04. 富蘭克林 的 蒼蠅 餡餅
Franklin|Franklin's|Franklin's fly|
04. Franklins Fly Pie
04. Franklin's Flying Pie - Franklin's Flying Pie
04. 富蘭克林的蒼蠅餡餅 - Franklin's Flying Pie
《 富蘭克林 的 蒼蠅 餡餅 》 。
富蘭克林 可以 自己 從 高高的 河岸 上 滑下來 , 他會數 123, 也 會數 321; 他會 拉拉 鎖 , 還會 去 釦子 , 還會 系 鞋帶 。
Franklin||||high|riverbank||Slide down|he will count||count||pull|lock||||||
Franklin can slide down from a high river bank by himself. He can count 123 and also count 321; he can tie shoelaces and button up.
可是 , 富蘭克林 不能 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 吞下 76 只 蒼蠅 。
||||blink||moment|swallowing down|only|
However, Franklin cannot swallow 76 flies in the blink of an eye.
這下 麻煩 了 , 因為 富蘭克林 對 他 所有 的 小伙伴 們 撒謊 說 他 能 做到 。
This time|||||||||||lying||||achieve it
This is troublesome because Franklin has lied to all his friends that he can do it.
富蘭克林 為 什麼 要 撒謊 呢 ?
Why did Franklin lie?
這件 事兒 要 從小 熊 說起 。
this|||from childhood|bear|start with
This matter starts with Little Bear.
小熊 大聲 說 ,“ 我能 爬 上 叢林 裡 最高 的 樹 。
Little Bear said loudly, 'I can climb the tallest tree in the jungle.'
” 小熊 說完 蹭 蹭 幾下 , 就 竄 到 了 松樹 尖上 。
|||rub||||||pine tree|top of the tree
"After the little bear said this, he nuzzled for a few times and ran to the top of the pine tree.
老鷹 驕傲 的 說 ,“ 我 不用 扇動翅膀 , 就 能 飛過 那片 漿 果園 。
||||||flapping wings|||||jam|fruit orchard
The proud eagle said, "I can fly over that apple orchard without flapping my wings."
” 老鷹 說 著 飛 出 叢林 , 嗖 的 一下 越過 漿 果園 。
" The eagle said as he flew out of the jungle, swooping over the apple orchard."
海狸 得意 的 說 ,“ 我能 咬斷 一棵 大樹 。
|||||bite through||
The boastful beaver said, "I can gnaw down a large tree."
” 海狸 左邊 咬咬 , 右邊 啃 啃 , 木屑 飛來飛去 , 不一會 一棵 大樹 ‘ 轟 ' 的 一聲 倒 了 。
||bite|||||||||boom||||
"The beaver bit on the left, gnawed on the right, sawdust flew around, and after a while a big tree fell down with a 'boom'.
海狸 還 不 滿意 呢 , 接著 說 ,“ 我 還 能 用 這棵樹 做 一個 水壩 呢 !
||||||||||||||water dam|
The beaver was not satisfied yet, so he continued, "I can also use this tree to make a dam!"
富蘭克林 不會 爬樹 , 也 不會 飛 , 更 不能 咬斷 一棵 大樹 。
||Climb trees||||||||
The little bear said loudly, "I can climb the tallest tree in the jungle.
他 一 著急 連 自己 什麼 最 拿手 都 忘 了 , 於是 他 撒 了 個 小謊 。
|||||||best at||||||tell|||little lie
After talking, the little bear rubbed a few times before rushing to the top of the pine tree.
富蘭克林 說 ,“ 我能 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 , 吞下 76 只 蒼蠅 。
The eagle said proudly, "I can fly over the berry garden without flapping my wings.
” 小伙伴 們 都 驚訝 的 看著 他 , 富蘭克林 叉 著 腰 說 ,“ 看 我 的 。
"The eagle flew out of the jungle as he said, and swished across the berry garden.
” 一隻 、 兩隻 、 三隻 , 富蘭克林 一口氣 吞下 六隻 蒼蠅 。
The beaver said triumphantly, "I can bite off a big tree.
富蘭克林 高興 的 喊道 ,“ 看吶 , 我 吃 完 了 。
Franklin exclaimed happily, 'Look, I'm done eating.'
老鷹 說 ,“ 你 只 吃 了 六隻 蒼蠅 。
The eagle said, 'You only ate six flies.'
富蘭克林 說 ,“ 那 是 因為 只有 六隻 蒼蠅 在 飛 呀 , 我 可以 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 把 它們 都 吃掉 , 也 可以 再 多 吃 70 只 呢 。
Franklin said, 'That's because only six flies were flying. I can eat them all in the blink of an eye or even eat 70 more.'
海狸 說 ,“ 那 讓 我們 看看 。
The beaver said, "Let's see about that."
富蘭克林 皺 了 皺眉頭 , 他 知道 他 不 可能 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 吞下 76 只 蒼蠅 , 那 根本 不 可能 嘛 。
|||furrowed his brow|||||||||||||||||
Franklin furrowed his brow, knowing he couldn't possibly swallow 76 flies in the blink of an eye, it was just impossible.
吃 晚餐 的 時候 , 富蘭克林 一點 胃口 也 沒有 。
||||||appetite||
Franklin had no appetite at dinner.
媽媽 擔心 的 問 ,“ 你 怎麼 啦 , 寶貝兒 ?
Mom worriedly asked, "What's wrong, darling?"
” 富蘭克林 低著頭 說 ,“ 我 沒法 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 , 吃 下 76 只 蒼蠅 。
"I couldn't in the blink of an eye, eat 76 flies," Franklin said with his head down.
爸爸 說 ,“ 我 也 不能 呀 。
Dad said, "I can't either."
媽媽 說 ,“ 我 也 是 。
Mother said, "Me too."
富蘭克林 傷心 的 說 ,“ 您 可以 , 可是 我 不行 , 我 必須 都 吃 下去 。
Franklin sadly said, "You can, but I can't, I have to eat them all."
” 富蘭克林 把 他 撒謊 的 事情 告訴 了 爸爸媽媽 。
" Franklin told his parents about his lie.
媽媽 點 了 點頭 , 爸爸 說 ,“ 孩子 , 你 的 願望 很 好 , 很 有 想像力 , 但是 太難 實現 了 。
|||||||||||||||||realize|
Mom nodded, and Dad said, "Son, your wish is very good and imaginative, but it is too difficult to realize."
第二天 早上 , 小伙伴 們 都 在 叢林 裡 等 著 富蘭克林 , 海狸 帶來 了 一個 大 驚喜 。
The next morning, the friends were waiting for Franklin in the jungle, and Beaver brought a big surprise.
海狸 一 見到 富蘭克林 , 就 舉著 一大 罐 的 蒼蠅 說 ,“ 快 把 它們 吃掉 。
As soon as the beaver saw Franklin, he held up a large jar of flies and said, "Eat them quickly."
” 富蘭克林 裹 著 大大的 圍巾 , 一邊 咳嗽 一邊 委屈 的 說 ,“ 我 生病 了 , 嗓子 好 疼 呀 !
||||||||aggrieved||||||throat|||
" Franklin was wrapped in a big scarf and said aggrievedly while coughing, "I'm sick, my throat hurts so much!
” 小伙伴 們 都 哈哈 的 大笑 呢 , 富蘭克林 感覺 糟透了 , 他 吃不下 睡不著 , 蒼蠅 和 小 謊言 總是 在 他 的 腦子 裡 飛來飛去 。
|||||||||||can't eat|||||little lies|||||||
"The friends all laughed. Franklin felt terrible. He couldn't eat or sleep. Flies and little lies were always flying around in his mind.
富蘭克林 告訴 爸爸 ,“ 我 一定 要 在 一眨眼 的 功夫 吞下 76 只 蒼蠅 , 我要 好好 練習 。
Franklin told his father, "I must swallow 76 flies in the blink of an eye, and I must practice hard."
” 爸爸 說 ,“ 寶貝兒 , 我 相信 你 能 行 , 不過 這 可能 需要 一些 時間 。
’ Dad said, ‘Honey, I’m sure you can do it, but it might take a while.
富蘭克林 告訴 媽媽 ,“ 我 可以 不在 跟 小伙伴 們 一起 玩兒 了 。
Franklin told his mother, "I can stop playing with my friends.
” 媽媽 說 ,“ 是 啊 , 可是 你 會 覺得 很 孤獨 的 。
Mom said, 'Yes, but you will feel very lonely.'
” 富蘭克林 說 ,“ 我 可以 告訴 他們 , 我 撒謊 了 。
Franklin said, 'I can tell them that I lied.'
富蘭克林 的 爸爸媽媽 說 ,“ 這 就 對 了 , 這樣 你 就 能 告訴 他們 , 你 最 拿手 的 是 什麼 ?
Franklin's parents said, 'That's right, this way you can tell them what you are best at.'
第二天 , 小伙伴 們 還 在 叢林 裡 等 著 富蘭克林 。
The next day, the little buddies were still waiting for Franklin in the jungle.
富蘭克林 不好意思 的 承認 ,“ 我 不能 在 一眨眼 的 工夫 吞下 76 只 蒼蠅 。
Franklin admitted apologetically, "I can't swallow 76 flies in the blink of an eye."
” 小熊 說 ,“ 我們 猜 到 了 。
"I knew it," said the little bear.
” 可是 , 富蘭克林 說 ,“ 我 真能 吃 下 76 只 蒼蠅 。
||||really can||||
"But," Franklin said, "I could really eat 76 flies."
” 夥伴 們 覺得 富蘭克林 又 在 吹牛 了 , 失望 的 嘆 了 口氣 。
partners||||||bragging||||||
"The friends felt that Franklin was bragging again and sighed in disappointment.
富蘭克林 說 ,“ 是 真的 !
Franklin said, "It's true!"
” 富蘭克林 跑 回家 , 他 找 來 了 大碗 , 把 麵 粉 、 牛奶 、 雞蛋 和 蜂蜜 倒 在 一起 攪拌 , 然後 把 好多好多 蒼蠅 夾 在 麵粉團 裡 , 放進 烤箱 。
|||||||large bowl|||flour|||||||||||||||dough|||oven
Franklin ran home and brought a big bowl, poured flour, milk, eggs, and honey together, then added a lot of flies to the dough, put it in the oven.
富蘭克林 終於 做好 了 蒼蠅 餡餅 !
Franklin finally made fly pie!
“ 看 我 的 。
“Look at me.”
” 富蘭克林 一口氣 吞下 了 蒼蠅 餡餅 , 富蘭克林 舔 了 舔 嘴唇 說 ,“ 看 , 我 都 吃 完 了 , 太 好吃 了 。
Franklin gulped down the fly pie in one breath, licked his lips and said, “Look, I finished eating it all, it's so delicious.”
” 海狸 說 ,“ 太棒了 , 你 還有 什麼 本領 呢 ?
The beaver said, “Fantastic, what other skills do you have?”
” 富蘭克林 得意 極了 , 他 想 說 他 還 能 一口氣 吞下 兩個 蒼蠅 餡餅 呢 。
"Franklin was so proud that he wanted to say that he could still swallow two fly pies in one sitting.
他 想 了 想 還是 什麼 也 沒 說 , 因為 即使 是 小 烏龜 , 蒼蠅 餡餅 也 有 吃膩 的 時候 呀 。
||||||||||||||||||got tired|||
He thought for a while but said nothing, because even a little turtle would get tired of eating fly pies.