高 啲 , 矮 啲
taller||shorter|
Taller, shorter
背が高い、低い
我 頂 帽 喺 架 上面 , 我 唔 夠 高 攞。
|put|hat||shelf|on top of|||tall enough|tall enough|reach for
I put the hat on the shelf, I'm not tall enough to reach it.
爸爸 幫 我 拎 我 頂帽 。
|||||my hat
Dad helped me get the hat.
爸爸 好 高 啊 。
Dad is very tall.
我 件 衫 掛 咗 喺 櫃 入 面 , 我 唔 夠 高 攞。
|piece of clothing||hung up|||closet|||||tall enough||reach for
I hung my shirt inside the closet, but I'm not tall enough to reach it.
媽媽 幫 我 拎 我 件 衫 。
Mom, help me carry my shirt.
媽媽 都 幾高 , 不過 爸爸 高 啲 。
||quite tall||||
Mom is quite tall, but Dad is taller.
我 本書 放 喺 張 枱 上面 , 我 家姐 幫 我 拎 我 本書 。
||||||||elder sister|||||
I put my book on the table, and my sister helped me carry my book.
家姐 都 高 , 不過 媽媽 高 過 佢 。
|||||tall|taller than|
Elder sister is tall, but mom is taller than her.
哥哥 拎 住 我 個 袋 。
|||||bag
Elder brother is holding my bag.
家姐 企 喺 哥哥 隔籬 。
Elder sister|||brother|next to
Elder sister is standing at the fence next to elder brother.
我 見到 家姐 高過 哥哥 。
|||taller than|
I see my older sister is taller than my older brother.
不過 哥哥 高過 我 。
||taller than|
But my older brother is taller than me.
爸爸 高過 媽媽 , 媽媽 高過 家姐 , 家姐 高過 哥哥 , 哥哥 高過 我 。
Dad is taller than mom, mom is taller than my older sister, my older sister is taller than my older brother, and my older brother is taller than me.
我 係 屋企 入面 最矮 嗰 個 。
||||shortest||
I am the shortest in my family.
我 大咗 之後 , 要 變 高 先 得 !
|grew up||||taller||"can"
I will grow bigger later, want to be taller now!
咪 住 先 !
Hold on|hold on|"for now"
Wait and see!
我哋 屋企 養 咗 隻 狗 仔 , 佢 叫 阿 早 。
||raise|||||||"little"|Ah Jo
We have a dog at home, his name is Ah Chiu.
阿早 拎 咗 我 隻 鞋 仔 。
"Ah Jo"|||||shoe|little shoe
He carried my shoe.
我 叫 佢 即刻 畀 我 。
|||immediately||
He gave it to me right away.
阿早 先 係 屋企 入面 最矮 嗰 個 。
|||||Shortest||
He was the shortest one in the house before.
我 高過 阿早 。
|taller than|
I am taller than him.
阿早 唔夠 我 高 , 佢 矮 過 我 。
|"not as"||||shorter than me|"than"|"I"
Ah Chiu is not taller than me, and he is shorter than me.
我 唔 夠 哥哥 高 , 我 矮過 哥哥 。
||||||shorter than|
I am not as tall as my older brother, I am shorter than him.
哥哥 矮過 家姐 。
My older brother is shorter than my older sister.
我 都 矮過 家姐 。
||shorter than|
I am also shorter than my older sister.
家姐 矮過 媽媽 。
Elder sister is shorter than mom.
哥哥 同 我 都 矮過 媽媽 。
Both my brother and I are shorter than mom.
媽媽 矮過 爸爸 。
Mom is shorter than dad.
家姐 、 哥哥 同 我 都 矮過 爸爸 。
sister|||||shorter than|
爸爸 係 我哋 屋企 最高 嗰 個 , 阿早 係 最矮 嗰 個 。
||||tallest|||Ah Jow||shortest one||
Dad is the tallest person in our family, while Grandpa is the shortest.
我 唔 想 淨 係 高過 阿早 。
|||only|"only be"|taller than|Ah Jo
I don't want to just be taller than Grandpa.
我 想 大 咗 之後 變 高 啲 , 好似 爸爸 噉 樣 , 做 屋企 最高 嗰 個 !
||||||taller|a bit|"like"|||like that|||tallest||
I want to grow taller after becoming an adult, like Dad, to be the tallest person in the family!