找 一條 回家 的 路 :賴佩霞 (Pei-Hsia Lai) at TEDxTaipei 2012
Finding a Way Home: Pei-Hsia Lai at TEDxTaipei 2012
各位 大家 好
Hi everyone,
很 開心 今天 有 這個 機會 能 在 這裡 和 大家 見面
it's a pleasure to have this chance to speak to you.
很多 人 對 賴佩霞 的 認識 呢
Many people's impression of Lai Pei-Hsia
大概 就是 好幾十年 前
is the me over tens of years ago.
大概 30 年前 看 台視 新聞
About 30 years ago,
每天晚上 有個 珍重 今夜
I hosted a variety show, where
每天晚上 我 唱 兩首歌
I sang two songs every night.
你 如果 不 知道 , 那 是 應該 的
It's normal for you younger not to know me.
回去 問你 的 爸爸媽媽 就 知道 了
Just go ask your parents.
現在 一般 人 對 我 的 認識 都還 停留 在 那裡
Many people of the generation of your parents know me as a singer of that time,
所以 你 的 爸爸媽媽 在 街上 看到 我 的 時候
so when they see me, they say
都 會 跟 我 說
will tell me
賴佩霞 , 我 以前 好 喜歡 聽 你 的 歌
Lai Pei-Hsia, I loved listening to your songs!
我 都 說 謝謝
And I would say thank you.
很多 人 不 知道 我 這 幾十年 在 做 什麼
Many people don't know what I did in the last decades.
今天 很 高興 有 這樣 的 機會 能夠 在 TEDxTaipei 跟 大家 分享
I'm glad to have this chance to share with you at TEDxTaipei.
我 這 幾年 到底 在 做 什麼
So what did I do in the past years?
我 很 努力 地 在 找 一條 回家 的 路
I've been striving to find my way home.
家庭 覺醒 是 我 30 年來 走 在 身 心靈 的 道路 上
In the past 30 years, I've been on the road to soul
我 覺得 是 非常 重要 的 一個 概念 , 觀念
and I found family awakening is an important idea,
所以 我 今天 希望 在 這裡 跟 大家 來 分享
which I want to share the idea with you today.
不管 你 回家 的 路 有 多難 走
No matter how difficult your journey to home is,
你 沒有 別的 路 可以 走
you have no other choice.
為 什麼 ?
Why?
因為 你 渴望 有 一個 璀璨 的 人生
Because you are yearning for a brilliant life.
為 什麼 ?
Why?
我 接下來 就 來說 給你 聽
I'll tell you in the following story.
愛與 慈悲
Love and compassion.
我們 如何 找到 愛與 慈悲 ?
How do we find a life of love and compassion?
不 容易
It's not easy.
但 我們 很 容易 找到 不愛與 不 慈悲
But it's easy to find a life without love and compassion.
當 我們 自己 處於 不愛與 不 慈悲 的 時候
When there are no love and compassion in our lives,
你 就 知道 那條 路 走 錯 了
we know we've taken the wrong road.
怎麼辦 ? 怎麼 回來 ? 誰 來 教 我們 ?
What to do? How to come back? Who can teach us?
走身 心靈 或者 瞭解 心理學 的 朋友
Those who knows about psychology
大概 對 這個 圖案 都 還滿 清楚 的
must be familiar with this figure.
它 是 一個 冰山 理論
It shows the Iceberg Theory.
這個 理論 在講 的 是 什麼 ?
What is this theory about?
不管 是 佛洛依德 也好 , 薩提 阿 甚至於 海明威 也好
Sigmund Freud, Virginia Satir and even writer Ernest Hemingway
他們 都 提過 冰山 理論 , 也就是說
all mentioned Iceberg Theory.
我們 一直 以為 自己 是 什麼 樣子 的 人
The theory holds that as with an iceberg,
我們 自己 只 看到 上面
only a small proportion of many things is clearly shown on the top.
我們 自己 想 看到 的 那 一部 份
We only see the evident good part we want to see.
通常 只有 在 親密關係 裡面
However, usually in intimate relationships,
你 隱藏 在 下面 的 那 部分 通通 會 上來
your hidden part will come up
因為 對方 很 知道 如何 哪壺 不開 提 哪壺
because your mate knows well how to touch the tender spot of you.
然後 就是 故意 的 , 因為 你 讓 我 生氣
They do it on purpose. "You made me angry,
所以 我要 讓 你 更 難過
so I return it double back
所以 我會 想盡辦法 , 你 說 你 很 好 是不是 ?
by all means. You said you're good?
咱們 來 試試看
Let's see."
所以 就是 有 那種 較勁
So a relationship becomes a competition easily,
尤其 是 親密關係
especially in an intimate one.
所以 很多 年輕人 在 這裡
We have a lot of young friends here.
我 希望 大家 今天 聽 了 分享 之後
I hope that after listening to my sharing,
我們 可 以來 瞭解
you can try to understand
可能 有 一部 份 的 你 是 你 從來不 知道 的
that maybe there is a part of you that you never know before.
你 可能 從來不 知道 你 那麼 小氣
You might not know that you're that stingy,
你 那麼 小心眼 , 甚至於 你 那麼 惡毒
that narrow-minded, even that mean.
我 本來 也 從來不 相信 直到 我 結了婚 之後
I didn't believe either at first. Until I went into my first marriage,
我 才 知道 , 賴佩霞 到底 有 多 兇惡
I started to realize how mean Lai Pei-Hsia was.
那 當然 除了 賴佩霞 看到 自己 兇惡 之外
When I found the evil me,
我 開始 回過 頭去 看 到底 我 發生 了 什麼 ?
I started to reflect on my past, making sense of what had happened on me.
因此 這在 過去 的 30 年裡面 , 我 剛剛 在講
So in the past 30 years, as I just said,
我 發現 回家 才 是 覺醒 的 第一步
I realized that finding the way home is the first step of awakening.
很多 人 在 問說
Many asked me,
賴佩霞 你 是不是 在 做 瑜珈 ? 你 是不是 在 教 瑜珈 ?
Lai Pei-Hsia, were you practicing or teaching yoga?
我 說 沒有
I said no.
其實 我 在 做 什麼 , 我 在 走 回家 的 道路
In fact, I was trying to find my way home.
那 也 因為 我 找到 了 我 的 家 找到 什麼 是 愛與 慈悲
And I did. I found my way home. I found love and compassion.
所以 我 現在 到處 跟 人家 分享 如何 回家
So I share with people a lot about
而且 回家 到底 有 多 好
how and how good it is to go home.
在家 裡面 我們 通常 會 看到 這 兩件 事情
At home, we usually can find two options:
也 就是 成為 對 的 或者 你 是 要 成為 和平 的
to be the right one, or to be the peaceful one.
怎麼 說 ?
Because too often people fight to prove that they are on the right side.
很多 的 爭執 或 爭吵 都 是 為 了 要 證明 我 是 對 的
所以 你 寧願 失去 和平 而 要 堅持己見
They insist on their own opinion at the price of peace.
事實上 其實 在 那個 爭對 的 時刻 兩個 人 已經 受 了 很多 傷
In fact, both are hurt in the fight.
所以 對於 要 證實 對 的 這件 事情 我們 每個 人 學會 用 不同 方式
Everyone developed their own method to prove they are right.
那 最 主要 的 方法 有 幾個 , 原因 也 有 幾個
The desire to prove self right has many reasons.
第一個 腎上腺素 的 上升
First, the rise of adrenaline.
當我 要爭 對 的 時候 , 我 亢奮 我 的 腎上腺素 開始 會 上升
When I try to prove I'm right, I feel upset and the adrenaline in my veins rises.
所以 你 會 發現 有 一些 人 比方說 我 老公 , 他 經常 會 說
You can find some people often argue, like my husband is a case in point,
我 真的 不 喜歡 吵架 , 我 也 不 喜歡 爭
that they really do not like to fight.
但是 只要 他 看到 不平 事情 的 時候 他衝 第一個
But he let loose his horse of anger immediately the moment he finds injustice.
所以 我 就 跟 他講 , 我 說
So I told him that
你 知道 什麼 叫 不 喜歡 吵架 嗎 ?
do you know what is "I don't like fights"?
不 喜歡 吵架 不是 用 憤怒 去 告訴 對方
It's not telling others angrily that how much you hate anger,
我 多麼 不 喜歡 憤怒 , 不 喜歡 吵架
and that you don't like to fight.
是 要 處於 那個 和平 裡
"I don't like fights" means to be in the peace.
這是 我 多 年來 學習 腎上腺素 的 上升 會 是 一個 癮
After years of learning, I realized the rise of adrenaline is an addict,
它 就 像 酒癮 一樣 , 它 就 像 菸 癮 一樣
like alcohol and cigarettes.
有些 人 你 就 會 覺得 很 奇怪
Strangely you can often find people
小小的 事情 , 他 為 什麼 暴跳如雷
become furious over trivial things.
事實上 是 , 你 現在 就 知道 了
Now you know the reason.
是 腎上腺素 的 關係
It's because of adrenaline.
所以 這為 什麼 來 的 ?
Another reason for fights,
這也 就是 跟 我們 的 家庭 價值觀 有 關係
is the values we get from our family of origin.
所以 我們 經常 在 爭 的 時候
Often we fight because we believe
事實上 在 爭 我們 原來 認為 的 價值觀
our values are right.
那 我 現在 想要 請教 各位 一下
But to think deeper,
你們 來 思考 一下
也 就是 談到 家庭 價值觀 , 這無 關乎 對錯
actually there is no right and wrong when it comes to family values.
我要 特別 談到 的 是 家庭 的 價值觀
This is a point I want to stress on.
如果 一個 家庭 裡面 , 全家 都 是 警察
If there is a family where all the member are polices
出 了 一個 小偷 , 誰 是 叛徒 ?
except for one burglar. Who is the betrayer?
誰 是 叛徒 ? 家庭 裡面 的 叛徒 ?
Who is the betrayer of the family?
可想而知 嘛 ! 對 不 對 ?
The answer is obvious.
一個 家庭 都 是 警察 , 出 了 一個 小偷
A police family with one burglar.
這 小偷 當然 就是 叛徒 啦 !
The burglar is the betrayer.
那 我 要 請問 各位
And here's another situation.
如果 一家子 都 是 小偷
If there is a family where all the member are burglars
出 了 一個 警察 , 誰 是 叛徒 ?
except for one police. Who is the betrayer?
所以 我講 這個 , 無關 對錯
So it's not about right and wrong.
但是 我 要講 的 是 一個 家庭 的 系統
It's about a family system.
所以 很多 的 夫妻 在 爭執 的 時候
Many couples fight over
事實上 是 在 爭 那個 我們 原生 家庭 所 帶來 的
the values they separately get from their family of origin.
為 什麼 我 的 第一個 婚姻 讓 我 非常 的 痛苦
This made me suffer agonies in my first marriage.
是 因為 我 母親 是 一個 性格 非常 剛烈 的 人
Because my mother had a strong temper.
她 認為 對 的 就是 要 據理力爭
She fought over the things she held right.
所以 我 的 第一次 婚姻
So in my first marriage,
我 就 用 媽媽 教 的 , 因為 我 很 愛 媽媽
I did as I was taught. I loved my mother very much.
媽媽 講的 我 通通 聽 進去 了
So I listened to everything she said.
媽媽 說 不 可以 在 人家 的 背後 說 人家 的 背後 話
She said I should never talk behind others' back.
我 聽懂 了
I did.
她 說 有 什麼 你 要 當面 說
She said you should tell him directly.
我 也 聽懂 了
I did.
於是 當我 進入 我 的 第一個 婚姻 的 時候
So in my first marriage,
當我 看到 我 公公 婆婆
when I saw my parents-in-law
他們 做 事情 我 實在 是 無法 認同 的 時候
doing things I couldn't identify with,
我 就 遵守 媽媽 的 教誨
I did what my mom taught me.
當面 說
I told them in their face.
哇 ! 很慘 ! 真的 很慘 !
Wow, the result was terrible.
因為 那 時候 我 不 懂 , 我 完全 不 懂
I knew nothing!
我 只是 遵照 媽媽 所 教導 的
I just did as taught.
因為 我 很 愛 媽媽 所以 我 把 媽媽 的話 都 聽 進去 了
I loved my mom and I did what she said.
包括 裡面 有 一句 是
What I did includes one thing,
很多 父母親 都 告訴 孩子 說
which a lot of parents also tell their children,
我 罵 你 是 因為 我愛你
"I scold you because I love you."
有沒有 聽過 ? 有
Have you ever heard of it? Yes?
有沒有 講過
Have you ever said it before?
它 很 危險 因為 我 罵 你 是 因為 我愛你
The words are dangerous because
這 孩子 他 真的 聽 了 他 真的 相信 這 就是 愛
the children do believe what they hear. They believe scolding is love.
於是 他 長大 了 , 於是 他 很 愛他 的 爸爸媽媽
So when they grow up, loving their parents,
當他 很 愛他 爸媽 的 時候 他 也 會 用 同樣 的 方式
they show their love as how they were taught.
所以 我 可以 看到 很多 把 孝道 放在 嘴巴 上
So I see a lot people saying they love and respect their parents.
但是 到 了 要爭 是非 的 時候
But when it comes to the moments of right and wrong,
對 爸媽 的 講話 口氣
they talk in the same way
跟 當年 爸媽 在 教 他 的 時候 是 一模一樣
as their parents taught them.
這是 值得 我們 去 思考 的
This deserves further thoughts.
我 以前 因為 我 愛 媽媽
I love my mom.
因為 媽媽 說 的 對 我 通通 聽 進去 了
I used to believe whatever she said.
但是 後來 走入 身 心靈 領域 後
However, not until I know more about soul- searching
我 才 清清楚楚 的 瞭解
that it became clear to me
原來 指責 跟 謾罵 是 婚姻 裡 特大號 的 殺手
that scolding and blaming are the biggest killers of marriage.
所以 這 就是 讓 我們 開始 去 思考
So we should start to think about and picture our own happy future.
開始 去 想像 我們 要 怎樣 來 經營 我們 的 幸福
我們 要學 爸爸媽媽 嗎 ?
Should we copy everything our parents did?
我們 當然 知道 他們 有 他們 自己 所 經歷 的 成長 過程
We all know that our parents have their own unique experience and background.
但是 各位 , 你們 這些 年輕人 太 厲害 了
But you young generation are awesome.
你們 從來不 可 想像
You are unlimited.
我們 的 父母親 當年 在 爭執 的 時候
In your fighting parents' time,
他們 沒有 賴 老師 的 課來 上
they didn't have my lectures,
那個 時候 也 沒有 那麼 多 在 談愛的 書籍
either did they have access to so many books about love.
但是 你們 可以 為 自己 創造 一個 完全 不 一樣 的 生命
But you can create a totally different life for yourselves.
完全 不 一樣 的 幸福
A totally different happiness.
這不 只是 我 一個 人 的 故事
The following story isn't all about me
我 今天 要講 的 是 我 父母 和 我 自己 的 故事
but more about my parents.
很多 在場 的 朋友 , 我 一問 可能 很多 人 都 沒有 生小孩
Many people here may not have children.
但是 在 這裡 , 相信 每 一個 人 都 有 父母親
But I believe everyone has parents.
對 不 對 ? 是 嘛 ! 好
Right? Yes.
所以 在 這個 基礎 上 很多 的 父母親 都 不 一樣
We all agree on that. Parents are all different.
每 一個 人 背景 都 不 一樣
Every parents got their own unique background.
但是 我們 只有 一條 路要 回家
But we all got only one way home.
那 一條 回家 的 路 就是
That is,
也許 有些 人 的 功課 比較 難 一點
maybe some people have a hard time getting home.
我 知道 不是 全 天下 的 父母親 都 是 那麼 可愛 的
I know not all parents in the world are lovable.
但是 如果 他們 沒有 你 想像 , 渴望 的 那麼 可愛
But if your parents are not lovable as you want them to be,
我 只能 說 , 你 的 路 難 走 一點
I can only say you face a harder challenge.
但是 你 沒有 別的 路 可 走
But still, you got only one way home
回家 這條 道路 沒有 任何人 可以 幫 你 走
and no one can walk through the difficult journey for you.
這是 我 父親 , 這是 我 母親
This is my father and my mother.
我 父親 今天 早上 從 美國 飛來 支持 我
My father flied here this morning to support me.
你們 轉過 頭 看到 他 的 時候
When you turned back and saw him,
想 說 怎麼 會變 這樣 ?
you must be thinking how come he became like this?
可以 請 您 站 起來 嗎 ?
Can you stand up please?
那 就是 我 的 爸爸 ,50 年前 的 樣子
That's my...Yeah, that's him. 50 years ago.
所以 我要 跟 各位 分享 的 是
What I wanted to share with you is that
我 的 母親 是 一個 單親 媽媽
my mom was a single mother.
所以 很早 的 時候 , 大概 50 年前
It was a long time ago. About 50 years ago,
我 父親 那 時候 因為 越戰 的 關係
because of the Vietnam War,
需要 到 越南 , 經歷 過 越南戰爭
my dad had to fight there.
所以 那個 時候 我 母親 並不知道 我 父親 將來 會到 哪裡
So my mom wasn't sure about where my dad gonna be in the end.
因為 經歷 戰爭 的 時候
In wartimes,
很多 事情 你 是 無法 想像 的
things were unpredictable.
所以 我 母親 那 時候 懷了孕
My mom was pregnant,
她 也 決定 生下 我
and she decided to give birth to me.
但是 我 父親 回到 美國 去 了
But my dad went back to the U.S.
從此 我們 有 很多年 的 時間 沒有 見面
So we were separated for years.
那 母親 的 哀傷 就 像 我 在 講的
My mom was sorrowful.
當 我們 的 父母親 , 尤其 是 母親
When our parents, especially our mothers,
媽媽 跟 小孩 的 關係 是 最 貼近 的
who children often feel close to,
當 我們 的 母親 不 快樂 的 時候
are not happy,
我們 這些 貼心 的 孩子 一直 會 承受
we thoughtful children know and carry the sorrow.
最 多 就是 到 外面 去 找 人家 打 打架
We may fight with others outside
把 那個 不 愉快 , 找 一個 地方 出口
in order to find a outlet of the sorrow.
但是 很多 人像 我 這樣
But for many children like me,
只有 媽媽 跟 我 的 時候 沒有 兄弟 姊妹 可以 吵
who only have their mother and no siblings to fight with,
我 也 沒有 鄰居 可以 去 吵架
因為 我 沒有 後盾
because i have no backing
也 不敢 跟 媽媽 說 我 到底 受 了 什麼 傷
who dare not to tell their mother they are hurt
因為 怕 媽媽 難過
because they don't want to sadden their mother,
所以 很多 的 委屈 我 就 這樣 吞下來 了
they endure everything.
我 現在 要問 各位 一個 很 重要 的 問題
Here's an important question
也許 大家 可以 思考 一下
for you to think about.
如果 你 母親 過得 很 哀傷 的話
If your mother was sorrowful,
你 敢 快樂 嗎 ?
how dare you be happy?
這個 問題 我們 可以 仔細 思考
Think carefully about it.
所以 很多 的 人 在 談 說
Many people say
我 想要 幸福 , 我要 幸福
"I want happiness."
它 很 困難 因為 你 不敢 面對 那個 背叛
It's difficult because you dare not to face the betrayal.
如果 你 的 母親 一輩子 所 呈現 出來 的 是 悲傷 , 是 哀傷 , 是 落寞
If your mother was lonely, sad, sorrowful,
你 敢 快樂 嗎 ?
how dare you be happy?
所以 這是 我 走進 身 心靈 領域 之後 我 很 仔細 去 思考 的
This is what I've been thinking carefully on my road home.
然後 我 把 所有 的 問題
I attributed every problem
碰到 任何 的 問題 我 都 覺得 就是 因為 我 沒 爸爸
to one cause. Because I didn't have my dad with me.
我 如果 有 爸爸 , 今天 就 不 一樣
Everything would be different if he's with me.
因此 我 沒有 自信
So I wasn't confident.
我 把 所有 的 問題 都 歸咎 在 我 沒有 爸爸 上面
I attributed every problem to my dad
一直 到 我 結了婚 之後
until my first marriage.
我 的 第一段 婚姻 非常 ...
My first marriage was...
我 現在 回過頭來 想想看 , 真的 很 汗顏
In retrospect, I feel embarrassed.
你 想 兩個 來自 單親家庭 的 孩子
To think, two people both from a single-parent family
渴望 幸福美滿 的 日子
longed for happiness.
他們 怎麼 創造 出 幸福美滿 的 日子 呢 ?
But how could they create a happy family?
他們 沒有 榜樣 啊 !
They didn't have an example to follow.
除非 你 覺醒 , 除非 你 知道 問題 在 哪裡
Unless they awake, find the core of the problem,
除非 你 開始 自省 否則 你 永遠 不 可能 走出
and start to reflect, they could never find happiness.
一個 幸福 的 康莊大道
為 什麼 ? 不 只 我們 的 父母親 不是 我們 的 榜樣
Why? They didn't have their parents as role models.
我們 再 左顧右盼
They even looked around but didn't find any.
我們 再 看一看 旁邊 榜樣 也 很少
有錢 人家 的 小孩 可能 面對 父母親 的 爭執 的 問題 更 多
Children in wealthy families may have more chance seeing their parents fight
因為 金錢 又 是 另外 一個 家庭 裡面 很 有 可能 製造 的 問題
because money is another element that causes family problems.
所以 當我 自己 走 在 婚姻 的 道路 上 的 時候
When I was in the marriage,
我 才 看見 原來 我 在 那個 冰山 的 底層
I saw the hidden part of me below the surface.
有 多 大 一部 份 的 我 是 我 不 認識 的
A huge part of me which I didn't know.
當我 發起 怒來 的 時候 我 講起 那個 話 真的 很 難聽
I said really bad things when I was angry
但是 那 時候 我 認為 我 是 來自 正義 , 我 是 對 的
because I thought I was representing justice.
所以 那個 對 的 的 態度 把 我 帶 往
So the attitude of being right
我 必須 要 開始 去 思考
made me to think about
到底 什麼 是 對
what is right exactly?
後來 我 從 一個 搖搖晃晃 的 婚姻
I left the staggering marriage
我 離開 了 婚姻
我 回到 自己 開始 看看 問題 到底 出 在 哪裡
and looked back on myself and tried to find the core of the problem.
我 開始 學會 愛 自己
I started to learn to love myself.
什麼 叫 愛 自己 ?
What is to love myself?
剛 開始 的 時候 並不 容易
It wasn't easy at first.
但是 我 有 一個 很 好 的 老師
But I have good teachers,
就是 我 的 孩子
my children.
我 想 很多 做 媽媽 爸爸 的 人 都 知道
I think many parents can understand this.
愛 自己 怎麼 愛 ? 不 懂
How to love myself? I didn't know.
但是 後來 有 一天 我 在 一個 思考 的 情況 之下
But one day, when I was at a loss
那 時候 面對 婚姻 自己 不 知道 如何 經營 下去
about how to manage my marriage.
但是 我 只有 一個 想法 , 我 的 想法 是
I thought,
如果 今天 碰到 這樣 狀況 的 人 是 我 的 孩子
what if it is my children facing this situation,
那 我 應該 怎麼 做 ?
what should I do?
與其 我 講給 他 聽 道理
Instead of telling them how to do it,
倒不如 我 做給 他 看
it's better for me to show them.
所以 從 那個 時候 開始 我 才 開始 慢慢 懂得 說
So from then on, gradually I understand
怎麼樣 因為 我 愛 孩子 而 轉過 頭來 愛我 自己
how to love myself because I love my children.
愛 自己
Always remember to love yourself.
這是 我 公公 婆婆
This is my parents in law.
他們 在 婚姻 裡 72 年 非常 恩愛
They've been in a loving marriage for 72 years.
所以 在 這裡面
So,
從 我 後來 認識 我 現在 的 先生 之後
after I met my current husband,
從 他 跟 他 父母親 的 關係
seeing their loving relationship
我 開始 瞭解 什麼 叫 愛 自己
I started to know what "loving myself" is all about.
這是 我 先生
This is my husband.
他 是 我 所 看過 全世界 最愛 自己 的 人
He's the person who loves himself the most I've ever seen in the world.
為 什麼 ?
Why?
他 的 體重 從 當兵 到 現在 65 歲 沒有 增加 過
He didn't gain any weight after his military service until aged 65 now.
來 , 起立 , 讓 我們 大家 看一看
Please stand up for us to look at you.
他 每天 運動 而且 他 吃 東西
He exercises everyday and for diet,
選擇 的 很 仔細
he chooses carefully.
一點點 不 健康 的 東西 他 都 不吃
He eats nothing unhealthy.
為 什麼 ? 因為 他 很 愛他 的 父母親
Why? Because he loves his parents.
他 知道 身體髮膚 受 之 父母
He knows that his body is derived from his parents and he must not wound it.
只有 一個 真的 愛 父母親 真的 敬畏 父母親 的 時候
He truly loves and respects his parents,
知道 他們 一生 的 辛苦
and knows how much they did for him,
知道 他們 一生 的 辛勞
知道 多麼 不 容易 把 生命 傳給 了 我們
how hard they made him the person he is now,
所以 他 很 珍惜 父母親 給他 的 生命
so he cherishes himself very much.
所以 從 他 身上 我 開始 學會 愛 自己
From him, I learned to love myself.
然後 在 親密關係 當中
In our intimate relationship,
我們 兩個 也 放下 了 輸贏
we let go of winning and losing.
我 每次 有 爭執 的 時候
Whenever we fight,
我 就 說好 , 算 你 贏好 了
I would just tell him: okay, you win.
他 就 閉嘴 了
Then he will shut up.
這 一招 很 好 用
This is very useful.
因為 我 深深 瞭解 我 不想 爭 輸贏
Because I know clearly that I don't want to win.
我 想要 和平
I want peace.
所以 在 我們 的 互動 當中
So in the relationship,
我們 彼此 也 學習 和平 的 重要
we both learn the importance of peace.
在 我們 之間 的 和平 裡
and in our peace,
創造 了 兩個 快樂 幸福 的 孩子
we create two happy children.
來 , 可以 請 你們 站 起來 嗎 ?
Would you please stand up?
我 真以 你們 為傲
I'm so proud of you guys.
上面 這句 話 也 就是 為 什麼 我 一定 要愛我 自己
This is also the reason why I have to love myself.
一個 不 快樂 的 母親 是 養不出 快樂 的 孩子 來 的
An unhappy mother cannot rear happy children.
不 可能 , 他們 需要 榜樣
It's impossible. They need role models.
他們 需要 知道 什麼 叫 快樂
Children need to know what happiness is.
不是 賺錢 , 看 數字 就 可以 快樂
Money cannot teach them happiness.
他 真的 需要 一個 看到 榜樣 , 快快樂樂 的 人
Children really need to role models. They need to see happy people.
這 世界 上 有錢人 很多 但是 幸福快樂 的 人 實在 是 太少 了
But there are many wealthy people but few truly happy men.
各位 今天 能夠 在 這裡
Everyone here is a pioneer.
我們 都 是 pioneer 先驅
你們 如果 不是 pioneer 先驅 你 不 會來
You won't be here if you are not.
你 必須 要 讓 自己 快樂 起來
You have to make yourself happy first.
只有 快樂 的 人才 能 創造 快樂 的 世界
Only happy people can create a happy world.
不 快樂 的 人 只會 創造 不 快樂 的 世界
Unhappy people only can create an unhappy world.
這是 我 母親 最後 在 病床 上 一個 禮拜 的 時間
This photo was taken in my mother's last week.
我 母親 後來 癌症 過世
She died of cancer.
我 母親 最後 的 時候 , 她 讓 我 看到
In her last moments, she told me,
媽媽 告訴 你 , 你 要 把 自己 照顧 好
"I want you to take good care of yourself."
我 答應 她
And I promised her.
我 說 我會 把 你 全世界 最愛 的 女兒 照顧 好
I promised to take good care of her beloved daughter.
所以 我 沒有 其他 的 選擇
So I have no other choice.
我 只有 好好 愛 自己
I must love myself.
當我 母親
When my mom...
為 什麼 我會 說 感恩 是 一切 力量 的 來源
Being grateful is the source of all powers.
我 母親 在 最後 要 往生 之前
At the very moments before her death,
她 打電話 給 所有 她 心裡面 她 最愛 的 朋友
my mom called all the friends she deeply loved
告訴 他們 謝謝 你 , 我愛你 讓 我 這 一生 過得 精彩
and told them thank you. I love you. Thank you for making my wonderful life.
這是 我 母親 過世 之後 我畫 的 一幅 畫
I painted this after my mom's death.
我 經常 在 繪畫 當中 走入 母親 的 世界
I often enter my mom's world when painting.
這 就是 盡心
In that soul world,
在 那個 盡心 的 世界 裡面 沒有 距離
there's no distance between my mom and me.
媽媽 跟 我 永遠 都 在 一塊 即使 到 現在
We are together.
我 都 可以 感覺 到 來自 她 的 指示
Even now I can feel her guide.
我 愛賴佩霞 , 走 了 30 多年 自我 成長 的 道路
I love Lai Pei-Hsia. I've been on my way home for over 30 years.
那 你 呢 ? 我 當然 希望 你 也 很 愛我
I don't know about you. But of course I hope you love me.
但是 重點 不在 這裡
But that's not the point.
重點 是 我 希望 你們 也 可以 走 到 回家 的 道路
The point is that I hope you can all back on your way home.
也許 你 的 路 走 起來 比較 辛苦
Maybe yours can be more difficult.
但是 你 沒有 別的 道路
But you got no other choice.
只有 當 我們 真的 能夠 跟 父母 祥和 , 和平 的 時候
Only when we make peace with our parents
你 才 有 可能 真正 的 喜歡 自己
can we really like ourselves.
沒有 一個 人會 喜歡 不 敬重 自己 父母親 的 人
No one like people who don't respect his/her parents.
不管 你 的 父母親 是 販夫走卒
It doesn't matter if your parents are venders,
甚至 你 有 可能 是 小 三生 的 甚至 你 有 可能 是 私生子
your mother is a mistress and you are an illegitimate child,
甚至 你 有 可能 父母親 還在 坐牢 呢
or your parents are in jail.
但是 你 沒有 其他 的 選擇
You have no other choice.
你 只有 回去 , 謝謝 他們 還給 他們 一個 公道
You have to go back and thank them. Give them a fair judge.
那個 公道 是 什麼 ?
What's a fair judge?
因為 我 賴佩霞 今天 可以 站 在 這裡
Because I, Lai Pei-Hsia, can't be here today
有 三個 元素
without three elements.
一個 我 爸爸 , 一個 我 媽媽
My dad, my mom and God's divine arrangement.
還有 老天爺 的 成全
And God's fulfillment
當我 開始 喜歡 了 自己 之後
When I start to love myself,
我 都 喜歡 了 這三大 元素
I love all these three elements.
所以 賴佩霞 在 這裡 祝福 各位
So Lai Pei-Hsia would like to wish you
早點 回家 , 愛 自己
start your journey home early and love yourself.
謝謝
Thank you.