards|the sea|sailing|or|no|way|continue|forward
Continue sailing towards the sea, or there is no way to move forward.
的 時候 ,這些 垃圾 會 乘著 波浪 ,
possessive particle|time|these|garbage|will|ride on|waves
At that time, this garbage will ride the waves,
不斷 不斷 的 流入 大海 ,
continuous|continuously|possessive particle|flowing into|ocean
constantly flowing into the ocean,
而 我們 就 沒有 辦法 再 解決 它 。
and|we|then|have not|way|again|solve|it
and we will have no way to solve it.
有些 人 可能 覺得 說 ,
some|people|might|think|saying
Some people may think that saying,
我 雖然 用 塑膠 但是 我 會 做好 回收 。
I|although|use|plastic|but|I|will|do well|recycling
Although I use plastic, I will do a good job of recycling.
我 不 知道 多少 人 了解 ,我們 現在 所用 的 塑膠
I|not|know|how many|people|understand|we|now|used|possessive particle|plastic
I don't know how many people understand the plastic we are using now.
種類 裡面 ,大概 只有 保特瓶
type|inside|probably|only|plastic bottle
Among the types, probably only PET bottles.
它 的 回收 效率 是 比較 高 的 。
it|possessive particle|recycling|efficiency|is|relatively|high|adjectival particle
Its recycling efficiency is relatively high.
其他 大部分 的 塑膠 沒有 辦法 再 回收 、
other|most|possessive particle|plastic|no|way|again|recycle
Most other plastics cannot be recycled.
再 使用 ,它 也 沒有 辦法 用 焚燒 的 方式
again|use|it|also|has no|method|using|incineration|possessive particle|way
Using it again, there is no way to dispose of it by burning.
因為 它 會 汙染 環境 。
because|it|will|pollute|environment
Because it will pollute the environment.
所以 它 只能 用 什麼 方式 ?
so|it|can only|use|what|method
So what method can it only be used for?
掩埋 。
bury
Burial.
掩埋場 大部分 其實 都 在 海邊 ,
landfill|most|actually|all|at|seaside
Most landfills are actually located by the sea,
如果 大家 有 注意 到 的話 ,
if|everyone|has|attention|to|conditional particle
If everyone has noticed,
那 這些 垃圾 其實 很 有 機會
that|these|garbage|actually|very|have|opportunity
then these pieces of trash actually have a good chance
又 再 流入 大海 。因此 ,我 希望 在 這裡
again|again|flow into|ocean|therefore|I|hope|at|here
of flowing back into the ocean. Therefore, I hope that here
透過 這樣 的 航程 ,希望 大家 能夠 更
through|this|possessive particle|journey|hope|everyone|can|more
through this journey, everyone can pay more
重視 這樣 的 議題 ,然後 從 日常生活 中 做起 。
attach importance to|such|possessive particle|issue|then|from|daily life|in|start
attention to this issue and start from daily life.
減少 使用 一次性 的 塑膠 物品 ,
reduce|use|disposable|possessive particle|plastic|items
Reduce the use of disposable plastic items,
這是 我們 可以 做到 的 。 也許 我們
this is something we can do. Maybe we
沒有 辦法 到 海上 去 清除 那些 垃圾 ,
no|way|to|the sea|go|remove|those|trash
can't go out to sea to clean up that trash,
我們 沒有 辦法 去 叫 這些 海洋生物
we|do not have|way|to|call|these|marine creatures
we can't tell these marine creatures
不要 吃 塑膠 垃圾 ,但 我們 可以
do not|eat|plastic|garbage|but|we|can
not to eat plastic waste, but we can
減少 這些 塑膠 物品 的 產生 。
reduce|these|plastic|items|possessive particle|production
Reduce the production of these plastic items.
最後 就是 ,你 如果 到 了 海邊 ,
finally|it means|you|if|arrive|past tense marker|beach
Finally, if you go to the beach,
有 機會 看到 這些 塑膠 物品 ,
have|opportunity|to see|these|plastic|items
you may have the opportunity to see these plastic items,
請 記得 把 它 撿起來 。
please|remember|to|it|pick up
please remember to pick them up.
因為 當 它 流入 大海 之後 ,你 真的 沒有 辦法
because|when|it|flows into|ocean|after|you|really|have no|way
Because once they flow into the sea, you really have no way.
再 把 它 撿起 。
again|(a particle indicating the disposal of an object)|it|pick up
Pick it up again.
每年 大概 有 十 萬隻 的 海洋生物 持續 的
every year|approximately|has|ten|hundred thousand|(possessive particle)|marine animals|continuously|(particle indicating action)
Every year, about one hundred thousand marine creatures are continuously
受到 海洋 塑膠 垃圾 的 汙染 。
affected|ocean|plastic|garbage|possessive particle|pollution
affected by pollution from ocean plastic waste.
因為 喜歡 海洋 ,所以 我 開始 透過
because|like|ocean|so|I|started|through
Because I love the ocean, I started to
不斷 的 親近 海洋 ,然後 這樣 的 航程
constantly|possessive particle|approaching|ocean|then|such|possessive particle|journey
constantly get close to the ocean, and this journey
去 了解 事實 。我 希望 能夠 更 多 的 人 ,
go|understand|facts|I|hope|can|more|many|possessive particle|people
Go understand the facts. I hope more people can,
通過 演講 去 了解 現在 海洋 的 問題 是 什麼 ,
through|speech|to|understand|current|ocean|possessive particle|issues|is|what
through speeches, understand what the current issues of the ocean are,
我們 應該 要 做 什麼 。
we|should|need|do|what
and what we should do.
如果 你 也 喜歡 海洋 ,希望 你
if|you|also|like|ocean|hope|you
If you also love the ocean, I hope you
可以 一起 跟 我 行動 ,謝謝 。
can|together|with|me|act|thank you
can take action with me, thank you.
SENT_CWT:AFkKFwvL=15.44 PAR_TRANS:gpt-4o-mini=5.52
en:AFkKFwvL
openai.2025-01-22
ai_request(all=390 err=0.00%) translation(all=325 err=0.00%) cwt(all=2993 err=4.88%)