The Little Prince 3 & 4
The Little Prince 3 & 4
Il Piccolo Principe 3 e 4
Маленький принц 3 и 4
The Little Prince 3 & 4
小王子 3 & 4
The Little Prince 3 & 4
我 費 了 好長時間 才 弄清楚 他 是從 哪裡 來 的 。
|||||figure out|||||
It took me a while to figure out where he came from.
小王子 向 我 提出 了 很多 問題 , 可是 , 對 我 提出 的 問題 , 他 好象 壓根 沒有 聽見 似的 。
|||||||||||||||at all||heard|as if
The little prince asked me a lot of questions, but he didn't seem to hear my questions at all.
他 無意 中 吐露 的 一些 話 逐漸 使 我 搞清 了 他 的 來歷 。
|unintentionally||revealed||||gradually|made||figure out||||background
Some of his unintentional remarks gradually made me understand his origin.
例 如 , 當 他 第一次 瞅見 我 的 飛機 時 ( 我 就 不畫 出 我 的 飛機 了 , 因為 這種 圖畫 對 我 來說 太 複雜 ), 他 向 我 問道 : “ 這 是 個 啥 玩藝兒 ?
example|||||saw|||airplane|||||||||||||||||complicated||||||||what thing|thingamajig
For example, when he saw my plane for the first time (I won't draw my plane because it's too complicated for me), he asked me, "What the hell is this?
“ 這 不是 ' 玩藝兒 '。
||gimmick
"This is not a 'play'.
它 能 飛取 。
||Fly and grab
It can fly.
這是 飛機 。
This is an airplane.
是 我 的 飛機 。
It's my plane.
“ 我 當時 很 驕傲地 告訴 他 我 能 飛 。
|||proudly|tell||||
“I was so proud to tell him I could fly.
於是 他 驚奇 地 說道 : “ 怎麼 ?
||surprised||said|
So he said in surprise: "What?
您 是從 天上掉 下來 的 ?
||fall from heaven||
“ 是 的 ” 我 謙遜地 答道 。
|||humbly|answered
"Yes" I replied humbly.
“ 啊 ?
這真 滑稽 。
|So funny
It's so funny.
“ 此時 小王子 發出 一陣 清脆 的 笑聲 。
at this moment|| emitted|a burst|crisp||laughter
這使 我 很 不 高興 。
this made||||
This makes me very unhappy.
我 要求 別人 嚴肅 地 對待 我 的 不幸 。
|||seriously||treat|||unhappiness
I ask others to take my misfortune seriously.
然後 , 他 又 說道 : “ 那麼 , 你 也 是從 天上 來 的 了 !
您 是 哪個 星球 上 的 ?
What planet are you on?
“ 即刻 , 對於 他 是從 哪裡 來 的 這個 秘密 我 隱約 發現 到 了 一點 線索 ; 於是 , 我 就 突然 問道 : ” 你 是從 另 一個 星球 上來 的 嗎 ?
immediately||||||||secret||vaguely|discovered||||clue|so then|||suddenly|||||||||
"I had a vague clue as to where he had come from; and suddenly I asked: "Are you from another planet?"
「 可是 他 不 回答 我 」 的 問題 。
他 一面 看著 我 的 飛機 , 一面 微微 地 點點頭 , 接著 說道 : “ 可不是 么 , 乘坐 這 玩藝兒 , 你 不 可能 是從 很 遠 的 地方 來 的 ......” 說 到 這裡 , 他 就 長時間 地 陷入 沉思 之中 。
|"while"||||airplane||slightly||nodded slightly|"Then"||"Exactly"|question particle|ride||||||from||far away||||||||||a long time||fell into|deep thought|in thought
While looking at my plane, he nodded slightly, and then said: "Isn't that right? You can't come from a very far away place on this thing..." At this point, he I fell into deep thought for a long time.
然後 , 從 口袋 裡 掏出 了 我 畫 的 小羊 , 看著 他 的 寶貝 入 了 神 。
||||"took out"|||||||||treasured possession|"entranced by"||trance
Then, I took out the lamb I drew from my pocket and looked at his baby in trance.
你們 可以 想見 這種 關於 「 別的 星球 」 的 若明若暗 的 話語 使 我 心裡 多麼 好奇 。
||imagine||||||dimly understood||words|||||curious
You can imagine how curious this vague discourse about "other planets" made me.
因此 我 竭力 地想 知道 其中 更 多 的 奧秘 。
||do my best|thought||其中: therein||||mysteries
So I tried to know more of its mysteries.
“ 你 是從 哪裡 來 的 , 我 的 小傢伙 ?
|||||||little one
"Where did you come from, my little one?
您 的 家 在 什麼 地方 ?
您 要 把 我 的 小羊 帶到 哪裡 去 ?
||||||take to||
“ 他 沉思 了 一會 , 然後 回答 我 說 : ” 好 在 有 你 給 我 的 那 隻 箱子 , 夜晚 可以 給 小羊 當 房子 用 。
|pondered|||||||||||||||that box||nighttime||give to||as|house|
"He pondered for a while, and then answered me: "Fortunately, there is the box you gave me, which can be used as a house for the lamb at night.
“ 那 當然 。
如果 你 聽話 的話 , 我 再 給 你 畫 一根 繩子 , 白天 可以 栓住 它 。
||obedient|||||||a piece|rope|||tie up|
If you're good, I'll draw you another rope, and you can tie it during the day.
再 加上 一根 扡 杆 。
|add|one more|push pole|pole
Plus a pole.
“ 我 的 建議 看來 有點 使 小王子 反感 。
|"my"|suggestion|||||resentful
"My proposal seems to have somewhat offended the little prince.
“ 栓住 它 , 多麼 奇怪 的 主意 。
|||strange||
“ 如果 您 不 栓住 它 , 它 就 到處跑 , 那麼 它 會 跑 丟 的 。
||||||||||||lost|
"If you don't tie it down and it's running around, it's going to get lost.
“ 我 的 這位 朋友 又 笑 出 了 聲 : ” 你 想要 它 跑 到 哪裡 去 呀 ?
" My friend laughed again: "Where do you want it to go?
「 不管 什麼 地方 。
No matter||
它 一直 往前 跑 ......” 這時 , 小王子 鄭重其事 地說 : “ 這 沒有 什麼 關係 , 我 那裡 很小 很小 。
|"all along"|"forward"||"At this moment"||solemnly|||||||||
“ 接著 , 他 略帶 傷感 地 又 補充 了 一句 : ” 一直 朝前 走 , 也 不會 走出 多遠 ......” 第 4 章 我還 瞭解 到 另 一件 重要 的 事 , 就是 他 老家 所在 的 那個 星球 比 一座 房子 大不了 多少 。
"Then"||slightly with|melancholy||again|added||a sentence|always|straight ahead||"also"||get out of|very far||Chapter||understood|learned about||"one thing"||||is that||||||||||not much bigger|much
"Then, with a little sadness, he added: "If you keep moving forward, you won't get very far..." Chapter 4 I also learned another important thing, which is where his hometown is. The planet is not much bigger than a house.
1 這倒 並 沒有 使 我 感到 太 奇怪 。
this actually|||||||
1 This does not strike me as too strange.
我 知道 除 地球 、 木星 、 火星 、 金星 這 幾個 有 名稱 的 大行星 以外 , 還有 成 百個 別的 星球 , 它們 有 的 小 得 很 , 就是 用 望遠鏡 也 很 難 看見 。
||"besides"|Earth|Jupiter|Mars|Venus||a few||names||major planets||||||celestial bodies|||||||are||telescope||||
I know that in addition to Earth, Jupiter, Mars, and Venus, there are hundreds of other planets, some of which are so small that it is difficult to see them even with a telescope.
當 一個 天文學 者 發現 了 其中 一個 星星 , 他 就 給 它 編 上 一個 號碼 , 例如 把 它 稱作 “325 小行星 ”。
||astronomer|||||||||||assign|||||||calls it|asteroid
When an astronomer discovers one of these stars, he gives it a number, such as calling it "325 Asteroid".
我 有 重要 的 根據 認為 小王子 所 來自 的 那個 星球 是 小行星 B612。
||important||evidence to believe|believe|||||||||
I have significant grounds that the planet the little prince came from is the asteroid B612.
這顆 小行星 僅僅 在 1909 年 被 一個 土耳其 天文學家 用 望遠鏡 看見 過 一次 。
||"only"|||||Turkish|astronomer|||seen||
The asteroid was only seen by a Turkish astronomer with a telescope in 1909.
當時 他 曾經 在 一次 國際 天文學家 代表大會 上 對 他 的 發現 作 了 重要 的 論證 。
||once||||astronomer|conference||||||||significant||argumentation
At that time he once made an important demonstration of his discovery at an international conference of astronomers.
但 由於 他 所 穿 衣服 的 緣故 , 那時 沒有 人 相信 他 。
|||||||reason|||||
But because of the clothes he was wearing, no one believed him at the time.
那些 大 人們 就是 這樣 。
幸好 , 土耳其 的 一個 獨裁者 , 為 了 小行星 B612 的 聲譽 , 迫使 他 的 人民 都 要 穿 歐式 服裝 , 否則 就 處以 死刑 。
Fortunately||||dictator|||asteroid|||reputation|forced|||people|||wear|European-style|clothing|"Otherwise"||subject to|death penalty
Fortunately, a dictator in Turkey, for the sake of the reputation of asteroid B612, forced his people to wear European clothes on pain of death.
1920 年 , 這位 天文學家 穿 了 一身 非常 漂亮 的 服裝 , 重新 作 了 一次 論 証 。
||Astronomer|||a suit||beautiful||clothing|"once again"|||a|argumentation|presentation
In 1920, the astronomer put on a very nice costume and re-argued.
這 一次 所有 的 人 都 同意 他 的 看法 。
我 給 你們 講 關於 小行星 B612 的 這些 細節 , 並且 告訴 你們 它 的 編號 , 這是 由於 這些 大人 的 緣故 。
|||||||||details|"and also"|tell||||serial number||"because of"||||reason
I am telling you these details about asteroid B612 and telling you its number because of these adults.
這些 大 人們 就 愛 數目字 。
|||||numbers
These grown-ups love numbers.
當 你 對 大 人們 講 起 你 的 一個 新 朋友 時 , 他們 從來不 向 你 提出 實質性 的 問題 。
||||||||||||||ever do|||raise|substantive||
When you tell adults about a new friend of yours, they never ask you a substantive question.
他們 從來不 講 :“ 他 說話 聲音 如何 啊 ?
They never say, "How does he speak?
他 喜愛 什麼樣 的 遊戲 啊 ?
|like||||
他 是否 收集 蝴蝶 標本 呀 ?
|"whether"|collecting|butterfly specimens|butterfly specimens|
Does he collect butterfly specimens?
“ 他們 卻 問 你 :” 他 多 大 年紀 呀 ?
"They ask you: "How old is he?
弟兄 幾個 呀 ?
brothers||
How many brothers are there?
體重 多少 呀 ?
weight||
他 父親 掙 多少錢 呀 ?
|father|earn||
How much does his father earn?
“ 他們 以為 這樣 才 算 瞭解 朋友 。
||||count as|understand|friend
"They think that's how they know their friends.
如果 你 對 大 人們 說 :“ 我 看到 一幢 用 玫瑰色 的 磚 蓋成 的 漂亮 的 房 子 , 它 的 窗戶上 有 天竺葵 , 屋頂 上 還有 鴿子 ......” 他們 怎麼 也 想像 不 出 這種 房子 有 多麼 好 。
||||||||a building||rose-colored||brick|built with||beautiful||house||||on the window||Geraniums|roof|||pigeons||how||imagine|||this kind of|house|||
If you say to grown-ups, "I saw a beautiful house of rose-colored bricks with geraniums in the windows and pigeons on the roof..." they would never have imagined What a nice house this is.
必須 對 他們 說 :“ 我 看見 了 一幢 價值 十萬 法郎 的 房子 。
must|||||||a building|worth||francs||
It is necessary to say to them: "I see a house worth a hundred thousand francs.
“ 那麼 他們 就 驚叫 道 :” 多麼 漂亮 的 房子 啊 !
|||exclaimed||||||
" Then they exclaimed: "What a beautiful house!
“ 要是 你 對 他們 說 :” 小王子 存在 的 證據 就是 他 非常 漂亮 , 他 笑 著 , 想要 一隻 羊 。
||||||||evidence|"is"||very|beautiful||||||
"If you say to them: "The evidence of the existence of the little prince is that he is very beautiful, he laughs, and wants a sheep.
他 想要 一隻 小羊 , 這 就 證明 他 的 存在 。
||||||proves|||existence
“ 他們 一定 會 聳聳 肩膀 , 把 你 當作 孩子 看待 !
|||shrug their shoulders|shoulder|||regard as||treat as
"They will definitely shrug their shoulders and treat you like a child!
但是 , 如果 你 對 他們 說 :“ 小王子 來自 的 星球 就是 小行星 B612”, 那麼 他們 就 十分 信服 , 他們 就 不會 提出 一大堆 問題 來 和 你 糾纏 。
|||||||from||||||||||believe in|||||a lot|||||bother you
However, if you tell them: "The planet the little prince comes from is asteroid B612," then they will be very convinced and they will not ask a lot of questions to entangle you.
他們 就是 這樣 的 。
小孩子 們 對 大 人們 應該 寬厚 些 , 不要 埋怨 他們 。
||||||forgiving|||complain about|
Children should be kind to adults and not blame them.
當然 , 對 我們 懂得 生活 的 人 來說 , 我們 才 不在乎 那些 編號 呢 !
|||understand|||||us||don't care|those numbers|serial numbers|you know
Of course, for those of us who know how to live, we don't care about those numbers!
我 真 願意 象 講 神話 那樣 來 開始 這個 故事 , 我 真想 這樣 說 : “ 從前 呀 , 有 一個 小王子 , 他 住 在 一個 和 他 身體 差不多 大 的 星球 上 , 他 希望 有 一個 朋友 ......” 對 懂得 生活 的 人 來說 , 這樣 說 就 顯得 真實 。
||willing to||speak|fairy tale|like that||||||really want to||||||||||||||||||||||||||understanding||||||||seem显得|realistic
I really want to start this story like a fairy tale, I really want to say this: "Once upon a time, there was a little prince who lived on a planet about his size, and he wanted to have a friend... ." To those who know how to live, this seems true.
我 可不 喜歡 人們 輕率地 讀 我 的 書 。
|"do not"|like||carelessly||||
I don't like people reading my books lightly.
我 在 講述 這些 往事 時 心情 是 很 難過 的 。
||recounting||past events||feelings||||
I am saddened to tell these stories.
我 的 朋友 帶 著 他 的 小羊 已經 離去 六年 了 。
My friend has been gone for six years with his lambs.
我 之所以 在 這裡 盡力 把 他 描寫出來 , 就是 為 了 不要 忘記 他 。
"I"|the reason|||do my best|||describe him|is precisely||||forget about|
The reason why I try to describe him here is so that I don't forget him.
忘記 一個 朋友 , 這 太 叫 人 悲傷 了 。
|||||makes||sorrowful|
It is so sad to forget a friend.
並 不是 所有 的 人 都 有 過 一個 朋友 。
Not everyone has ever had a friend.
再說 , 我 也 可能 變成 那些 大 人 那樣 , 只 對 數字 感興趣 。
|||might|turn into|those adults|||like that|only||numbers|interested in
Besides, I could become like the grown-ups who are only interested in numbers.
也 正是 為 了 這個 緣故 , 我 買 了 一盒 顏料 和 一些 鉛筆 。
|precisely because of||||reason||||a box of|paint|||pencils
It was for this reason, too, that I bought a box of paints and some pencils.
象 我 這樣 年紀 的 人 , 而且 除了 六歲時 畫過 閉 著 肚皮 的 和 開著 肚皮 的 巨蟒 外 , 別的 什麼 也 沒有 嘗試 過 , 現在 , 重新 再 來 畫畫 , 真 費勁 啊 !
like||||||Moreover||six years old|"have drawn"|closed||||||||Boa constrictor||anything else|||"not"|tried|||start over|||||"Strenuous"|
For a person of my age, and apart from drawing closed-belly and open-belly giant pythons when I was six years old, I have never tried anything else. Now, it’s really hard to start drawing again!
當然 , 我 一定 要 把 這些 畫 盡量 地畫 得 逼真 , 但 我 自己 也 沒有 把握 。
||||||paint|as much as possible|as realistically|to draw|realistic||||||confidence
Of course, I must make these paintings as realistic as possible, but I am not sure.
一張 畫得 還 可以 , 另 一張 就 不 象 了 。
One painting is okay, but the other one doesn't look like it.
還有 身材 大小 , 我畫 得 有點 不 準確 。
|body size|size|||a little||accurate
在 這個 地方 小王子 畫得 太 大了些 , 另 一個 地方 又 畫 得 太小 了 些 。
The little prince is too big in one place, and too small in another.
對 他 衣服 的 顏色 我 也 拿不準 。
|||||||not sure
I'm not sure about the color of his clothes either.
於是 我 就 摸索 著 這麼 試試 那麼 改改 , 畫個 大概 齊 。
"So"|||experiment||||like this|make adjustments|draw a|rough outline|roughly aligned
So I fumbled around trying this and then changing it, and drew a rough outline.
我 很 可能 在 某些 重要 的 細節 上畫 錯 了 。
||||some|||details|drew||
It is very possible that I have drawn some important details wrong.
這 就 得 請 大 家 原諒 我 了 。
I have to ask everyone to forgive me.
因為 我 的 這個 朋友 , 從來 也 不 加 說明 解釋 。
|||||||||explain|explain
Because this friend of mine never explained anything.
他 認為 我 同 他 一樣 。
|believes||||
He thinks I am just like him.
可是 , 很 遺憾 , 我 卻 不能 透過 盒子 看見 小羊 。
||regretful||||through|box|see|little lamb
But, unfortunately, I can't see the lamb through the box.
我 大概 有點 和 大 人們 差不多 。
|probably|||||
I'm probably a little bit like adults.
我 一定 是 變 老 了 。