2 .5 . 我 的 語言 探索 歷程 : 在家 的 語言 探索
2.5. My Language Exploration Journey: Language Exploration at Home
不 出 戶 , 知 天下 ; 不 窺 牖 , 見 天道 。
Without leaving the house, one can know the world; without peering through the window, one can see the way of heaven.
----- 老子
----- Laozi
======
======
當 你 有 機會 生活 於 正在 學習 的 語言 環境 裡 , 學 起來 總是 最 容易 。
When you have the opportunity to live in an environment where the language is being learned, it is always the easiest to learn.
但是 , 在 真實 的 世界 裡 , 新 語言 還是 很 難 讓 人 立刻 領會 出 意思 來 。
However, in the real world, new languages are still very difficult for people to immediately grasp the meaning.
人們 有時 說 得 太 快 , 或是 所 用 的 詞彙 很 難 讓 一般 非 母語 的 人 理解 。
People sometimes speak too quickly, or the vocabulary used is hard for an average non-native speaker to understand.
在 某些 情況 下 , 你 會 因為 自己 講 得 不夠 流利 而 遲疑 著 不敢 開口 。
In some situations, you may hesitate to speak because you feel you are not fluent enough.
這 都 很 可能 造成 壓迫 感 。
this|all|very|likely|cause|oppression|feeling
This can very likely create a sense of pressure.
在 這種 情形 下 , 我 發現 建立 一個 屬於 自己 的 語言 世界 十分 有用 。
In this situation, I find it very useful to establish a language world of my own.
一個 富有 意義 和 內容 的 語言 世界 ,
a|rich|meaningful|and|content|possessive particle|language|world
A language world that is rich in meaning and content,
能 讓 自己 在 沒有 什麼 壓力 之 下 去 專心 聆聽 和 閱讀 。
can|allow|oneself|in|without|any|pressure|possessive particle|under|to|concentrate|listening|and|reading
allows one to focus on listening and reading without much pressure.
一直 到 我 熟練 了 日語 , 甚至 當 我 在 日本 工作 的 時候 ,
Until I became proficient in Japanese, even when I was working in Japan,
我 都 想 辦法 去 尋找 一些 更 高 程度 的 日語 讀物 ,
I was looking for ways to find some higher-level Japanese reading materials,
不但 內容 要 有 意義 , 而且 附有 字 詞 表 可以 閱讀 。
which not only had meaningful content but also included glossaries for reading.
我 也 常 反覆 聆聽 一些 有趣 的 錄音帶 ,
I|also|often|repeatedly|listen to|some|interesting|possessive particle|tapes
I often listen repeatedly to some interesting recordings,
好 讓 自己 在 運用 某些 特定 的 詞彙 或 詞組 時 , 能 更 有 信心 。
so that I can be more confident when using certain specific vocabulary or phrases.
即使 我 對 某個 語言 已 講 得 相當 通順 , 仍然 隨時 維持 聽力 的 訓練 ,
Even if I speak a certain language quite fluently, I still maintain listening practice at all times,
不時 聆聽 一些 有趣 的 材料 , 通常 是 利用 開車 、 運動 、 或是 做 家務 雜事 的 時間 。
occasionally listening to some interesting materials, usually while driving, exercising, or doing household chores.
現在 , 愈來愈多 高 品質 的 有聲 書籍 可以 讓 你 隨時 享用 ,
Now, more and more high-quality audiobooks are available for you to enjoy anytime.
只要 你 有 一個 攜帶式 的 收聽 設備 。
as long as|you|have|a|portable|possessive particle|listening|device
As long as you have a portable listening device.
就 像 我 在 前面 已經 提到 的 , 學習 電子版 的 文章 對 學習者 有 許多 好處 。
As I mentioned earlier, learning from electronic articles has many benefits for learners.
許多 的 語言 學習 產品 都 是 建立 在 互動 式 的 電子 文字 的 基礎 上 。
many|possessive particle|language|learning|products|all|are|built|on|interactive|style|possessive particle|electronic|text|possessive particle|basis|on
Many language learning products are built on the foundation of interactive electronic texts.
我 喜歡 時常 在 網絡 上 用 外語 閱讀 。
I enjoy reading in a foreign language online frequently.
我 用 語言 家 系統 來 增加 我 的 詞彙量 ,
I|use|language|family|system|to|increase|my|possessive particle|vocabulary
I use the Language Master system to increase my vocabulary.
並且 還 儲存 了 許多 文章 成為 我 個人 不斷 增加 的 語言 圖書館 的 一 部分 ,
and|also|saved|past tense marker|many|articles|became|I|personal|continuously|increasing|possessive particle|language|library|possessive particle|one|part
And I have also saved many articles as part of my personal, ever-growing language library.
假如 你 並 不 在 講 母語 的 環境 中 學習 一種 新 語言 ,
If you are not learning a new language in an environment where your mother tongue is spoken,
建立 起 這樣 的 一個 屬於 自己 的 語言 世界 , 就 變得 十分 重要 。
it becomes very important to establish such a personal language world.
這 就 是 我 過去 二十多 年 來 在 溫哥華 一直 努力 的 事 ----
This is what I have been striving for in Vancouver for over twenty years—
把 我 先前 曾經 接觸 過 , 卻 不能 講 得 通順 的 語言 , 都 找出 時間 加以 改進 。
to find time to improve the languages I had previously encountered but could not speak fluently.
=== 不同 的 世界 ===
=== A Different World ===
當 我 居住 在 香港 的 時候 , 那 並 不是 講 普通話 的 環境 。
When I lived in Hong Kong, it was not an environment where Mandarin was spoken.
但是 我 注意 聆聽 並 閱讀 一些 數量 有限 的 讀物 :
but|I|pay attention|listening|and|reading|some|quantity|limited|possessive particle|reading materials
However, I paid attention to listening and reading a limited number of materials:
歷史 和 文化 方面 的 書籍 、 現代 文學 、 還有 相聲 一類 的 錄音帶 等 。
books on history and culture, modern literature, and recordings of crosstalk, etc.
這些 都 成 了 我 的 老朋友 ,
these|all|became|past tense marker|I|possessive particle|old friends
These all became my old friends,
提供 我 在 必要 時 能夠 派上 用場 的 各種 字彙 與 詞句 。
Provide me with various vocabulary and phrases that I can use when necessary.
事實上 , 與 想象 中 的 世界 溝通 , 要 比 與 真實 的 世界 溝通 來得 容易 。
In fact, communicating with the imagined world is easier than communicating with the real world.
因為 不但 材料 立即 可得 , 而且 聽令 我 的 控制 。
Because not only are the materials readily available, but they are also under my control.
這個 可以 讓 我 隨心所欲 探索 的 友善 世界 ,
this|can|let|me|freely|explore|possessive particle|friendly|world
This friendly world that allows me to explore at will,
是 我 在 與 母語 使用 者 溝通 之前 能 有 充分 準備 的 重要 泉源 與 支柱 。
is an important source and support for me to be well-prepared before communicating with native speakers.
1512 年 , 尼可拉 • 馬基維利 ( 1469 – 1527 ) ,
In 1512, Niccolò Machiavelli (1469 – 1527),
意大利 著名 歷史學家 與 政治 哲學家 。
Italy|famous|historian|and|political|philosopher
a famous Italian historian and political philosopher.
被 美地奇 家族 ( 意大利 銀行 與 政治 世家 , 統治 佛羅倫斯 達 三 世紀 之 久 )
After being imprisoned and tortured for a short period by the Medici family (an Italian banking and political dynasty that ruled Florence for three centuries),
監禁 、 拷刑 了 一 短暫 時 期 之後 ,
he retreated to a cottage outside the city of Florence.
退居 到 佛羅倫斯 城 外 的 一 處 村舍 。
白天 的 時候 , 他 與 當地 居民 閒談 或 玩 紙牌 ,
During the day, he chatted with local residents or played cards,
到 了 晚上 , 他 換上 正式 的 服裝 , 退隱 到 自己 的 書房 裡 ,
and at night, he changed into formal attire and retreated to his study,
通過 書籍 與 古代 的 歷史學家 溝通 ,
through|books|and|ancient|possessive particle|historians|communication
communicating with ancient historians through books,
寫下 了 西方 文學史 上 的 經典 之 作 : 君王 論 。
and wrote a classic work in the history of Western literature: The Prince.
這是 我們 能夠 藉由 閱讀 或 聆聽 , 而 與 另 一個 文化 溝通 的 例子 ,
This is an example of how we can communicate with another culture through reading or listening,
即使 我們 並 沒有 與 當 地 人民 有 什麼 日常 的 接觸 。
even if|we|not|have|with|local|local|people|have|any|daily|possessive particle|contact
Even though we do not have any daily contact with the local people.
當 我 居住 在 溫哥華 的 時候 , 已 年 過 四十 ,
When I lived in Vancouver, I was over forty years old,
仍 能夠 在 學習 德語 、 瑞典語 、 和 意大利語 各 方面 都 有 相當 不錯 的 進展 。
and I was still able to make quite good progress in learning German, Swedish, and Italian.
我 對 這些 語言 雖然 有 過 接觸 , 但 離 通順 或 自信 還 頗 有 一段 距離 。
Although I have had some exposure to these languages, I am still quite far from being fluent or confident.
對 每 一 種 語言 , 我 都 努力 集中 精神 去 聆聽 那些 我 已 明白 的 有聲 教材 ,
For each language, I make an effort to focus on listening to the audio materials that I already understand,
並 閱讀 列有 字詞 表 的 書籍 ( 詞表 ) 。
And read books that have a vocabulary list (word list).
在 家裡 , 我 至少 有 五十 本 關於 德語 、 意大利語 、 西班牙語 及 瑞典 語 等 的 讀本 。
At home, I have at least fifty readers on languages such as German, Italian, Spanish, and Swedish.
這些 讀本 都 列有 字詞 表 , 可 免去 我 查閱 字典 的 麻煩 。
These readers all have vocabulary lists, which saves me the trouble of looking up words in a dictionary.
可惜 的 是 , 這些 讀本 的 內容 並 不 十分 引人 , 卻 是 我 僅 能 找到 的 材料 了 。
Unfortunately, the content of these readers is not very engaging, but they are the only materials I can find.
我 那時 必須 費盡 力氣 才 能 做到 的 , 如今 都 變得 更 容易 、 也 更 有 效率 了 。
What I had to work hard to achieve back then has now become easier and more efficient.
利用 現代 的 科技 , 大 量 的 內容 可以 立即 變成 有用 的 教材 。
With modern technology, a large amount of content can be instantly transformed into useful teaching materials.
你 可以 依 自己 的 興趣 找到 材料 , 然後 從中 學習 。
You can find materials based on your own interests and learn from them.
如今 , 獨立 的 學習者 是 要 比 過往 的 學習者 更 獨立 得 多 。
Nowadays, independent learners are much more independent than learners in the past.
=== 德語 ===
=== German ===
我 的 德語 水平 在 一般 以 德語 為 母語 的 人 聽 來 , 是 相當 不錯 的 了 。
My level of German is quite good when heard by people whose native language is German.
無論 是 普通 交談 , 或是 聆聽 收音機 及 閱讀 報紙 , 都 沒有 什麼 困難 。
Whether it's ordinary conversation, listening to the radio, or reading newspapers, there is not much difficulty.
雖然 我 在 年幼 的 時候 曾 在 家 中 接觸 過 德語 ,
Although I was exposed to German at home when I was young,
但 後來 在 德國 船 上 工作 , 也 在 維也納 的 建築工地 上 打工 ,
I later worked on a ship in Germany and also worked on a construction site in Vienna,
但 無法 讓 一般 的 交談 持續 多久 。
but|cannot|allow|normal|possessive particle|conversation|last|how long
but I couldn't keep a general conversation going for long.
一九八六 年 十一月 , 我 決定 花 一 整個 月 的 時間 好好 學習 德語 。
In November 1986, I decided to spend an entire month learning German properly.
我 到 許多 溫哥華 的 舊書店 去 尋找 附有 字 詞 表 的 德語 讀本 。
I went to many used bookstores in Vancouver to look for German readers with vocabulary lists.
我 至少 買 了 十 或 十五 本 這樣 的 書 , 還有 各 式 的 錄音帶 ,
I bought at least ten or fifteen of these books, along with various audio tapes,
那些 舊書 上面 都 塗滿 了 原 用者 潦草 的 筆跡 。
and those old books were all covered in the original owner's messy handwriting.
一 整個 月 , 靠 著 字 詞表 的 幫 忙 , 我 專心 閱讀 與 聆聽 錄音帶 。
For an entire month, with the help of the vocabulary lists, I focused on reading and listening to the audio tapes.
果然 不錯 , 我 的 德語 有 了 顯著 的 進步 ,
Sure enough, my German improved significantly,
而 隨後 的 德國 之 行 也 讓 我 更 進 一層 , 但 卻 是 十分 辛苦 的 工作 。
The subsequent trip to Germany also took me a step further, but it was a very arduous task.
德文 的 名詞 有 三種 性別 , 字尾 會 隨著 「 格 」 而 改變
German nouns have three genders, and their endings change according to the 'case'.
( 即 名詞 、 代名詞 等 的 字形 變化 ) 。
(This refers to the inflection of nouns, pronouns, etc.).
這 在 講話 的 時候 很 難 掌握 , 只有 反覆 聆聽 才 能 讓 我 應付 這個 難題 ,
It is very difficult to grasp this while speaking; only through repeated listening can I tackle this challenge,
而 不是 靠 任何 語法 說明 或 字詞 表 。
but|not|rely on|any|grammar|explanation|or|word|list
rather than relying on any grammatical explanations or word lists.
我 依 著 自己 所 聽到 的 去 講 , 然後 期盼 有 最佳 效果 出現 。
I speak according to what I have heard, and then hope for the best results to appear.
我 的 德語 講 得 相當 自然 流暢 , 但 不 否認 在 語法 方面 還 不是 很 完美 。
My German is quite natural and fluent, but I do not deny that it is still not perfect in terms of grammar.
我 從 不 用 去 通過 什麼 德語 考試 , 卻 已 使用 這個 語言 處理 了 不少 商務 。
I have never had to pass any German exams, yet I have used this language to handle quite a bit of business.
我 也 到 過 德國 一些 很 不錯 的 中 古 城鎮 旅遊 ,
I have also traveled to some very nice medieval towns in Germany,
坐 在 餐館 裡 與 當地人 用 德語 交談 了 不 短 的 時間 。
and I spent a considerable amount of time sitting in restaurants talking in German with the locals.
我 知道 自己 常 把 名詞 的 性別 和 格 弄錯 , 但 我 並不 因此 而 退縮 。
I know that I often confuse the gender and case of nouns, but I do not shy away from it.
相反 的 , 我 知道 自己 如果 要 提高 使用 語法 的 正確性 ,
On the contrary, I know that if I want to improve the accuracy of my grammar usage,
我 必須 多 聽 、 多 讀 , 也 可以 參考 語法 書籍 以 加深 我 的 印象 。
I must listen and read more, and I can also refer to grammar books to deepen my impression.
但 假如 沒有 許多 實際 的 語言 經驗 ,
but|if|there is no|much|practical|(possessive particle)|language|experience
However, if I do not have much practical language experience,
只 孤立 地 學習 那些 格 或 性別 , 是 無法 改進 實際 會話 中 碰到 的 語法 問題 。
learning those cases or genders in isolation will not improve the grammatical issues encountered in actual conversation.
=== 意大利語 ===
=== Italian ===
對 已經 熟悉 西班牙語 及 法語 的 人 來說 , 意大利語 就 顯得 容易 多 了 。
For those who are already familiar with Spanish and French, Italian seems much easier.
對 已經 熟悉 西班牙語 及 法語 的 人 來說 , 意大利語 就 顯得 容易 多 了 。
For those who are already familiar with Spanish and French, Italian seems much easier.
密集 的 聽力 訓練 和 閱讀 , 很快 就 能 讓 我 的 意大利語 派上 用場 。
Intensive listening practice and reading can quickly make my Italian useful.
可惜 的 是 , 我 很少 有 機會 使用 ,
Unfortunately, I rarely have the opportunity to use it.
但 我 一直 很 高興 在 觀賞 意大利 影片 的 時候 ,
but|I|always|very|happy|when|watching|Italian|movie|possessive particle|time
But I have always been very happy when watching Italian films,
能 聽 得 懂 劇 中 人 在 說 些 什麼 。
to be able to understand what the characters are saying.
我 也 打算 在 有空 時 多 買 些 意大利 的 電子書 和 有聲 書籍 來 閱讀 。
I also plan to buy more Italian e-books and audiobooks to read when I have time.
意大利語 是 音樂 與 愛情 的 語言 。
Italian|is|music|and|love|possessive particle|language
Italian is the language of music and love.
雖然 意大利語 以 美麗 優雅 著稱 , 但 我 發現 ,
Although Italian is known for its beauty and elegance, I have found that,
在 經過 學習 並 開始 懂得 其中 意義 之後 , 所有 的 語言 都 是 美麗 的 。
After learning and beginning to understand its meaning, all languages are beautiful.
當 一種 語言 被 表達 得 很 好 , 它 就 具有 自己 獨特 的 風采 與 美麗 。
When a language is expressed well, it has its own unique charm and beauty.
我 一向 欣賞 人 把 一種 語言 講 得 很 好 , 用 字 得當 而且 清楚 明瞭 ,
I have always appreciated people who speak a language well, using appropriate words and being clear and concise,
還 能 引經據典 , 充分 表達 該 語言 的 歷史 與 文化 。
and who can also reference classics, fully expressing the history and culture of that language.
在 學習 意大利語 的 時候 ,
during|learning|Italian|possessive particle|time
When learning Italian,
你 很 難 不 聯想 到 意大利 在 文化 上 對 歐洲 及 全世界 的 巨大 貢獻 。
It is hard not to associate Italy with its tremendous contributions to culture in Europe and the world.
但是 , 意大利 是 文化 的 創造者 , 它 更 是 文化 的 傳播者 。
However, Italy is not only a creator of culture, but also a disseminator of culture.
希臘 , 這個 由 其它 更 古老 的 地中海 文化 所 激發 而 成 的 火花 ,
Greece, a spark ignited by other older Mediterranean cultures,
才 是 羅馬 的 偉大 導師 。
Cai|is|Rome|possessive particle|great|teacher
was the great teacher of Rome.
羅馬 人 很 敬重 希臘 文化 , 他們 在 自己 的 神話 裡面 ,
The Romans held Greek culture in high regard, and in their own mythology,
設法 把 自 己 的 祖先 遠溯 到 特洛伊 城 的 伊匿亞斯 。
managed to|to|self|self|possessive particle|ancestors|trace back|to|Troy|city|possessive particle|Aeneas
Strive to trace one's ancestors back to Aeneas of Troy.
( 希臘 羅馬 神話 中 特洛伊 城 的 英雄 。
(A hero of Troy in Greek and Roman mythology.
他 在 特洛伊 城 陷落 之後 , 逃 出 城外 流浪 了 七 年 , 最後 在 羅馬城 附近 定居 下來 ) 。
He wandered for seven years after the fall of Troy, eventually settling near the city of Rome).
但 這個 神話 像 許多 起源 神話 一樣 , 並 不是 真的 。
But this myth, like many origin myths, is not true.
羅馬 的 法律 、 文學 、 及 許多 巨大 公共 建設 等 珍貴 遺產 ,
The precious legacies of Rome, such as its laws, literature, and many grand public constructions,
都 是 西方 文明史 上 重要 的 標記 。
all|are|Western|history of civilization|in|important|possessive particle|markers
They are all important markers in the history of Western civilization.
在 羅馬帝國 崩潰 很 久 ( 以後 ) 之後 ,
Long after the fall of the Roman Empire,
意大利 的 文化 天賦 再度 於 許多 城邦 之中 活躍 起來 。
Italy's cultural talents became active again among many city-states.
歷史 總是 顯示 , 異質 接觸 所 激發 出來 的 影響 是 無與倫比 的 。
History always shows that the influences sparked by heterogeneous contact are unparalleled.
威尼斯 的 輝煌 成就 是 由於 它 的 海上 優勢 , 及 接觸 了 拜占庭 和 東方 的 文化 。
The glorious achievements of Venice were due to its maritime advantages and its contact with Byzantine and Eastern cultures.
同樣 的 , 像 熱那亞 ( 意大利 西北部 的 重要 港都 ) 、
Similarly, cities like Genoa (an important port city in northwest Italy),
及 塔斯卡尼 區 ( 意大利 中部 的 大 行政區 , 首府 是 佛羅倫斯 )
and the Tuscany region (a large administrative region in central Italy, with Florence as its capital)
一些 外貿 發達 的 城市 , 包括 與 回教 世界 的 貿易 在 內 ,
some cities with developed foreign trade, including trade with the Islamic world,
都 使 他們 能 在 中古 世紀 的 早期 迅速 崛起 ,
enabled them to rise rapidly in the early Middle Ages,
終而 導致 了 意大利 的 文藝復興 。
ultimately leading to the Italian Renaissance.
=== 廣東話 ===
=== Cantonese ===
由於 在 溫哥華 有 許多 人 講 廣東話 ,
due to|in|Vancouver|there are|many|people|speak|Cantonese
Since there are many people speaking Cantonese in Vancouver,
所以 我 在 五十歲 之後 , 也 決定 要 學習 這個 語言 。
I decided to learn this language after I turned fifty.
我 同 妻子 的 中國 親戚 們 在 一起 的 時候 , 總是 聽見 他們 講 些 廣東話 ,
Whenever I am with my wife's Chinese relatives, I always hear them speaking some Cantonese,
但是 , 我 的 能力 僅 止於 在 餐館 裡 點菜 , 甚至 在 那裡 還 常常 出錯 。
but my ability is limited to ordering food in restaurants, and I often make mistakes there.
但是 我 從不 因為 缺乏 語言 知識 感到 不好意思 。
but|I|never|because|lack of|language|knowledge|feel|embarrassed
But I never feel embarrassed because of a lack of language knowledge.
有次 在 餐館 裡 , 我 想 點 十二個 「 春捲 」 , 結果 我 說 成 了 「 春袋 」 。
Once in a restaurant, I wanted to order twelve 'spring rolls', but I ended up saying 'spring bags'.
在 中文 裡 , 「 春 」 字 也 帶有 「 性 」 的 意思 ( 我 覺得 這 是 非常 詩意 的 聯想 ) ,
In Chinese, the character '春' (spring) also carries a meaning related to 'sex' (I think this is a very poetic association),
所以 , 我 講 的 春袋 似乎 指 的 是 男性 的 性 器官 而 不是 一種 食物 。
so the 'spring bags' I mentioned seemed to refer to male genitalia rather than a type of food.
大家 聽 了 先是 嚇 了 一 跳 , 接著 便 鬨笑 起來 。
Everyone was startled at first, then they burst into laughter.
我 的 妻子 講 廣東話 長大 , 但 她 在家 一直 同 我 講 英語 ,
My wife grew up speaking Cantonese, but she has always spoken English with me at home,
而且 三十年 來 也 沒有 打算 要 改變 這個 習慣 。
moreover|thirty years|since|also|have not|intention|to|change|this|habit
and she has no plans to change this habit after thirty years.
我 能 閱讀 報 上 的 中文 , 卻 沒有 辦法 用 廣東話 發音 。
I can read Chinese in the newspaper, but I have no way to pronounce it in Cantonese.
有 位 講 廣東話 的 溫哥華 記者 姚 永安 先生 願意 幫助 我 , 只是 我 進步 得 很 慢 。
A Cantonese-speaking journalist from Vancouver, Mr. Yao Yong'an, is willing to help me, but I am progressing very slowly.
在 一般 交談 或 收聽 電臺 節目 , 我 約略 能 聽懂 10% 左右 。
In general conversations or listening to radio programs, I can roughly understand about 10%.
我 相信 應該 要 達到 90% 以上 才 能 稱 得 上 流利 。
I believe that one should reach over 90% to be considered fluent.
我 還有 很 長 的 路 要 走 。
I still have a long way to go.
問題 是 出於 我 的 錯誤 觀念 。
The problem stems from my misconceptions.
潛意識 裡 , 我 認為 廣東話 的 九個 聲調 簡直 是 太 困難 了 。
Subconsciously, I think that the nine tones of Cantonese are simply too difficult.
我 還 認為 , 普通話 是 國語 , 有 了 它 就 足夠 了 , 為什麼 還 需要 廣東話 呢 ?
I also believe that Mandarin is the national language, and having it is enough; why do we still need Cantonese?
所以 , 我 並 沒有 下定決心 全力以赴 。
So, I didn't really make up my mind to go all out.
但 後來 我 在 溫哥華 的 中文 書店 發現 了 一 本 讓 我 突破 觀念 的 書 。
But later, I found a book in a Chinese bookstore in Vancouver that broke my preconceived notions.
那 本 書 揭開 了 廣東話 九 個 聲調 的 神秘 面紗 ,
That book unveiled the mystery of the nine tones of Cantonese,
並且 強調 只要 六個 聲調 就 夠 了 。
and emphasized that only six tones are sufficient.
這 說法 對 我 來說 十分 合理 ,
this|statement|to|me|for|very|reasonable
This statement made a lot of sense to me,
因為 即使 我 連 六個 聲調 都 不 很 正確 ,
because|even if|I|even|six|tones|all|not|very|correct
Because even if I don't get all six tones quite right,
但 一樣 能 溝通 得 很 好 。
but|equally|can|communicate|particle indicating degree|very|well
I can still communicate very well.
此外 , 作者 還 表示 , 英語 也 有 相同 的 聲調 存在 ,
In addition, the author also states that English has similar tones,
這些 聲調 不是 用來 區分 字 的 意義 , 而是 用來 強調 句子 的 語氣 。
and these tones are not used to distinguish the meanings of words, but to emphasize the tone of the sentence.
我 突然 領悟到 , 所有 這些 有關 聲 調 的 種種 現象 ,
I suddenly realized that all these phenomena related to tones,
其實 我 在 使用 英語 時 已 十分 熟悉 ,
actually|I|when|using|English|time|already|very|familiar
Actually, I am quite familiar with using English.
卻 一直 被 束縛 在 無知 的 恐懼 之中 。
but|always|be|bound|in|ignorance|possessive particle|fear|within
However, I have always been bound by the fear of ignorance.
現在 , 障礙 已 除 , 學習 的 大門 開 了 。
Now, the obstacles have been removed, and the door to learning has opened.
緊接著 , 我 請 人 幫 我 錄製 一些 簡單 的 內容 ,
Next, I asked someone to help me record some simple content,
好 讓 我 可以 一再 反覆 收聽 。
good|let|I|can|repeatedly|repeatedly|listen
so that I can listen to it repeatedly.
後來 , 我 買 了 一個 迷你 隨身聽 ( MD ) 。
Later, I bought a mini disc player (MD).
對 學習 語言 的 人 來說 , 這 真是 一個 革命性 的 工具 。
For people learning languages, this is truly a revolutionary tool.
它 不但 可以 從 收音機 或 電視機 直接 錄音 , 也 可以 由 計算機 下載 ;
It can not only record directly from the radio or television, but it can also download from a computer;
我 可以 錄下 自己 的 聲音 , 也 可以 儲存 大量 的 材 料 。
I can record my own voice, and I can also store a large amount of material.
迷你 隨身聽 不但 精巧 輕便 , 音質 也 十分 優良 。
The mini disc player is not only compact and portable, but the sound quality is also excellent.
不久 , 我 就 開始 把 廣東話 的 電臺 節目 錄 下來 , 包括 一些 脫口秀 節目 。
Not long after, I started recording Cantonese radio programs, including some talk shows.
隨著 廣東話 的 進步 , 我 開始 打電話 到 這些 節目 中 去 ,
As my Cantonese improved, I began calling into these programs,
並 針對 一些 論題 發表 意見 。
and|regarding|some|topics|express|opinions
and expressing my opinions on various topics.
我 把 這些 都 錄 下來 , 然後 與 播音員 的 道地 語音 做 比較 。
I recorded all of these and then compared them with the native speakers' pronunciation.
我 相信 迷你 隨身聽 使 我 在 學習 時 能夠 達到 一定 程度 的 專注 ,
I|believe|mini|MP3 player|make|I|at|study|time|able to|achieve|certain|level|possessive particle|focus
I believe that the mini portable recorder allowed me to achieve a certain level of focus while learning,
因而 能 突破 學習 上 的 障礙 。
therefore|can|overcome|learning|in|possessive particle|obstacles
Thus, it can break through the barriers in learning.
可惜 的 是 , 我 還 沒 有 發現 類似 有聲 題材 之類 的 電子 讀物 。
Unfortunately, I have not yet found similar electronic reading materials like audio content.
我 確信 這 很快 就 會 出現 , 屆時 學 起 廣東話 來 就 更 方便 了 。
I am confident that this will appear soon, making it even more convenient to learn Cantonese.
我 把 精神 集中 在 自己 喜歡 的 有聲 內容 ,
I|(particle indicating the handling of an object)|attention|concentrate|on|myself|like|(possessive particle)|audio|content
I focus my attention on the audio content that I like,
再 加上 自己 中文 方面 的 知識 ,
again|adding|oneself|Chinese|aspect|possessive particle|knowledge
combined with my knowledge of Chinese.
我 對 廣東話 的 領悟 就 逐漸 有 了 進步 ,
I|towards|Cantonese|possessive particle|understanding|then|gradually|have|past tense marker|progress
My understanding of Cantonese has gradually improved.
也 使 我 先前 學習 語言 的 所有 經驗 、 體會 得以 強化 。
It has also strengthened all my previous experiences and insights in language learning.
這 再度 顯示 : 要 想 成功 , 學習 者 的 角色 極 具 決定性 ,
This once again shows that to succeed, the role of the learner is crucial.
而 找尋 有趣 的 材料 也 十分 重要 。
and|finding|interesting|possessive particle|materials|also|very|important
Additionally, finding interesting materials is also very important.
另外 , 學會 廣東話 也 證實 了 年齡 並 非 學習 語言 的 障礙 ,
Moreover, learning Cantonese has confirmed that age is not a barrier to language learning.
只要 你 下定決心 去 做 。
as long as|you|make up your mind|to|do
As long as you are determined to do it.
雖然 我 還 沒 有 達到 完全 流利 的 程度 ,
Although I have not yet reached complete fluency,
我 已經 能夠 進行 一般 的 對談 了 ,
I|already|can|conduct|general|possessive particle|conversation|past action particle
I am already able to engage in general conversations,
甚至 還 可以 打電話 到 電臺 參與 他們 的 脫口秀 節目 。
even|still|can|call|to|radio station|participate|they|possessive particle|talk show|program
and I can even call the radio station to participate in their talk shows.
六個月 的 努力 奮鬥 已 成 過去 , 但 我 還是 會 不斷 求 進步 ,
Six months of hard work has become the past, but I will continue to strive for improvement,
繼續 保持 收聽 電臺 節目 和 與 人 接觸 。
Continue to keep listening to radio programs and interacting with people.
我 最近 到 深圳 和 廣州 逗留 了 幾天 ,
I|recently|arrived|Shenzhen|and|Guangzhou|stayed|past tense marker|a few days
I recently stayed in Shenzhen and Guangzhou for a few days,
二十年 不見 , 這些 地方 改變 了 許多 , 真 令 我 驚訝 。
After not seeing these places for twenty years, they have changed a lot, which really surprised me.
我 尤其 高興 自己 能 用 廣東話 與 人 交談 , 使得 整個 行程 更 有 樂趣 。
I was especially happy that I could converse in Cantonese, making the whole trip more enjoyable.
我 在 學習 語言 及 製造 個人 學習 環境 時 所 碰到 的 種種 困難 ,
I|at|learning|language|and|creating|personal|study|environment|when|that|encountered|(possessive particle)|various|difficulties
The various difficulties I encountered while learning languages and creating a personal learning environment,
如今 已 因 網絡 與 現代 軟件 系統 的 出現 而 變得 容易 多 了 。
Nowadays, it has become much easier due to the emergence of the internet and modern software systems.
我 過去 付出 的 辛勞 , 如今 做 起來 會 更 有 效率 、 也 更 有趣 。
The hard work I put in the past is now more efficient and also more interesting.
我 期盼 自己 能 學習 更 多 的 語言 ,
I|hope|myself|can|learn|more|many|(possessive particle)|languages
I look forward to learning more languages,
也 繼續 不斷 提高 使用 語言 的 技能 。
also|continue|constantly|improve|using|language|possessive particle|skills
and continuously improving my language skills.
SENT_CWT:AFkKFwvL=5.1 PAR_TRANS:gpt-4o-mini=3.89
en:AFkKFwvL
openai.2025-01-22
ai_request(all=233 err=0.00%) translation(all=194 err=0.52%) cwt(all=2261 err=3.27%)