行動 教育 ,創意 體驗 :黃 韋嘉 (Wei-Chia Huang) at TEDxTaipei 2012
Mobile Bildung, kreative Erfahrung: Wei-Chia Huang bei TEDxTaipei 2012
Action Education, Creative Experience: Wei-Chia Huang at TEDxTaipei 2012
Éducation à l'action, expérience créative : Wei-Chia Huang à TEDxTaipei 2012
嗨 大家 好 , 沒想到 還是 被 破 梗
Hi everyone, I didn't expect the joke would be spoiled.
我 相信 所有人 站 到 這 台上
I believe all speakers standing on this stage
第一件 事 都 是 滿滿的 感謝
begin with expressing a lot of gratitude.
但是 我 第一件 事 一定 要 先 說 對不起
But I have to start with sorry.
因為 我 臨時 改變 了 主題
Because I changed my topic promptly.
為 什麼 呢 ? 因為 從 我 入選 以來
Why? Because from the moment I'm selected to give a speech,
一直 煩惱 的 一個 問題 就是
I've been thinking
如果 我 這輩子 可能 就 這麼 一次 機會 能 站上 這 舞台
that if this is my only time to stand on this stage,
那 我 到底 要講 什麼 ?
what am I gonna say?
最後 我 決定 要講 教育
Finally I decided to talk about education
然後 分享 一個 非常 熱血 的 故事
and share a very passionate story.
為 什麼 非常 熱血 呢 ?
Why is it passionate?
因為 它 就是 我 現在 正在 做 的 事情
Because it is the thing I'm doing now.
我 是 實習 老師 , 我 是 Leo 它 是 熱血 ing
I'm Leo, an intern teacher, and I'm doing this passionate thing.
從 我 每天 早上 睡覺 醒來 , 睜開眼睛
Every morning I wake up, open my eye
就是 這句 話
and start doing it.
既然 要講 教育 要 從 我 第一次 走進 學校 開始 講起
The topic is education, so we'll start from the first time I walked into the school.
不過 那 好像 有點 久 , 不過 沒關係
It may take a little bit long, but it's okay.
我 第一次 走進 教室
First time I walked into the classroom
這是 我 看起來 很 可愛 的 小朋友
and saw my very adorable students.
看起來 很 可愛 , 可是 手上 是 拿 什麼 ?
They look like angels, but what's in their hands?
一個 是 尺 , 一個 是 橡皮擦
A ruler and an eraser.
會 覺得 正常 啊 , 這是 一個 求學 的 工具
You may think it's normal for students to have their stationary.
但 這 兩件 事情 到 了 小朋友 手上 它 其實 是 個 凶器
But when these two things were in the students' hands, they became weapons.
我 不 知道 , 你們 可能 會 忘記
I don't know. You may have forgotten.
我 幫 你們 複習 一下
Let's review this.
當 你們 二年級 的 時候 他們 會 把 橡皮擦 放在 中間
When in your second grade, you put a ruler on an eraser and made a see-saw.
尺 就 放在 上面 另外 一個 橡皮擦 放上去 的 時候 就 碰 !
And you put another eraser on the ruler and beat with the fist. Bomb!
它 就 被 搥 起來 了 對 不 對
The eraser would fly off.
我 第一次 站 在 台上 面對 我 所有 二年級 的 小朋友
When the first time I stood on the stage, facing all my second-grade students,
說 大家 好 的 時候 沒有 人 理 我 耶 !
nobody paid attention to me!
就 碰 ! 碰 ! 碰 ! 碰 !
They kept playing. Bomb! Bomb! Bomb!
我 就 傻眼 了
I was dumbfounded.
但 身為 一個 很 有 創意 的 老師
But as a creative teacher,
我 要說 一件 事情 就是
I want to say that,
我 真的 是 靈光 一閃
an idea flashed through my mind.
我 就 說 小朋友 不要 急
I said "hey guys, cool your jets!
我們 今天 最後 一堂課
Today in our last class,
老師 辦 了 一個 " 飛越 吧 ! 橡皮擦 " 的 比賽
we'll have a flying eraser contest."
然後 小朋友 就 很 開心
And the students were happy.
但是 你們 現在 真的 不能 玩
"But you cannot play now."
為 什麼 呢 ? 因為 你們 現在 做 的話
"Why? Because if you do it now,
到時 分組 比賽 , 招式 就 會 被 別 組 抄 走
your competitors will know your secret movement!
招式 很 重要 , 你們 要 留著 要 得 冠軍
You gotta save it for the contest!"
他們 就 收 起來 了 耶 !
And all the students put away their weapons.
有時候 , 很 大聲 , 高 分貝 , 加大 怒吼 不見得 很 有用
Sometimes a high volume shouting does not work.
有時候 用 他們 的 語言 跟 他們 溝通 很 有效
Sometimes communicating with them in their own language is more effective.
然後 放學 第八節 課
And in the last class...
身為 一個 很 有 創意 的 老師 同時 也 要 很 誠實
As a creative teacher, you also have to be honest.
不然 怎麼 教會 小朋友 誠實 ?
Or how can you teach your students to be honest?
我 就 帶 他們 玩
I did hold the contest.
他們 就是 要 把 橡皮擦 搥 過 那個 氣窗
Their goal was to make their erasers fly through the high windows.
但是 這樣 一個 活動 看起來 很 簡單
Simple as this activity seemed to be,
在 當下 我 覺得 我 被 我 自己 的 事情 所 感動
I was moved.
因為 在 他們 分組 比賽 的 時候
Because during the contest,
我 聽到 小朋友 說 " 不是 這樣 啦 ! 是 這樣 啦 !" 在 那邊 搥
I heard students say you should try this and that.
他們 在 一次次 的 過程 中 發現
After several attempts they found
橡皮擦 的 位置 可能 有點 關鍵
the position of the eraser could be important.
是不是 要放 前面 一點 , 放 後面 一點
Should they move it more to the front or back?
他們 在 一次次 嘗試 的 過程 中 發現
They found in the attempts
好像 角度 有點 關係
that angel might matter too.
因為 碰 ! 就 直 直飛 起來 了
Because when they beat on the ruler, "Bomb!" And the eraser flew up straight,
然後 氣窗 在 那邊
but not to the high windows.
他們 可能 要調 一下
So they might need some adjustments.
他們 發現 好像 不是 用力 搥 就 有用
They realized that hitting hard didn't guarantee success.
我 覺得 跟 這句 話 很 像
I think it's quite true.
有時候 教育 也 是 , 教學 也 是 不 只是 用力 這樣
This also applies to education and teaching. Hitting hard didn't guarantee success.
講到 這裡 我 突然 很 想要 講 一個 我 很 敬佩 的 老師
Now I want to mention a teacher I admire very much.
他 叫 肯 ‧ 羅賓森 , 就是 Youtube 上 的
Ken Robinson. The one on Youtube. He said we have to go
他 曾 說過 " 我們 的 教育 應該 要 從 標準化 的 工業 模式 轉化 到 農業 模式 "
from an industrial model of education to one based more on principles of agriculture.
因為 未來 可能 甚至 有 68% 的 工作 現在 根本 都還不 存在
Because 68% of future jobs even don't exist now.
他 那個 時候 是 對 著 美國 的 教育 呼喊
His audience was the American educationalists.
但 台灣 呢 ? 我 想 應該 也 是
But how about Taiwan? I think the situation is the same.
我們 就 卡 在 這樣 一個 尷尬 的 時期
We are in an awkward period.
我們 承襲 了 集體主義 的 文化
We inherit collectivism
同時 大量 接受 個人主義 的 資訊
yet at the same time are largely exposed to individualism.
卡 在 一個 開發 中 與 已 開發 中 一個 尷尬 的 階段
We are in an awkward period between developing the developing and the developed.
我們 老師 是不是 應該 嘗試 新 東西 ?
So shouldn't we teachers try something new?
如果 我們 老師 都 不 願意 去 嘗試
If we don't even try,
我們 怎麼 教會 小朋友 創意 ?
how can we teach students to be creative?
福祿貝爾 有 說 教育 無 他 , 唯 愛 和 什麼 ?
As Friedrich Froebel said,
- 榜樣
education is nothing but a concern for love and what?
對 , 唯愛和 榜樣
所以 我們 要 教會 他們 創意
Yes, love and role models.
我們 是不是 要 嘗試 一些 新 的 方式
So shouldn't we try something new?
不 討論 這個 , 大家 可能 比較 想 知道 接下來 發生 什麼 事 對 不 對 ?
Let's go back. You may want to know what happened next.
接下去 其實 也 沒什麼
Well, nothing big actually.
教務主任 就 經過
The dean passed by
然後 我 就 默默 在 他 心裡面 被 記下 一筆
and kept this in mind quietly.
為 什麼 被 記下 一筆 ?
How do I know he kept this in mind?
因為 我 後來 就 帶 了 五年級 一堂 因數 和 倍數 的 課
Because I also had a factor and multiple class for fifth graders.
我 打開 教師 手冊 , 天 哪 ! 這麼 無聊 !
I opened the handbook for teacher. God, it's super boring!
十年 前 我 在 教 的 短 除法 現在 還是 短 除法
People still use short division as ten years ago!
我 想 現在 應該 大家 都 一樣
I think it's still used everywhere.
然後 我 想 說 那 我 要 發明 一個 新 的 遊戲
And I thought I could invent a new game.
我 就 發明 了 一個 很 像 大老二 的 撲克牌
I came up with a card game pretty like Big Two.
就 開始 發下去 , 發 三份
I dealt the three card sets
他們 就 在 那邊 玩
and they started playing.
第一個 人出 3, 第二個 人 可以 出 3 的 倍數
If the first person shows 3, the second one can show the multiples of 3
出 到 沒有 牌 為止
until there's no more multiple left.
第二個 人 沒牌 的話 可以 出 因數
And the second person can also show the factors.
我出 14, 下 一個 人 就 出 7, 出 1 這樣
For example. I show 14. And the second person can have 7 or 1 etc.
我 就 有 這樣 一個 構想
This was what I thought
就 來 做 實驗 , 反正 小朋友
and I put it into a real experiment with my students.
開始 玩 的 時候 , 他們 就 PK
They had to compete with each other.
我 看到 一件 事 我 想講 的
I want to especially mention one thing.
小朋友 間 的 同儕 教育 真的 很 重要
It's really important for children to interact with peers
因為 用 他們 自己 的 語言 溝通 最 有效
because communicating in their own language is one of the most effective ways to learn.
他們 在 第一組 的 時候 就 這樣
They did this during the very first round.
我 跟 你講 , 不要 跟 別人 講 ,1 超強 的
I'll share with you and you should tell no one. 1 is powerful.
因數 的 東西 就 帶進去 了
The concept of factor was in the game!
1 是 所有 數 的 因數 對 不 對
1 is the factor of all numbers.
因數 就 放進去 了
The concept of factor was there.
我 就 哎 ! 真的 耶 !
I was surprised.
這是 第一輪 的 時候
This was only the first round.
到 了 冠亞軍 的 時候 更酷
Things got even cooler when they got into the final.
我 那 時候 沒 想要 教 這種 東西
I didn't mean to teach them this.
他們 在 一次次 玩 的 過程 當中
When playing the game, they said,
我 跟 你講 , 那個 7,13,5 留下來
leave 7,13 and 5 to the very end.
那 是 王牌
They are the trump cards.
小朋友 沒什麼 他們 的 悄悄話 超級 大聲 的
Children are easy to understand. They speak secrets out loud.
我 就 聽到 就 覺得 很酷
I thought this was really cool
因為 質數 的 概念 大概 是 國中 才 要 教 的
because they aren't expected to learn prime numbers until junior high.
他們 國小 就 嘗試 到 這件 事情
But they already got a grasp of it in elementary school.
我 就 覺得 很爽 很 開心
I thought this was hella cool.
在 旁邊 看 , 幫 他們 拍照 這樣 子
I stood in aside and took pictures for them.
可是 那個 時候 是不是 被 默默 記了 一筆
But I was remembered before.
這個 時候 教務主任 又 出現 了
And the dean showed up again.
然後 下 一件 事 就是
What happened next was
韋嘉 老師 , 韋嘉 老師 , 請到 大 辦公室
"Mr. Weichia, please come to the main office."
我 覺得 很多 事情 沒什麼 不 一樣
I think many things remain the same.
小時候 做錯事 就 被叫 到 訓導處
When you get into trouble, you go to the office of student affairs while you are little.
長大 作 錯事 只是 換個 名字 , 換個 處室
When you grow up, the only difference is that you go to a different place.
我 就 走進 去 , 然後 老師 就 說
I walked in and the teacher said,
你 怎麼 可以 上課 教 小朋友 玩 撲克牌 ?
how could you teach children poker games in class?
我 說 老師 ... 校長 , 這是 教學
And I said "teacher...dean, I was teaching."
他 說 我 不管 你 現在 給我收 起來
He said "I don't want any reason. You should end it now!"
我 說 噢 , 是 , 已經 玩完 了
And I replied "Yes. The game is already finished."
你 知道 小朋友 回去 會 怎麼 說 嗎 ?
Do you know how will children tell their parents?
他們 會 說 老師 在 學校 教 我們 玩 撲克牌
They'll say our teacher taught us to play pokers in class!
我 就 說 噢 , 是 ...
I replied in an awkard way.
然後 就 布啦布啦 很多很多
And the dean just went on and on
跟 小時候 一樣
like what I experienced while I was little.
學校 就 傳 了 , 傳到 我 的 指導教授 那
And the news spread out to the whole school and finally to my instructor.
然後 我 就 又 被 徵召 了
And I was called up again.
那 時候 老師 就 這樣 拍拍 我 的 肩膀
My instructor patted me on the shoulder.
我 以 為 要 跟 我 說 什麼 很棒 的話
I thought he was going to say something nice.
老師 就 說 : 韋嘉 , 教育 實習 是 一個 讓 你 虛心 學習 的 地方
Instead, he said "Weichia, doing a teaching intern means you have to learn humbly,
不是 讓 你 一展長才 的 地方
not to show your talents."
然後 我 就
And I was like...
其實 當時 我 覺得 滿 難過 的
I felt very sad.
我 就 永遠 記得 那 時候
I always remember the moment.
但是 我 的 謝師宴 的 時候 老師 跟 我講 這 一句
But in my graduation dinner, my teacher told me
他 說 " 花圃 中 的 草 , 長 得 比較 高 的 那個 總是 被 割掉 的 那個 "
that the highest grass in a garden is always the first to get cut.
我 覺得 因為 這句 話 我 非常 難過
I felt very sad about these words.
但 也 因為 這句 話 我 站 在 這個 舞台 上
But I also stand here because of these words.
我 覺得 我們 的 教育 是 應該 有 不 一樣 的 方式
I think we should have a different way of education.
我會 希望 有 一天 這個 花圃 中 可能 沒有 推草機
I hope one day there will be no mower in the garden.
可能 這個 草 可以 亂長
Grass can grow freely in their way
甚至 有 一天 他 可以 開花
and even flower.
我 覺得 這是 我 很 想講 的
This is what I want to say.
最後 我 分享 一個 字 我 自己 創 的
At last, I want to share a word I invented.
我 還去 google 了 一下 , 發現 沒有 人用過
I even googled it to make sure it's not used before.
叫 Teacheative
Techeative.
我 想要 試著 說 ,
What I want to say is
教 創意 的 過程 , 幫 大家 回顧 一下
the process of teaching creativity. Let's review together.
所有 的 故事 就是 為 了講 這個 字
All the stories are for this word.
老師 是不是 要教 一個 有 創意 的 方式 跟 有 創意 的 東西
Teachers should teach something creative.
你 自己 覺得 無聊 的 東西 就 不要 再教 了
Don't teach something if you find it boring.
然後 第二件 事情 就是
And second is for parents.
家長 跟 你講 , 請 相信 老師 一下
Please have faith in teachers.
現在 的 老師 除了 想 教會 小朋友 算 對 答案 之外
Teachers nowadays want to teach children not only how to get the right answer
還想 試著 教會 他們 一些 思維 , 對 的 方式 還有 嘗試 可能 不同 的 答案
but also to think differently and try various possibilities.
相信 他 , 拜託 不要 常常 來 學校
Have some faith in them. Please don't come to school often.
第三件 事情 , 是 要 告訴 society
Third is for the society.
我 覺得 創意 是 需要 互動 , 溝通 , 激盪 的
I think creativity needs interaction, communication.
教學 也 是
So as teaching.
是否 我 可能 會 打破 文人相輕 的 觀念
I want to break of myth that scholars tend to despise one another.
大家 老師 就 在 自己 的 房間 裡面 什麼 事情 都 不會 發生
Nothing will happen if all teachers stay in their own room.
你 要 打開 這個 去 嘗試
They gotta step out and try.
最後 這句 話 我 也 很 喜歡 , 就 做 結論 好 了
I also like this saying a lot and I'll conclude my speech with it.
教育 本身 就是 鼓勵 嘗試 可能 的 過程
Education is a process where various possible attempts are encouraged.
從此 開始 , 才能 讓 天賦 自由
Only in this way can talents be freed.
謝謝 大家
Thank you.