大陆 人 成长 经历 VS台湾人 成长 经历 (小学 篇)
Aufwachsen in Festlandchina vs. Aufwachsen in Taiwan (Grundschule)
Growing Up Mainlander vs Growing Up Taiwanese (Elementary School)
Grandir en Chine continentale vs grandir à Taiwan (école primaire)
大家 好 , 我 是 Kevin!
大家 好 , 我 是 David!
今天 我要 跟 David 一 起来 对比 一下
K: Today I'd like compare with David what it's like growing up in Mainland China vs what it's like growing up in Taiwan
大陆 人 的 成长 经历 跟 台湾人 的 成长 经历
为什么 要 比 这个 呢 ? 因为 人 的 思维 方式
其实 跟 他 的 成长 经历 是 很 有 关系 的
所以 我们 希望 通过 这个 视频 呢
So through this video, we would like to show you guys
给 大家 有 一些 思考 就是 为什么 两岸 人们 的 思维 方式 有些 不 一样
然后 David 你 是 几年 出生 了 ?
K: So David, which year were you born?
我 是 1990 年 出生
David 是 1990 年 出生 , 跟 我 差不多 , 我 是 1988 年
所以 我们 俩 要 分享 一些 成长 经历 呢 , 尽 代表 我们 那个 年代 哦
So the experiences we are gonna share only represent our generation.
我们 的 对比 呢 , 就 从 时间 上 开始 ,
So let's go with chronological order from the time we were born to elementary school
就 从 我们 出生 的 时候 一直 到 小学
为什么 只 比到 小学 呢 ?
K: Why we only compare up to elementary school? Because David moved to United States in elementary school.
因为 David 小学 之后 , 他 就 去 了 美国 , 我们 第一个 要 比 的 就是
出生 ,
你 知道 就是 , 当时 我们 在 大陆 的 时候 ,
At the time, China
有 一个 政策 就是 , 一个 家庭 只能 有 一个 小孩
had the policy where families can only have one child
对 , 所以 David 你 家里 是 几个 小孩 ?
我们 家里 有 三个 小孩 , 有 谁 呢 ?
D: My family had 3 children, including myself. K: Who were they?
我 还有 个 姐姐 跟 一个 弟弟
D: It was my older sister and younger brother
在 我们 家里 我 有 个 哥哥 , 所以 我 的 哥哥 是 第一个 小孩
K: In my family, I had an older brother, so my brother was the first child
理论 上 来讲 , 我 是 不 允许 出生 的 对 不 对
I was supposedly not allowed to be born,
但是 你 要 出生 的话 也 可以
but there was one solution for it, which was to pay for a government fine
就 罚钱 就 可以 , 罚钱 或者 打 掉
所以 我 本来 是 不 应该 出生 的
So I wasn't supposed to be born
不 应该 活在 这个 世界 上 , 但是
I shouldn't have lived in this world
我 妈妈 当时 做 了 一件 很 危险 的 事情
But at the time, my mom did a dangerous thing
她 当时 就 去 了 内蒙古
因为 逃到 很 远 的 地方 的 时候 就 没人管 你
This was because she went to a place far enough that she wasn't paid any attention.
所以 我 实在 内蒙古 的 一个 帐篷 里 出生 的
So I was actually born in a tent in Inner Mongolia.
哇 , 然后 出生 在 那边 待 一段时间 之后
So if you stay there for a period of time after you gave birth
再 回来 的话 , 就 不用 罚钱
and then come back, you won't get fined
再 回来 的话 你 就 可以 注册 了
at that time you can be officially registered.
第二个 我们 要 分享 的 就是 上学 之前
The second thing we are going to share is before entering school
上 幼稚园 之前 你 的 家庭教育 是 什么样 的
Before going to pre-school, how was your home-school experience?
我 记得 就是 我 小时候 我 爸爸 经常 跟 我 说 要 好好 念书
What I remember is that when I was small,
我 奶奶 说 是 要 好好 听话
My (paternal) grandmother told me to be obedient
要成 乖孩子 差不多 是 这样 的
and to become a good child. Pretty much just this. And lastly,
然后 最好 呢 考上 清华大学 , 我 不 知道 你们 那 时候 会 灌输 什么
to get into Tsinghua University.
嗯 基本上 长辈 都 还是 会 希望 你 是 当个 乖 小孩
D: Basically, the elders mostly hope you be a good kid
就是 一定 要 , 你 要 好 成绩 啊
That is, you get good grades,
然后 好好 读书 , 然后 好好 做 家事
study well, and help with housework.
所以 上学 之前 的 教育 其实 是 一摸 一样 的
K: So the education we received before entering school were actually the same.
接下来 的话 我们 就 步入 了 幼稚园 跟 小学 对 不 对
Next up, we're going to discuss kindergarten
在 大陆 的话 , 就是 上 小学 的 时候 学校 会 推广 普通话
In Mainland, in elementary school, the school will promote
所以 它会 尽量 要求 你 说 普通话 , 就是说 你 说 方言 的话
老师 会 说 啊 请 说 普通话 , 这样
当然 , 我们 那 时候 其实 因为 很多 老师 他们 普通话 也 不好
所以 我们 其实 , 实际上 来讲 , 是 温州话 跟 普通话 一起 参着 的 说实话
So technically speaking,
我 不 知道 在 那个 台湾 怎么样 ?
台湾 的话 就是 不会 特别强调 说 你 一定 要说 普通话 或 国语
D: In Taiwan they weren't too strict about which language we spoke, Mandarin or Taiwanese.
所以 它 没有 就是 特意 去 推广 国语
对 。 他 还是 说 你 在 学校 你 想 说 闽南语 你 就 说 呗
K: So you could speak whatever language you wanted to speak, Southern Min dialect (Taiwanese) or whatever.
你 就 , 你 还是 可以 说 呀 , 只是 其他 小孩 不 一定 会 同样 的 , 跟 你 一样 理解 闽南话 或 台语 这 样子
D: You can still speak it, it's just that other kids might not necessarily
okay。 但是 我 有 一个 问题 , 上课 的 时候 老师 说 国语 你 说 闽南话 老师 会 骂 你 吗
K: Oh okay. But I have a question - in class, if the teacher
嗯 , 基本上 不会 特别 去 纠正
D: Basically, they wouldn't correct you on purpose
对 , 因为 如果说 他 这个 小朋友 他 就是 比较 习惯 说 闽南语 的话 那 老师 也 是 可以 理解
okay。 我们 刚 提道 国语 的 问题 , 我们 再 接下来 一个 话题 啊
就是 我们 在 学 国语 和 普通话 的 时候 , 我们 是 有 拼音 的
When we were learning Mandarin in Mainland, we had Pinyin
听说 你们 是 ? 我们 是 注音符号 , 是 用 注音符号
K: I heard you guys used...? D: We used ZhuYin FuHao (a phonetic transliteration system)
我 后来 去 了解 了 一下 , 其实 这个 注音符号 呢 在 国语 产生 的 时候 就 有 了
I did some research later
所以 其实 在 大陆 的 新华字典 上 , 也 是 有 注音 的
对 , 我 以前 真的 不 知道 后来 才 发现 只是 大家 没有 去 聊 这个 东西 (laugh)
大家 学 的 因为 都 是 拼音 吗 所以 其实
Everyone learned Pinyin
大陆 的 字典 里 也 有 注音
So there actually is Zhuyin in dictionaries in Mainland
只是 大家 根本 没有 去 了解 过 这个 东西 , 这样 。
讲 到 这个 注音 跟 那个 拼音 的 问题
我们 当时 小学 的 时候 不是 差不多 电脑 引进 的 第一批 吗
weren't we about the first generation who got to use computers in classroom settings?
当时 除了 有 拼音输入 法 , 我们 还有 五笔 输入法
我 不 知道 你们 那边 是 什么
I don't know what else you used...
我们 是 注音 , 然后 是 仓颉
注音 输入法 跟 仓颉输入 法
K: The ZhuYin input system and the Cangjie input system? D: Yes.
仓颉 的话 是不是 有点像 笔画 的 那个 东西
Was Cangjie system developed according to stroke orders?
对 , 就是 比较 高端 一点 的
(laugh) 仓颉 听 上去 很 高端
K: Cangjie sounds really advanced D: Yup.
对 , 很 有 文艺 气息
K: With high-level literacy and aesthetics.
我们 叫 五笔 , 我们 也 是 按 偏旁 来 写 的
Our (version) was called the 5 Stroke system. We used parts of Chinese characters.