38. Women in White
38. Women in White
穿 白 衣服 的 女子 。
Woman in white.
前年 冬天 , 有些 日子 晚上 加班 , 回來 得 晚 。
The winter before last year, I worked overtime at night on some days and came home late.
走 到 小區 附近 , 發現 有 一兩個 女子 , 站 在 小區 門口 或 路邊 、 樹 下 。
When I walked near the community, I found one or two women standing at the entrance of the community, on the roadside, or under a tree.
我 想 可能 是 談 戀愛 的 女朋友 在 等 男朋友 。
I thought it might be a girlfriend in a relationship waiting for a boyfriend.
天 很 黑 , 這 一帶 又 沒有 路燈 , 在 外面 呆 著 多少 有點兒 不 安全 。
It was very dark, and there were no street lights in this area, so it was somewhat unsafe to stay outside.
這麼 晚 站 在 這裡 苦 等 , 都 是 愛情 給 的 膽量 。
Standing here waiting so late is all the courage given by love.
有點 奇怪 的 是 , 她們 都 穿 著 白 衣服 。
What's a little strange is that they are all wearing white clothes.
在 黑夜 裡 很 顯眼 , 突然 看到 , 象 鬼 一樣 , 叫 人 害怕 。
It is very conspicuous in the dark night, and it looks like a ghost when you see it suddenly, which is scary.
我 路過 的 時候 , 還 總是 朝 我 看 。
When I pass by, he always looks at me.
我 心想 , 別 誤會 , 我 不是 你 要 等 的 人 。
I thought to myself, don't get me wrong, I'm not the one you want to wait for.
有 一 晚 , 看到 一輛 汽車 開 到 一個 女子 身邊 , 她 很快 走近 , 上車 離開 。
One night, I saw a car driving next to a woman. She quickly approached, got in the car and left.
看來 , 她 談 的 男朋友 是 有錢 人 。
It seems that the boyfriend she is dating is a rich man.
正 走 著 , 又 聽到 後面 兩 聲 口哨 響 。
As I was walking, I heard two more whistles from behind.
回頭 看 , 發現 兩個 男人 對 著 路邊 兩個 女子 打 口哨 。
Looking back, I saw two men whistling to two women on the side of the road.
這 兩個 女子 沒有 生氣 , 也 沒有 走開 , 還 站 在 那裡 。
The two women were not angry, nor did they move away. They were still standing there.
突然 , 我 什麼 都 明白 了 - - 她們 等 的 就 不是 男朋友 !
Suddenly, I understood everything - they were not waiting for a boyfriend!
從此 , 在 白天 看到 穿 白 衣服 的 女子 , 我 心裡 也 覺得 怪怪的 , 雖然 知道 這麼 想 有點兒 可笑 。
From then on, when I saw a woman wearing white clothes during the day, I felt weird, even though I knew it was a bit ridiculous to think so.