55 - 一 間 新 房子
|measure word for a building||
55 - A New House
故事 五十五 : 一 個 新 房子
|fifty-five||||
Story Fifty-Five: A New House
薩莉 和 喬治 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 他們 的 兩 個 孩子 長大 了 。
Sally|||||||||||||||have grown up|
Sally and George want to buy a new house because their two children have grown up.
不幸 的 是 , 現在 買 新 房子 很 難 因為 房子 的 價錢 比 人們 的 收入 增長 的 快 。
unfortunate||||||||||||price||||income|||
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to buy a new house now because house prices are rising faster than people's incomes.
為 了 買 新 房子 , 他們 已經 存錢 好幾 年 了 。
|||||||saved money|several||
In order to buy a new house, they have been saving money for several years.
如果 他們 想 買 一 個 獨立 的 家庭 房 , 他們 需要 住 在 離 市區 很 遠 的 地方 。
||||||independent|||house||||||the city||||
If they want to buy a detached family home, they need to live far away from the city.
這 就 意味 著 對 他們 兩 個 人 都 是 很 長 的 通勤 時間 。
||means||||||||||||commute|
This means a long commuting time for both of them.
他們 看 了 看 公寓 但是 它們 不 是 太 小 就 是 他們 不 喜歡 那 個 小 區 。
They looked at apartments, but they were either too small or they didn't like that small area.
他們 意識 到 即使 他們 倆 都 努力 工作 而且 不 隨便 花錢 , 他們 還是 買不起 他們 想要 的 房子 。
|||even if||both||努力|||||spend money|||cannot afford||||
They realized that even if both of them worked hard and didn't spend money recklessly, they still couldn't afford the house they wanted.
他們 想 過 租 一 個 房子 , 但是 他們 還是 想 有 自己 的 房子 。
They wanted to rent a house, but they still wanted to have their own home.
最後 他們 決定 搬 去 一 個 小鎮 。
|||||||town
In the end, they decided to move to a small town.
他們 覺得 他們 可以 過 簡單 的 生活 並且 享受 更 好 的 家庭 生活 。
They felt that they could live a simple life and enjoy a better family life.
用 不同 的 方式 講述 同 一 個 故事 。
Tell the same story in different ways.
我們 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 我們 的 兩 個 孩子 長大 了 。
We want to buy a new house because our two children have grown up.
不幸 的 是 , 現在 買 新 房子 很 難 因為 房子 的 價錢 比 人們 的 收入 增長 的 快 。
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to buy a new house now because house prices are rising faster than people's incomes.
為 了 買 新 房子 , 我們 已經 存錢 好幾 年 了 。
In order to buy a new house, we have been saving money for several years.
如果 我們 想 買 一 個 獨立 的 家庭 房 , 我們 需要 住 在 離 市區 很 遠 的 地方 。
If we want to buy a standalone family house, we need to live far away from the city.
這 就 意味 著 對 我們 兩 個 人 都 是 很 長 的 通勤 時間 。
This means a very long commute for both of us.
我們 看 了 看 公寓 但是 它們 不 是 太 小 就 是 我們 不 喜歡 那 個 區 。
We looked at apartments, but they were either too small or we didn't like that area.
我們 意識 到 即使 我們 倆 都 努力 而且 不 隨便 花錢 , 我們 還是 買不起 我們 想要 的 房子 。
We realized that even if both of us work hard and don't spend money casually, we still can't afford the house we want.
我們 想 過 租 一 個 房子 , 但是 我們 還是 想 有 自己 的 房子 。
We want to rent a house, but we still want to have our own house.
最後 我們 決定 搬 去 一 個 小鎮 。
In the end, we decided to move to a small town.
我們 覺得 我們 可以 過 簡單 的 生活 並且 享受 更 好 的 家庭 生活 。
We feel that we can live a simple life and enjoy a better family life.
問題 :
Question:
一 : 薩莉 和 喬治 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 他們 的 兩 個 孩子 長大 了 。
1: Sally and George want to buy a new house because their two children have grown up.
為 什麼 薩莉 和 喬治 想 買 一 個 新 房子 ?
Why do Sally and George want to buy a new house?
他們 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 他們 的 孩子 長大 了 。
They want to buy a new house because their children have grown up.
二 : 他們 已經 存錢 好幾 年 了 。
2: They have been saving money for several years.
他們 已經 存錢 多久 了 ?
How long have they been saving money?
他們 已經 存錢 好幾 年 了 。
They have been saving money for several years.
三 : 如果 他們 想 買 一 個 獨立 的 家庭 房 , 他們 需要 住 在 離 市區 很 遠 的 地方 。
Three: If they want to buy a detached family house, they need to live far away from the city.
如果 他們 買 一 個 獨立 的 家庭 房 會 發生 什麼 ?
What will happen if they buy a detached family house?
他們 需要 住 在 離 市區 很 遠 的 地方 。
They need to live in a place far from the city.
四 : 他們 看 了 看 公寓 但是 它們 不 是 太 小 就 是 他們 不 喜歡 那 個 小 區 。
Four: They looked at the apartments, but they were either too small or they didn't like that small area.
他們 為 什麼 不 喜歡 他們 看 的 公寓 ?
Why didn't they like the apartments they looked at?
他們 不 喜歡 他們 看 的 公寓 因為 它們 不 是 太 小 就 是 他們 不 喜歡 那 個 小 區 。
They didn't like the apartments they looked at because they were either too small or they didn't like that small area.
五 : 我們 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 我們 的 兩 個 孩子 長大 了 。
Five: We want to buy a new house because our two children have grown up.
我們 想 做 什麼 ?
What do we want to do?
你們 想 買 一 個 新 房子 因為 你 的 兩 個 孩子 長大 了 。
You want to buy a new house because your two children have grown up.
六 : 我們 想 過 租 一 個 房子 。
Six: We want to rent a house.
我們 想 過 什麼 ?
What do we want to think about?
你們 想 過 租 一 個 房子 。
You all want to think about renting a house.
七 : 我們 真的 還是 想 有 自己 的 房子 。
Seven: We really still want to have our own house.
我們 真的 想 有 什麼 ?
What do we really want to have?
你們 真的 還是 想 有 自己 的 房子 。
You really still want to have your own house.
八 : 最後 我們 決定 搬 去 一 個 小鎮 。
Eight: In the end, we decided to move to a small town.
我們 最後 決定 了 什麼 ?
What did we finally decide?
你們 最後 決定 搬 去 一 個 小鎮 。
You finally decided to move to a small town.