The Little Prince 22 & 23 & 34
The Little Prince 22 & 23 & 34
The Little Prince 22 & 23 & 34
小王子 22, 23, & 24
“ 你好 。
“ 小王子 說道 。
“ 你好 。
“ 扳道 工 說道 。
said the switchman.
您 在 這裡 做 什麼 ?
“ 小王子 問 。
“ 我 一包 包地 分選 旅客 , 按 每千人 一包 。
"I sort passengers by the bag, one bag per thousand people.
“ 扳道 工說 ,「 我 打發 這些 運載 旅客 的 列車 , 一會 兒 發 往 右方 , 一會兒 發 往 左方 。
" said the switchman, "I send these passenger trains, now to the right, now to the left.
“ 這時 , 一列 燈火 明亮 的 快車 , 雷鳴般 地響 著 , 把 扳道 房震得 顫顫悠悠 。
"At this time, a brightly lit express train rang like thunder, shaking the switch house tremblingly.
“ 他們 真 匆忙 呀 ,” 小王子 說 ,“ 他們 要 尋找 什麼 ?
“ 開 機車 的 人 自己 也 不 知道 。
"The person who started the car didn't know it himself.
“ 扳道 工 說道 。
said the switchman.
於是 , 第二列 燈火通明 的 快車 又 朝著 相反 的 方向 轟隆轟隆 地開 過去 。
And so the second brightly lit express train rumbled away in the opposite direction.
“ 他們 怎麼 又 回來 了 呢 ?
"Why did they come back?
“ 小王子 問道 。
“ 他們 不是 原來 那些 人 了 。
"They're not the same people they used to be.
“ 扳道 工說 ,「 這是 一次 對開 列車 。
’ said the switchman, ‘this is a two-way train.
“ 他們 不 滿意 他們 原來 所住 的 地方 嗎 ?
"Aren't they happy with where they used to live?
人們 是 從來 也 不會 滿意 自己 所在 的 地方 的 。
People are never satisfied with where they are.
“ 扳道 工說 。
此時 , 第三 趟 燈火 明亮 的 快車 又 隆隆 而 過 。
At this time, the third brightly lit express train rumbled past.
“ 他們 是 在 追隨 第一批 旅客 嗎 ?
"Are they following the first travelers?
“ 小王子 問道 。
「 他們 什麼 也 不 追隨 」。
"They follow nothing".
“ 扳道 工說 ,「 他們 在 裡面 睡覺 , 或是 在 打哈欠 。
"The switchman said, "They are sleeping in there, or yawning.
只有 孩子 們 把 鼻子 貼 在 玻璃窗 上往 外 看 。
“ 只有 孩子 知道 他們 自己 在 尋找 什麼 。
"Only children know what they are looking for.
“ 小王子 說 ,” 他們 為 一個 布娃娃 花費 不少 時間 , 這 個 布娃娃 就 成 了 很 重要 的 東西 , 如果 有人 奪走 的 他們 的 布娃娃 , 他們 就 哭泣 ......” “ 他們 真 幸運 。
"The little prince said, "They spend a lot of time on a doll, which becomes very important, and if someone takes their doll away, they cry..." "They really Lucky.
“ 扳道 工說 。
“ 你好 。
小王子 說 。
“ 你好 。
「 商人 」 說道 。
這是 一位 販賣 能夠 止渴 的 精製 藥丸 的 商人 。
This is a merchant who sells refined pills that quench thirst.
每周 吞服 一丸 就 不會 感覺 口渴 。
“ 你 為 什麼 賣 這 玩藝兒 ?
"Why are you selling this stuff?
小王子 說 。
“ 這 就 大大 地 節約 了 時間 。
“ 商人 說 ,「 專家 們 計算 過 , 這樣 , 每周 可以 節約 五十三分鐘 。
said the businessman, "experts have calculated that fifty-three minutes per week can be saved in this way.
“ 那麼 , 用 這 五十三分鐘 做 什麼 用 ?
“ ” 隨便 怎麼 用 都行 ......” 小王子 自言自語 地說 :“ 我 如果 有 五十三分鐘 可支配 , 我 就 悠哉遊哉 地向 水泉 走 去 ......” 這 是 我 在 沙漠 上出 了 事故 的 第八天 。
"" You can use it however you like..." The little prince said to himself: "If I have fifty-three minutes to spare, I will walk leisurely to the fountain..." This is day eight of my accident in the desert.
我 聽 著 有關 這個 商人 的 故事 , 喝完 了 我 所 備用 的 最 後 一滴水 。
“ 啊 !
“ 我 對 小王子 說 ,「 你 回憶 的 這些 故事 真 美 」。
"I said to the little prince, 'These stories you recall are beautiful'.
可是 , 我還 沒有 修好 我 的 飛機 。
我 沒有 喝 的 了 , 假如 我能 悠哉遊哉 地 走 到 水泉 邊去 , 我 一定 也 會 很 高興 的 !
I've got nothing to drink, and I'd be glad if I could walk leisurely to the fountain!
“ 小王子 對 我 說 :” 我 的 朋友 狐狸 ......” “ 我 的 小傢伙 , 現在 還 說 什麼 狐狸 !
"The little prince said to me: "My friend the fox..." "My little fellow, what are you saying about the fox now!
“ 為 什麼 ?
“ 因為 這 就要 渴死 人 了 。
"Because it's going to kill you with thirst.
“ 他 不 理解 我 的 思路 , 他 回答 我道 : ” 即使 快要 死 了 , 有過 一個 朋友 也好 么 !
"He didn't understand my train of thought, and he replied: "Even if I'm about to die, it's good to have a friend!
我 就 為 我 有 過 一個 狐狸 朋友 而 感到 很 高興 ......” 「 他 不顧 危險 」。
I'm just glad I had a fox friend..." "He didn't care about the danger".
“ 我 自己 思量 著 ,” 他 從來不 知道 飢渴 。
"I thought to myself," He never knew hunger.
只要 有點 陽光 , 他 就 滿足 了 ......” 他 看著 我 , 答覆 著 我 的 思想 : “ 我 也 渴 了 ...... 我們 去 找 一口 井 吧 ......” 我 顯出 厭煩 的 樣子 : 在 茫茫 的 大 沙漠 上 盲目 地去 找 水井 , 真 荒唐 。
Just a little sunshine and he's content..." He looked at me and answered my thoughts: "I'm thirsty too... let's find a well..." I look bored: It's absurd to blindly look for a well in the vast desert.
然而 我們 還是 開始 去 尋找 了 。
當 我們 默默地 走 了 好幾個 小時 以後 , 天黑 了 下來 , 星星 開始 發出 光亮 。
由於 渴 我 有點 發 燒 , 我 看著 這些 星星 , 像是 在 做夢 一樣 。
I have a fever from thirst, and I look at these stars as if in a dream.
小王子 的話 在 我 的 腦海中 跳來跳去 。
“ 你 也 渴 嗎 ?
“ 我 問 他 。
他 卻 不 回答 我 的 問題 , 只是 對 我 說 : “ 水對心 也 是 有 益處 的 ......” 我 不 懂 他 的話 是 什麼 意思 , 可 我 也 不做聲 ...... 我 知道 不 應該 去 問 他 。
He didn't answer my question, but just said to me: "Water is also good for the heart..." I didn't understand what he meant, but I didn't make a sound... I I know I shouldn't ask him.
他 累 了 , 他 坐下 來 。
我 在 他 身旁 坐下 。
沉默 了 一會 , 他 又 說道 : “ 星星 是 很 美的 , 因為 有 一朵 人們 看不到 的 花 ......” 我 回答 道 :“ 當然 。
After being silent for a while, he said again: "The stars are beautiful, because there is a flower that people cannot see..." I replied: "Of course.
“ 而 我 默默地 看著 月光 下 沙漠 的 褶皺 。
"And I silently watched the folds of the desert in the moonlight.
“ 沙漠 是 美的 。
「 他 」 又 說道 。
確實 如此 。
Indeed.
我 一直 很 喜歡 沙漠 。
坐在 一個 沙丘 上 , 什麼 也 看不見 、 聽不見 。
Sitting on a sand dune, see nothing, hear nothing.
但是 , 卻 有 一 種 說不出 的 東西 在 默默地 放著 光芒 ...... “ 使 沙漠 更加 美麗 的 , 就是 在 某個 角落 裡 , 藏 著 一口 井 ......” 我 很 驚訝 , 突然 明白 了 為 什麼 沙漠 放著 光芒 。
However, there is an indescribable thing shining silently... "What makes the desert more beautiful is that there is a well hidden in a certain corner..." I was surprised , I suddenly understood why the desert was shining.
當 我 還是 一個 小孩子 的 時候 , 我 住 在 一座 古老 的 房子 裡 , 而且 傳說 , 這個 房子 裡 埋藏 著 一個 寶貝 。
當然 , 從來 沒有 任何人 能 發現 這個 寶貝 , 可能 , 甚至 也 沒有 人去 尋找 過 。
Of course, no one ever found this treasure, and probably, no one even looked for it.
但是 , 這個 寶貝 使 整個 房子 著 了 魔 似的 。
However, this treasure has enchanted the whole house.
我家 的 房子 在 它 的 心靈深處 隱藏 著 一個 秘密 ...... 我 對 小王子 說道 :“ 是 的 , 無論是 房子 , 星星 , 或是 沙漠 , 使 它們 美麗 的 東西 是 看不見 的 !
My house hides a secret in its heart... I said to the little prince: "Yes, whether it be a house, a star, or a desert, what makes them beautiful is invisible!
“ ” 我 真 高興 , 你 和 我 的 狐狸 的 看法 一樣 。
小王子 說 。
小王子 睡覺 了 , 我 就 把 他 抱 在 懷裡 , 又 重新 上路 了 。
我 很 激動 。
就 好象 抱 著 一個 脆弱 的 寶貝 。
It's like holding a fragile baby.
就 好象 在 地球 上 沒有 比 這 更 脆弱 的 了 。
As if there was nothing more fragile on earth.
我 借著 月光 看著 這 慘白 的 面額 , 這 雙 緊閉 的 眼 睛 , 這 隨風飄 動 的 绺 绺 頭髮 , 這時 我 對 自己 說道 :“ 我 所 看到 的 僅僅 是 外表 。
I looked at the pale face, the closed eyes, the wind-blown locks by the moonlight, and I said to myself, "I see only the appearance.
最 重要 的 是 看 不 見 的 ......” 由於 看到 他 稍稍 張開 的 嘴唇 露出 一絲 微笑 , 我 又 自言自語 地說 :“ 在 這個 熟睡 了 的 小王子 身上 , 使 我 非常 感動 的 , 是 他 對 他 那 朵花 的 忠誠 , 是 在 他 心中 閃爍 的 那朵 玫瑰花 的 形象 。
The most important thing is the invisible..." Seeing a smile on his slightly parted lips, I said to myself again: "I am very touched by this sleeping little prince." What is true is his devotion to his flower, the image of that rose that twinkles in his heart.
這 朵 玫瑰花 , 即使 在 小王子 睡著 了 的 時候 , 也 象 一盞燈 的 火焰 一樣 在 他 身上 閃耀 著 光輝 ......” 這 時 , 我 就 感覺 到 他 更加 脆弱 。
This rose, even when the little prince was asleep, shone brightly on him like the flame of a lamp..." At this moment, I felt that he was more vulnerable.
應該 保護 燈焰 : 一陣風 就 可能 把 它 吹滅 ...... 於是 , 就 這樣 走 著 , 我 在 黎明 時 發現 了 水井 。