The Little Prince 20
Der kleine Prinz 20
The Little Prince 20
星の王子さま 20
The Little Prince 20
小王子 21
就 在 這 當兒 , 跑 來 了 一隻 狐狸 。
“ 你好 。
“ 狐狸 說 。
“ 你好 。
“ 小王子 很 有 禮貌 地 回答 道 。
他 轉過身 來 , 但 什麼 也 沒有 看到 。
“ 我 在 這兒 , 在 蘋果樹 下 。
“ 那 聲音 說 。
您 是 誰 ?
小王子 說 ,「 你 很漂亮 。
“ 我 是 一隻 狐狸 。
“ 狐狸 說 。
“ 來 和 我 一起 玩吧 ,” 小王子 建議 道 ,“ 我 很 苦惱 ......” “ 我 不能 和 你 一起 玩 ,” 狐狸 說 ,“ 我還 沒有 被 馴服 呢 。
"Come and play with me," suggested the little prince, "I am very distressed..." "I cannot play with you," said the Fox, "I have not yet been tamed.
“ 啊 !
真對不起 。
小王子 說 。
思索 了 一會兒 , 他 又 說道 : “ 什麼 叫 ' 馴服 ' 呀 ?
After thinking for a while, he said again: "What do you mean by 'tame'?
“ 你 不是 此地 人 。
“ 狐狸 說 ,” 你 來 尋找 什麼 ?
“ 我來 找 人 。
“ 小王子 說 ,「 什麼 叫 』 馴服 ' 呢 ?
“ 人 ,” 狐狸 說 ,「 他們 有槍 , 他們 還 打獵 , 這真 礙事 !
"Men," said the fox, "they have guns, and they hunt, and that's in the way!
他們 唯一 的 可取之處 就是 他們 也 養 雞 , 你 是 來 尋找 雞 的 嗎 ?
“ 不 ,” 小王子 說 ,「 我 是 來 找 朋友 」 的 。
什麼 叫 ' 馴服 ' 呢 ?
“ 這是 已經 早就 被 人 遺忘 了 的 事情 ,” 狐狸 說 ,“ 它 的 意思 就是 ' 建立聯繫 '” “ 建立聯繫 ?
"It's a long-forgotten thing," Fox said. "It means 'make a connection.'" "Make a connection?
“ 一點 不錯 ,” 狐狸 說 。
"Exactly," said the fox.
“ 對 我 來說 , 你 還 只是 一個 小男孩 , 就 像 其他 千萬個 小男孩 一樣 。
"To me, you're just a little boy, like a million other little boys.
我 不 需要 你 。
I do not need you.
你 也 同樣 用不著 我 。
You also don't need me.
對 你 來說 , 我 也 不過 是 一隻 狐狸 , 和 其他 千萬隻 狐狸 一樣 。
To you, I'm just a fox like a million other foxes.
但是 , 如果 你 馴服 了 我 , 我們 就 互相 不可 缺少 了 。
But if you have tamed me, we shall be indispensable to each other.
對 我 來說 , 你 就是 世界 上 唯一 的 了 ; 我 對 你 來說 , 也 是 世界 上 唯一 的 了 。
To me, you are the only one in the world; to you, I am the only one in the world.
“ 我 有點 明白 了 。
“ 小王子 說 ,” 有 一朵花 ......, 我 想 , 她 把 我 馴服 了 ......” ' 這是 可能 的 。
' said the little prince, 'There is a flower..., I think, she has tamed me...'' It is possible.
“ 狐狸 說 ,” 世界 上 什麼樣 的 事 都 可能 看到 ......” “ 啊 , 這 不是 在 地球 上 的 事 。
"The fox said, "Anything in the world can be seen..." "Ah, it's not on the earth.
小王子 說 。
狐狸 感到 十分 蹊蹺 。
The fox felt very strange.
“ 在 另 一個 星球 上 ?
“ 是 的 。
“ 在 那個 星球 上 , 有 獵人 嗎 ?
' 沒有 ' “ 這 很 有意思 。
'No' "It's interesting.
那麼 , 有 雞 嗎 ?
' 沒有 ' ' 沒有 十全十美 的 。
'No' 'Nothing is perfect.
“ 狐狸 歎 息 地 說道 。
said the fox with a sigh.
可是 , 狐狸 又 把 話題 拉回來 : “ 我 的 生活 很 單調 。
However, the fox brought the subject back: "My life is very monotonous.
我 捕捉 雞 , 而 人 又 捕捉 我 。
I catch the chicken and the man catches me.
所有 的 雞 全都 一樣 , 所有 的 人 也 全都 一樣 。
因此 , 我 感到 有些 厭煩 了 。
So I'm getting a little bored.
但是 , 如果 您 要是 馴服 了 我 , 我 的 生活 就 一定 會 是 歡快 的 。
But if you tame me, my life shall be cheerful.
我會 辨認出 一種 與眾 不同 的 腳步聲 。
I would recognize a distinctive footstep.
其他 的 腳步聲 會 使 我 躲 到 地 下去 , 而 你 的 腳步聲 就會象 音樂 一樣 讓 我 從 洞裡 走 出來 。
Other footsteps will make me hide in the ground, but your footsteps will make me come out of the hole like music.
再說 , 你 看 !
你 看到 那邊 的 麥田 沒有 ?
Do you see the wheat fields over there?
我 不吃 麵 包 , 麥子 對 我 來說 , 一點 用 也 沒有 。
我 對 麥田 無動於衷 。
I am indifferent to wheat fields.
而 這 , 真使 人 掃興 。
And this, what a disappointment.
但是 , 你 有 著 金黃色 的 頭髮 。
那麼 , 一旦 你 馴服 了 我 , 這 就 會 十分 美妙 。
Well, once you tame me, it will be wonderful.
麥子 , 是 金黃色 的 , 它 就 會 使 我 想起 你 。
Wheat, golden yellow, reminds me of you.
而且 , 我 甚至 會 喜歡 那 風吹 麥浪 的 聲音 ......” 狐狸 沉默不語 , 久久 地 看著 小王子 。
Moreover, I would even like the sound of the wind blowing the wheat waves..." The fox was silent and looked at the little prince for a long time.
請 你 馴服 我 吧 !
“ 他 說 。
「 我 是 很 願意 」 的 。
“ 小王子 回答 道 ,” 可 我 的 時間 不 多 了 。
我 還要 去 尋找 朋友 , 還有 許多 事 物要 瞭解 。
“ 只有 被 馴服 了 的 事物 , 才 會 被 瞭解 。
"Only that which has been tamed can be understood.
“ 狐狸 說 ,” 人 不會 再有 時間 去 瞭解 任何 東西 的 。
said the fox, "one will no longer have time to learn anything.
他 們 總是 到 商人 那裡 去 購買 現成 的 東西 。
They always go to the merchants to buy ready-made things.
因為 世界 上 還 沒有 購買 朋友 的 商店 , 所以 人 也 就 沒有 朋友 。
Because there is no store in the world to buy friends, people have no friends.
如果 你 想要 一個 朋友 , 那 就 馴服 我 吧 !
“ ” 那麼 應當 做些 什麼 呢 ?
" " So what should be done?
小王子 說 。
“ 應當 非常 耐心 。
"Be very patient.
“ 狐狸 回答 道 ,” 開始 你 就 這樣 坐在 草叢 中 , 坐 得 離 我 稍微 遠些 。
"The fox replied," at first you sat in the grass like this, a little farther away from me.
我用 眼 角 瞅 著 你 , 你 什麼 也 不要 說 。
I'm looking at you out of the corner of my eye, and you don't say anything.
話語 是 誤會 的 根源 。
Words are a source of misunderstanding.
但是 , 每天 , 你 坐 得 靠 我 更 近 些 ......” 第二天 , 小王子 又 來 了 。
But, every day, you sit closer to me..." The next day, the little prince came again.
“ 最好 還是 在 原來 的 那個 時間 來 。
"It's better to come at the original time.
“ 狐狸 說道 ,” 比如說 , 你 下午 四點 鐘來 , 那麼 從 三點鐘 起 , 我 就 開始 感到 幸福 。
" said the fox, "For example, if you come at four o'clock in the afternoon, then from three o'clock onwards, I will begin to feel happy.
時間 越 臨近 , 我 就 越 感到 幸福 。
The closer the time draws, the happier I feel.
到 了 四點 鐘 的 時候 , 我 就 會 坐立 不 安 ; 我 就 會 發現 幸福 的 代價 。
Come four o'clock, I'll fidget; I'll discover the price of happiness.
但是 , 如果 你 隨便 什麼 時候 來 , 我 就 不 知道 在 什麼 時候 該 準備 好 我 的 心情 ...... 應當 有 一定 的 儀式 。
But if you come anytime, I don't know when to get my mood ready... There should be a certain ritual.
“ 儀式 是 什麼 ?
“ 小王子 問道 。
“ 這 是 一種 早已 被 人 忘卻 了 的 事 。
"It's something that has long been forgotten.
“ 狐狸 說 ,” 它 就是 使 某 一天 與 其他 日子 不同 , 使 某 一 時刻 與 其他 時刻 不同 。
' said the fox, 'it is what makes one day different from other days, and one hour from other hours.
比如說 , 我 的 那些 獵人 就 有 一種 儀式 。
For example, my hunters have a ritual.
他們 每 星期四 都 和 村子 里 的 姑 娘們 跳舞 。
They dance with the village girls every Thursday.
於是 , 星期四 就是 一個 美好 的 日子 !
So, Thursday is a wonderful day!
我 可以 一直 散步 到 葡萄園 去 。
I could walk all the way to the vineyards.
如果 獵 人們 什 么 時候 都 跳舞 , 天天 又 全都 一樣 , 那麼 我 也 就 沒有 假日 了 。
If the hunters danced all the time, and every day was the same, I would have no holidays.
“ 就 這樣 , 小王子 馴服 了 狐狸 。
當 出發 的 時刻 就 快要 來到 時 : “ 啊 !
When the hour of departure is at hand: "Ah!
“ 狐狸 說 ,” 我 一定 會 哭 的 。
“ 這 是 你 的 過錯 ,” 小王子 說 ,“ 我 本來 並 不想 給 你 任何 痛苦 , 可 你 卻 要 我 馴服 你 ......” ' 是 這樣 的 。
“ 狐狸 說 。
“ 你 可 就要 哭 了 !
"You're about to cry!
小王子 說 。
“ 當然 羅 。
"Of course.
“ 狐狸 說 。
“ 那麼 你 什麼 好處 也 沒 得到 。
"Then you gain nothing.
“ @ 由於 麥子 顏色 的 緣故 , 我 還是 得到 了 好處 。
“@ I still get the benefit because of the color of the wheat.
“ 狐狸 說 。
然後 , 他 又 接著 說 。
Then, he went on.
“ 再 去 看看 那些 玫瑰花 吧 。
你 一定 會 明白 , 你 的 那朵 是 世界 上 獨一無二 的 玫瑰 。
You will surely understand that yours is the only rose in the world.
你 回來 和 我 告別 時 , 我 再 贈送給 你 一個 秘密 。
When you come back to say goodbye to me, I will present you with another secret.
“ 於是 小王子 又 去 看 那些 玫瑰 。
"So the little prince went to see the roses again.
“ 你們 一點 也 不 象 我 的 那 朵玫瑰 , 你們 還 什麼 都 不是 呢 !
"You are nothing like my rose, and you are nothing!
“ 小王子 對 她們 說 。
“ 沒有 人 馴服 過 你們 , 你們 也 沒有 馴服 過 任何人 。
"No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one.
你們 就 象 我 的 狐狸 過去 那樣 , 它 那時 只是 和 千萬隻 別的 狐狸 一樣 的 一隻 狐狸 。
You are as my fox was when it was just a fox like a thousand other foxes.
但是 , 我 現在 已經 把 它 當成 了 我 的 朋友 , 於是 它 現在 就是 世界 上 獨一 無二 的 了 。
“ 這時 , 那些 玫瑰花 顯得 十分 難堪 。
"At this moment, the roses looked very embarrassed.
“ 你們 很 美 , 但 你們 是 空虛 的 。
"You are beautiful, but you are empty.
“ 小王子 仍然 在 對 她們 說 ,「 沒有 人能 為 你們 去 死 。
"The little prince was still saying to them, "No one can die for you.
當然 羅 , 我 的 那朵 玫瑰花 , 一個 普通 的 過路人 以為 她 和 你們 一樣 。
Of course, my rose, an ordinary passer-by thinks she is just like you.
可是 , 她 單獨 一朵 就 比 你們 全體 更 重要 , 因為 她 是 我 澆灌 的 。
But she alone is more important than all of you, because I watered her.
因為 她 是 我 放在 花罩 中 的 。
Because she is the one I put in the flower cover.
因為 她 是 我 用 屏風 保護 起來 的 。
Because she was protected by me with a screen.
因為 她 身上 的 毛蟲 ( 除了 留下 兩三隻 為 了 變 蝴蝶 而外 ) 是 我 除滅 的 。
Because I got rid of the caterpillars on her body (except for two or three left to turn into butterflies).
因為 我 傾聽 過 她 的 怨艾 和 自 詡 , 甚至 有時 我 聆聽 著 她 的 沉默 。
For I have listened to her complaints and her boasting, and sometimes I have even listened to her silence.
因為 她 是 我 的 玫瑰 。
“ 他 又 回到 了 狐狸 身邊 。
"He returned to the fox.
“ 再見 了 。
“ 小王子 說道 。
“ 再見 。
“ 狐狸 說 。
“ 喏 , 這 就是 我 的 秘密 。
很 簡單 : 只有 用心 才能 看得清 。
It's simple: only the heart can see clearly.
實質性 的 東西 , 用 眼睛 是 看不見 的 。
Substantial things, invisible to the eye.
“ 實質性 的 東西 , 用 眼睛 是 看不見 的 。
小王子 重複 著 這句 話 , 以便 能 把 它 記 在 心 間 。
The little prince repeated the words so that he could keep them in his mind.
“ 正 因為 您 為 你 的 玫瑰 花費 了 時間 , 這才 使 你 的 玫瑰 變得 如此 重要 。
"Your rose is what makes your rose so important because you spend time on it.
“ 正 因為 你 為 你 的 玫瑰 花費 了 時間 ......” 小王子 又 重複 著 , 要 使 自己 記住 這些 。
“ 人們 已經 忘記 了 這個 道理 ,” 狐狸 說 ,“ 可是 , 你 不 應該 忘記 它 。
您 現在 要 對 你 馴服 過 的 一切 負責 到底 。
You are now responsible to the end for everything you have tamed.
你 要 對 你 的 玫瑰 負責 ......” “ 我要 對 我 的 玫瑰 負責 ......” 小王子 又 重複 著 ......
You are responsible for your rose..." "I am responsible for mine..." the little prince repeated...