閒談 美國 獨立 史 (5) : 為何 美國 獨立 4 年後才 制定 憲法 ? | # 陳 力簡 | # 熱點 互動 # 方菲 04/30/2021 (4)
Casual Talk on American Independence History (5): Why did the United States not establish a constitution until 4 years after independence? | # Chen Lijian | # Hotspot Interaction # Fang Fei 04/30/2021 (4)
然後 給 他 排座位 的 時候 就 肯定 排 的 最差 的 他 覺得 特別 不爽
then|give|him|arrange seating|possessive particle|when|then|definitely|arranged|possessive particle|worst|possessive particle|he|feels|especially|unhappy
Then when it came time to assign him a seat, he was definitely given the worst one, which made him feel particularly unhappy.
關鍵 是 他 沒有 話語權 是 怎麼 著 呢 ?
key|is|he|does not have|right to speak|is|how|to be|question particle
The key is that he has no say in the matter, so what’s going on?
當時 美國 沒有 國防軍 所以 雖然 把 英國 打敗 了 是 那麼 回事
at that time|the United States|did not have|national defense army|so|although|(particle indicating the action of a verb)|Britain|defeated|past tense marker|is|that|situation
At that time, the United States did not have a national defense army, so even though they defeated the British, it was still a big deal.
但是 人家 不 把 你 當成 一個 有 實力 的 競爭對手
but|they|not|(verb particle)|you|regard as|a|having|ability|(possessive particle)|competitor
But they don't see you as a strong competitor.
就是 不 把 你 當成 世界 上 的 一強 不是 列強 之一
it means|not|to treat|you|as|world|on|possessive particle|a strong power|is not|great power|one of
They don't see you as one of the strong powers in the world.
所以 你 說話 不管 用 你 說 什麼 話 尤其 是 當 外交官 的 人 非常 反感 這 東西
so|you|speaking|no matter|useful|you|say|what|words|especially|is|when|diplomat|possessive particle|people|very|dislike|this|thing
So whatever you say doesn't matter; especially for those who are diplomats, they are very averse to this.
本來 該 輪到 我 發言 了 說 你 這個 意見 不 重要 你 改 別人 了
originally|should|turn|I|speak|past tense marker|said|you|this|opinion|not|important|you|changed|others|past tense marker
It was originally my turn to speak, but they said your opinion is not important, you should change it to someone else's.
就 覺得 自己 沒有 受到 尊重 關鍵 是 美國 的 利益 沒 人 保護
then|feel|oneself|not|received|respect|key|is|America|possessive particle|interests|no|one|protection
I just feel that I am not respected; the key is that American interests are not protected.
像 海外 商船隊 碰上 什麼 事兒 你 找 人
like|overseas|merchant fleet|encounter|what|issue|you|find|person
Like when overseas merchant ships encounter something, you look for help.
當地 政府 說 你 美國 沒聽說過 或者 你們 也 不 重要
local|government|said|you|America|haven't heard of|or|you (plural)|also|not|important
The local government says, 'We haven't heard of you Americans' or 'You are not important either.'
我們 先 照顧 英國 的 利益 他 搞 這 玩意兒
we|first|take care of|the UK|possessive particle|interests|he|mess with|this|thing
We will take care of British interests first; they are the ones doing this.
所以 說 他們 是 強烈 支持 要 成立 美國 國防軍 的 你 知道 吧 是 這麼 個 道理
so|said|they|are|strongly|support|to|establish|United States|defense force|possessive particle|you|know|suggestion particle|is|this|measure word|reason
So, they strongly support the establishment of the United States Defense Force, you know, that's the reasoning behind it.
這些 人 還有 是 商人 、外交官 還有 軍人
these|people|and|are|businessmen|diplomats|and|soldiers
These people are also businessmen, diplomats, and military personnel.
這些 人 都 是 要 支持 成立 一個 大 政府 的
these|people|all|are|want to|support|establish|a|big|government|(possessive particle)
These people all want to support the establishment of a large government.
就是 成立 一個 中央政府 應該 說 national government
that is|establish|a|central government|should|say||
That is to say, the establishment of a central government, which should be referred to as a national government.
不能 說 大 政府 是 national government 能夠 收稅 、能夠 發行 貨幣
cannot|say|big|government|is|national|government|able to|collect taxes|able to|issue|currency
It cannot be said that a big government is a national government that can collect taxes and issue currency.
然後 能夠 有 軍隊 的 他們 都 有 這個 共識
then|able to|have|army|possessive particle|they|all|have|this|consensus
And they all have this consensus that they can have an army.
但 你 光 這 共識 沒什麼 用 因為 什麼 呢 ?
but|you|only|this|consensus|not much|use|because|what|question particle
But this consensus alone is not very useful, because why?
假如 你 走 現在 的 程序 比如說 我 提出 了
if|you|walk|now|possessive particle|procedure|for example|I|proposed|past tense marker
If you follow the current procedures, for example, I propose that...
我們 要 通過 一個 憲法 好 通過 憲法 你 走 這個 邦聯 的 框架
we|want|pass|a|constitution|well|pass|constitution|you|follow|this|confederation|possessive particle|framework
We need to pass a constitution, and to pass the constitution, you have to follow the framework of the confederation.
你 用 邦聯 的 框架 十三個 州 都 同意 然後 通過 憲法 這才行
you|use|Confederation|possessive particle|framework|thirteen|states|all|agreed|then|passed|constitution|this is the only way
Using the framework of the confederation, all thirteen states must agree before the constitution can be passed.
這個 路 絕對 走 不通
this|road|absolutely|walk|not passable
This path is absolutely not feasible.
像 羅德島 、紐約 這些 州 肯定 會 反對 這 沒什麼 說 的
like|Rhode Island|New York|these|states|definitely|will|oppose|this|nothing|to say|particle
States like Rhode Island and New York will definitely oppose this, no doubt about it.
所以 他們 說 我們 轉個 辦法
so|they|said|we|find a|solution
So they said, let's find a way.
號召 以 維吉尼亞 議會 當時 維吉尼亞 議會 是 大州 咱們 都 說過
call|by|Virginia|legislature|at that time|Virginia|legislature|was|large state|we|all|have talked about
They called on the Virginia Assembly, which at that time was a major state, as we have all mentioned.
以 維吉尼亞 議會 要求 我 來 打 這個 第一炮 說 怎麼 著 ?
by|Virginia|legislature|requested|I|to come|fire|this|first shot|say|how|about
They asked the Virginia Assembly to let me fire the first shot, saying, what do you think?
說 咱們 希望 能夠 通過 一個 協商 機制 來 形成 一個 各州 之間 商業 利益 的 一個 秩序
say|we|hope|can|through|a|negotiation|mechanism|to|form|a|each state|between|commercial|interests|possessive particle|a|order
They said we hope to establish an order of commercial interests among the states through a negotiation mechanism.
在 邦聯 框架 內 咱們 商量 一下 商業 利益 這些 事
in|confederation|framework|within|we|discuss|a little|business|interests|these|matters
Let's discuss business interests within the framework of the Confederation.
就是說 各州 之間 的 貿易 紐約 跟 新澤西 就 因為 一個 港口 的 使用 兩方 都 動手 了
that is to say|each state|between|possessive particle|trade|New York|and|New Jersey|then|because|one|port|possessive particle|use|both parties|both|took action|past tense marker
That is to say, trade between the states, New York and New Jersey have both taken action over the use of a port.
當時 都 到 這種 程度 然後 維吉尼亞 說 你們 別 掐 了
at that time|all|to|this kind of|extent|then|Virginia|said|you (plural)|don't|pinch|past tense marker
At that time, it had reached such a level, and then Virginia said, 'Stop fighting.'
咱們 坐在 一起 咱們 商量 一下 吧 然後 大家 就 說 那 就 商量 吧
we|sit|together|we|discuss|a little|suggestion particle|then|everyone|then|said|that|then|discuss|suggestion particle
Let's sit down together and discuss it, and then everyone said, 'Alright, let's discuss it.'
這個 就是 當時 在 1786 年 要 召開 的 安納波利斯 會議
this|is|at that time|in|year|to|convened|past tense marker|Annapolis|conference
This is the Annapolis Convention that was to be held in 1786.
安納波利斯 會議 大家 就 沒 當 回事兒
Annapolis|meeting|everyone|then|not|take seriously|matter
Everyone didn't take the Annapolis Convention seriously.
大家 沒說 我們 要 組織 憲法 就是 要開 憲法 沒提 這 事兒
everyone|didn't say|we|need to|organize|constitution|just|need to open|constitution|didn't mention|this|matter
No one said we need to organize a constitution, it was just about opening the constitution, this was not mentioned.
壓根 就 沒 提說 咱們 商業 秩序 結果 五個 州 到 那兒 了
at all|then|not|mentioned|our|business|order|result|five|states|arrived|there|past tense marker
It wasn't even mentioned that we needed to discuss our commercial order, and as a result, five states showed up there.
大家 就 說 咱們 一 聚頭 咱們 成立 個 憲法 吧
everyone|then|said|we|one|get together|we|establish|a|constitution|suggestion particle
Everyone said let's gather and establish a constitution.
然後 那 幾個 州 沒 當 回事兒 還在 路上 走 呢
then|those|several|states|not|take seriously|matter|still|on the road|walking|question particle
Then those few states didn't take it seriously and were still on their way.
然後 幾個 人 就 說 咱們 得 成立 一個 憲法
then|a few|people|then|said|we|must|establish|a|constitution
Then a few people said we need to establish a constitution.
當時 就 被 這些 所有 支持 成立 憲法 的 這幫 人 立憲派 這幫 人 給 控制 了 這 五個 州
at that time|then|was|these|all|support|establishment|constitution|(possessive particle)|this group|people|constitutionalists|this group|people|by|controlled|past tense marker|these|five|states
At that time, these five states were controlled by all these people who supported the establishment of the constitution, the constitutionalists.
然後 大家 說 那 怎麼辦 呢 ?等等 那些 州 ?不等 不等
then|everyone|said|that|what to do|question particle|wait|those|states|not waiting|not waiting
Then everyone said, what should we do? Wait, what about those states? No waiting, no waiting.
那些 州 來 了 之後 咱們 就 沒法 聊天 了 然後 說 咱 怎麼辦 ?
those|states|arrive|past tense marker|after|we|then|unable to|chat|past tense marker|then|said|we|what to do
After those states come, we won't be able to chat anymore, and then we will say, what should we do?
先 起草 一個 對
first|draft|a|response
Let's draft one first.
咱們 能不能夠 號稱 大陸 會議 ?咱們 五洲 夠了
we|can or cannot|claim|mainland|conference|we|five continents|are sufficient
Can we claim to be the mainland conference? We have enough from the five continents.
咱們 能 不能 號稱 以 大陸 會議 的 名義 召集 咱們 開 一個 憲法 ?
we|can|cannot|claim|in the name of|mainland|meeting|possessive particle|capacity|convene|we|hold|a|constitution
Can we claim to convene a constitutional meeting in the name of the mainland conference?
就是 咱們 今年 安納波利斯 開 不 下去 到 這兒 就 吵架
it is just|we|this year|Annapolis|drive|not|go down|to|here|then|argue
It's just that we can't hold the Annapolis meeting this year, and now we're just arguing here.
咱們 明年 再說 行不行 ?然後 這幫 人 使 了 個 手段 是 怎麼 著 ?
we|next year|talk again|is that okay|then|this group|people|used|past tense marker|a|trick|is|how|doing
Can we talk about it again next year? And then what kind of trick did these people use?
給 大陸 會議 出 了 個 函 說 什麼 呢 ?
to|mainland|meeting|send|past tense marker|a|letter|say|what|question particle
What did they send to the mainland conference in a letter?
我們 這 五個 州 覺得 咱們 大陸 會議 應該 召集 一下 大家
we|these|five|states|feel|we (inclusive)|mainland|meeting|should|gather|briefly|everyone
We five states think that the Continental Congress should convene everyone.
起草 一份 聯邦 的 憲法 文件 讓 大陸 會議 起草
draft|a|federal|possessive particle|constitution|document|let|mainland|conference|draft
Draft a federal constitution document for the Continental Congress to draft.
大陸 會議 一看 這事 你 看 五個 州 都 提議 了 那 我 可以 讓 大家 談
mainland|meeting|at a glance|this matter|you|see|five|states|all|proposed|past tense marker|then|I|can|let|everyone|discuss
Once the Continental Congress sees this matter, they will see that all five states have proposed it, so I can let everyone discuss.
反正 坐在 一塊兒 談唄
anyway|sitting|together|let's talk
Anyway, let's just sit together and talk.
於是 這 五個 州 就 擴大 成 了 以 十三個 州 的 名義 召開 大陸 會議
then|these|five|states|then|expanded|into|past tense marker|in the name of|thirteen|states|possessive particle|name|convened|mainland|conference
So these five states expanded to convene a continental congress in the name of thirteen states.
然後 回頭 才 有 下 一年 的 1787 年 五月份 召開 的 制憲會議
then|looking back|only|had|next|year|possessive particle|year|in May|held|possessive particle|Constitutional Convention
Then, looking back, there was the Constitutional Convention held in May of the following year, 1787.
這個 制憲會議 的 邀請 不是 以 這個 五個 州 的 名義 發起 的
this|constitutional convention|possessive particle|invitation|is not|in the name of|this|five|states|possessive particle|name|initiated|particle indicating past action
The invitation to this Constitutional Convention was not initiated in the name of these five states.
是 這個 五個 州 向 國會 邀請 說 你 以 國會 的 名義 要求 所有 的 十三 州
is|this|five|states|to|Congress|invitation|said|you|in the name of|Congress|possessive particle|name|request|all|possessive particle|thirteen|states
It was these five states that invited Congress, saying that you, in the name of Congress, should request all thirteen states.
請 十三 州 有頭有臉 的 人 開 一下 會 代表
please|thirteen|states|respectable|possessive particle|person|open|a little|meeting|representative
Please have prominent people from the thirteen states hold a meeting to represent.
這個 就 變成 了 登堂入室
this|then|became|past tense marker|to enter the inner sanctum
This has now become a formal entry.
成為 一個 正規 的 組織 而 不 簡簡單單 的 一個 我 個人 名義 發起 的 那 沒有 什麼 用
become|a|formal|possessive particle|organization|and|not|just|possessive particle|a|I|personal|name|initiated|possessive particle|that|has no|anything|use
It has become a legitimate organization rather than just something initiated in my personal capacity, which is of no use.
得以 大陸 會議 的 名義 發起 才 有用
able to|mainland|meeting|possessive particle|name|initiate|only|useful
Only by initiating it under the name of the mainland conference is it useful.
對 所以 1787 年 五月 這個 十三個 州 的 代表
right|so|year|May|this|thirteen|states|possessive particle|representatives
So in May 1787, the representatives of these thirteen states
一共 五十五個 代表 是 吧 就 聚 在 了 費城
a total of|fifty-five|representatives|are|suggestion particle|then|gathered|in|past tense marker|Philadelphia
a total of fifty-five representatives gathered in Philadelphia.
然後 正式 地 開 了 這個 制憲會議
then|officially|adverbial particle|opened|past tense marker|this|constitutional convention
Then they officially opened this Constitutional Convention.
所以 這個 基本上 一直 開 到 九月 四個 月 然後 這個 憲法 就 出籠 了
so|this|basically|continuously|open|until|September|four|months|then|this|constitution|then|be released|past tense marker
So this basically lasted until September for four months, and then the Constitution was born.
憲法 之後 然後 又 什麼 權利 法案 在 一 、兩年 後 又 有 權利 法案
constitution|after|then|again|what|rights|bill|in|one|two years|later|again|have|rights|bill
After the Constitution, what rights bills were there one or two years later?
然後 憲法 和 權利 法案 的 內容 權利 法案 其實 就是 憲法 的 前 十 條 修正案
then|constitution|and|rights|bill|possessive particle|content|rights|bill|actually|is|constitution|possessive particle|first|ten|articles|amendments
The content of the Constitution and the rights bills is actually the first ten amendments of the Constitution.
憲法 本身 也 是 非常 重要 所以 我們 這 一集 就 先 談到 這兒
constitution|itself|also|is|very|important|so|we|this|episode|then|first|talk about|here
The Constitution itself is also very important, so we will stop here for this episode.
就 說 這個 制憲會議 召開 了 下 一集 其實 也 是 我們 這個 系列 的 最後 一集
then|said|this|constitutional assembly|convened|past tense marker|next|episode|actually|also|is|we|this|series|possessive particle|last|episode
This means that the constitutional convention has been convened; the next episode will actually be the last episode of our series.
我們 就 來 談一談 這個 制憲會議
we|then|will|have a talk about|this|constitutional convention
Let's talk about this constitutional assembly.
他 這個 制定 憲法 的 過程 到底 有 多 充滿 了 火藥味 也好
he|this|drafting|constitution|possessive particle|process|exactly|has|how much|filled|past tense marker|tension|is fine
How filled with tension was the process of drafting the constitution?
還是 怎麼 也好 他 怎麼 就 能 產生 了 一部 憲法 ?
or|how|it's fine|he|how|then|able to|produce|past tense marker|a|constitution
How could it possibly result in a constitution?
然後 憲法 和 這個 權利 法案 它 到底 有 什麼 特殊 之 處 ?
then|constitution|and|this|rights|bill|it|exactly|has|what|special|possessive particle|aspect
And what is special about the constitution and the bill of rights?
好吧 那 我們 覺得 最後 一集 來 談 這個 內容
okay|then|we|feel|last|episode|to|discuss|this|content
Alright, then we think we should discuss this content in the final episode.
今天 這 一集 先 還是 談到 這兒 了
today|this|episode|first|still|talked about|here|past tense marker
Today, this episode will end here.
好 的 好 好 謝謝 陳 教授 謝謝 主持人
Okay, thank you, Professor Chen, thank you, host.
好 觀眾 朋友 感謝您 收看 我們 下次 節目 再見
good|audience|friend|thank you|watching|we|next time|program|goodbye
Alright, dear viewers, thank you for watching, see you next time.
SENT_CWT:AFkKFwvL=4.48 PAR_TRANS:gpt-4o-mini=21.75
en:unknowd
openai.2025-02-07
ai_request(all=95 err=0.00%) translation(all=76 err=0.00%) cwt(all=897 err=2.90%)