16. Wolf & Huahua – 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony
Wolf|Flower Flower|2008 Olympics|Opening Ceremony|Opening Ceremony
16. Wolf & Huahua - 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony
16. Wolf & Huahua – 2008 Olympics Opening Ceremony
盼望 了 那麼 久 , 北京 奧運會 終於 正式 開幕 了 。
Looked forward to||||||||opened|
After waiting for so long, the Beijing Olympics have finally officially opened.
我 想 , 花花 , 當時 , 開幕 的 那 一天 晚上 , 你 也 在 電視機 前 看 開幕式 吧 ?
||Huahua||||||||||television|||opening ceremony|
I think, Hua Hua, on the night of the opening ceremony, you were also watching the ceremony in front of the TV, right?
是 這樣 的 。
That's right.
其實 對 我 來說 , 我 覺得 在 奧運會 正式 開幕 之前 很 長 一段 時間 , 我 都 沒有 那種 身臨其境 的 感覺 。
|||||||||||||||||||immersive experience||
In fact, for me, I feel that for a long time before the official opening of the Olympic Games, I did not have that immersive feeling.
就是說 , 沒有 感覺 到 奧運會 就要 來 了 。
I just don't feel like the Olympics are coming.
就是 沒有 那種 … … 總 覺得 沒有 那種 氣氛 。
I just don't have that... It always feels like there's no atmosphere.
也 可能 是 因為 , 奧運會 之前 發生 了 很多 比較 敏感 的 事情 吧 。
It could also be because there were many sensitive incidents before the Olympics.
所以 對 奧運會 的 氣氛 , 我 自己 來說 , 感受 的 不是 那麼 強烈 。
||||||||feelings||||
So, personally, I didn't feel the atmosphere of the Olympic Games that strongly.
但是 這 幾天 , 尤其 是 那天 晚上 , 當 奧運會 正式 開幕 的 時候 , 我 當時 覺得 , 奧運會 終於 來 了 。
But these few days, especially that night, when the Olympics officially opened, I felt that the Olympics had finally arrived.
那麼 , 在 奧運會 開幕 那 一天 , 我們 選定 的 是 2008 年 的 8 月 8 號 , 8 點 零 8 分 正式 開始 。
|||||||chose|||||||||||
So, on the day of the opening of the Olympics, we chose August 8, 2008, to officially begin at 8:08 pm.
對於 中國 人 來講 , 8 這個 數字 是 很 吉利 的 。
對 。
賦予 了 吉祥 的 寓意 。
bestowed||auspiciousness||symbolic meaning
Given an auspicious meaning.
那 選擇 這個 時間 , 也 是 對 奧運 的 一種 祈福 , 對 所有 國家 的 運動員 的 一個 祈福 ,
||||||||||blessing||||||||
Choosing this time is also a blessing for the Olympic Games and a blessing for athletes from all countries.
希望 所有 的 運動員 都 能夠 如願 以 嘗 的 獲得 他們 所 要 拿 的 那 塊 獎牌 。
||||||"as wished"||||||||||||medal
I hope all athletes can get the medal they want.
有 一種 比較 廣泛 的 說法 , 就是 , 在 中文 裡 , 8 和 發 , 就是 發達 的 發 , 是 諧音 , 所以 我們 比較 喜歡 8 這個 數字 。
|||broad||||||||||||||||||||
There is a relatively common saying that in Chinese, 8 and Fa, which is the developed Fa, are homophonic, so we prefer the number 8.
因為 很多 時候 它 代表 著 發 , 發財 啊 , 或者 是 發家 啊 之類 的 。
|||||||get rich||||get rich|||
Because many times it means getting rich, getting rich, or making a fortune.
帶有 一種 昌盛 的 意思 在 裡面 。
||prosperous||||
With a prosperous meaning in it.
我 想 , 在 奧運會 的 時候 , 剛好 在 2008 年 , 又 在 8 月份 , 然後 選擇 在 8 月 8 號 的 8 點 , 也 都 是 為 了 加強 這 一 方面 的 寓意 吧 。
|||||||||||month of August|||||||||||||enhance|||||symbolic meaning|
I think that during the Olympic Games, it happened to be in 2008, and it was in August, and then the choice of 8 o'clock on August 8 was all to strengthen this aspect of the meaning.
在 奧運會 的 當天 , 我 也 有 收到 很多 祝福 的 那種 短信 。
||||||||||||text messages
On the day of the Olympic Games, I also received many text messages of blessings.
那 在 短信 當中 , 大家 都 會 以 888 開頭 , 會 說 , 這 是 千年 一次 的 一日 。
||||||||begin with|||||millennium|||
In the text messages, everyone will start with 888, and they will say, this is a day once in a thousand years.
所以 , 祝愿 身邊 的 朋友 會 有 很多 的 好運 。
|wish||||||||good luck
Therefore, I wish that my friends around me will have a lot of good luck.
那 我 想 , 很多 觀看 了 奧運會 當天 節目 的 朋友 , 都 會 有 同樣 的 一種 感受 。
||||viewing|||||||||||||
So I think many friends who watched the Olympic Games that day will have the same kind of feeling.
就是 , 整 場 奧運會 開幕式 , 都 融入 了 非常 多 的 中國 元素 。
|entire|||||||||||elements
That is, the whole opening ceremony of the Olympics incorporated a lot of Chinese elements.
它 講述 了 幾千年 以來 , 中國 的 那種 博大淵遠 的 文化 。
|||thousands of years|since||||vast and profound||
It tells about the vast and far-reaching culture of China for thousands of years.
我 記得 當時 我 看 電視 採訪 的 時候 , 這 一次 開幕式 的 總 導演 張藝謀 ,
||||||||||||||director|Zhang Yimou
I remember when I was watching the TV interview, Zhang Yimou, the chief director of this opening ceremony,
他 說 , 要 想 把 幾千年 來 這些 古老 的 文化 都 表現 出來 , 那 是 不 太 可能 的 。
||||||||ancient|||||||||||
He said that it is impossible to express all these ancient cultures that have existed for thousands of years.
因為 開幕式 畢竟 只有 短短 的 三個 小時 。
||||short|||
After all, the opening ceremony was only a short three hours.
所以 , 他 說 他 選取 了 幾個 點 。
||||he selected|||
那 花花 你 知道 這 幾個 點 是 哪些 方面 嗎 ?
Huahua, do you know what these points are?
我 記得 那天 有 看到 這樣 幾個 比較 讓 我 記憶猶新 的 畫面 ,
||||||||||still fresh in my memory||
I remember seeing a few pictures that day that are still fresh in my memory:
那 其中 一個 是 在 它 的 歷史 大 長卷 上 展出 的 中國 的 瓷器 、 絲綢之路 , 然後 還有 古代 的 四大發明 。
|||||||||long scroll||exhibited||||ceramics|Silk Road|||ancient||four great inventions
One of them is China's Porcelain, the Silk Road, and then the Four Great Inventions of Antiquity on display in its long history.
尤其 是 四大發明 。
我 想 , 這 一點 表現 的 非常 多 。
I think this shows up a lot.
那 花花 , 我 來 考 你 一個 問題 。
中國 的 古代 四大發明 是 哪 四 項 ?
What are the four great inventions of ancient China?
這個 問題 很 簡單 啊 , 因為 大家 從小 都 有 學 過 嘛 。
那 四大發明 就 有 , 造紙術 、 印刷術 , 還有 火藥 , 以及 指南針 。
對 , 我 想 在 整個 開幕式 的 晚會 當中 , 尤其 對 紙 , 還有 印刷 這 兩個 元素 表現 的 非常 多 。
Yes, I think that throughout the opening ceremony, the two elements of paper and printing were expressed a lot.
因為 畢竟 這 兩個 元素 是 對 整個 人類 的 文明 做出 了 比較 大 的 貢獻 。
Because after all, these two elements have made relatively large contributions to the entire human civilization.
應該 這樣 說 。
那 說 到 這裡 , 我 也 有 想到 以前 上學 的 時候 , 我們 有 學 過 的 一些 文章 。
Speaking of which, I also thought of some articles we learned when I was in school.
那 文章 中 就 會 講 很多 比如 造紙術 , 是 如何 造紙 的 , 如何 混漿 。
That article will talk a lot about papermaking, how to make paper, and how to mix pulp.
印刷術 呢 , 從 那種 雕版 印刷 逐漸 演變 成 活字印刷 , 這個 規律 慢慢 慢慢 去 發展 。
As for printing, it has gradually evolved from block printing to movable type printing, and this law is slowly developing.
那 都 見證 了 人類 的 一個 歷史 文明 。
All of them bear witness to a historical civilization of mankind.
那 花花 你 覺得 , 總體 來說 , 這 一次 的 開幕式 舉辦 的 怎麼樣 呢 ?
Huahua, what do you think, overall, how was the opening ceremony held this time?
我 覺得 應該 還是 成功 的 吧 。
因為 我 好像 聽 有人 在 說 , 說 一個 成功 的 奧運會 的 舉辦 , 要 看 它 的 開幕式 是否 順利 。
Because I seem to have heard someone saying that a successful Olympic Games depends on whether the opening ceremony goes smoothly.
那 一次 開幕式 的 順利 舉辦 , 要 看 它 的 點火 儀式 是不是 順利 。
The smooth holding of that opening ceremony depends on whether the lighting ceremony goes smoothly.
那 我 想 這 一次 點火 儀式 應該 還 算 順利 , 你 還 記得 當時 的 場面 嗎 ?
對 , 我 還 記得 。
當時 的 點火 儀式 之前 , 有 非常 多 的 人 在 猜測 。
Before the lighting ceremony, a lot of people were speculating.
我 聽到 的 版本 有 , 比如說 , 熊貓 去 點火 , 當時 我 非常 吃驚 。
我 說 , 熊貓 怎麼 會 去 點火 呢 ?
I said, how can a panda light a fire?
然後 還有 一個 版本 就是 , 用 鳳凰 飛天 點火 。
Then there is a version that uses Phoenix Flying to set fire.
當時 也 非常 吃驚 。
然後 , 最後 還有 聽到 的 一個 傳言 就是 , 運動員 李寧 會 去 點燃 火炬 。
Then, the last rumor I heard was that athlete Li Ning would light the torch.
當然 , 最後 的 點火 儀式 也 驗證 了 這 一個 說法 。
其實 , 我 是 一個 不折不扣 的 奧運 迷 。
我 記得 在 我 很 小 的 時候 , 當時 1992 年 巴塞羅那 奧運會 的 時候 , 我 記得 我 當時 就 基本上 看 了 所有 的 比賽 。
我 對 當時 的 點火 儀式 還是 記憶猶新 的 。
你 還 記得 當時 的 點火 儀式 嗎 ?
那個 時候 我 好像 才剛 上 小學 , 應該 沒有 什麼 印象 。
At that time, I seemed to have just entered elementary school, so I should have no impression.
在 那 一屆 的 奧運會 開幕式 上 , 點火 的 時候 , 是 由 一名 射手 … …
At the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, when the fire was ignited, a shooter...
然後 由 一個 火炬手 把 這 一名 射手 手中 的 箭 點燃 , 然後 由 這名 射手 把 箭 直接 射 到 火炬 台上 把 大 火炬 點燃 。
Then a torch bearer ignites the arrow in the archer's hand, and then the archer shoots the arrow directly onto the torch stand to light the big torch.
我 想 那 一屆 的 點火 儀式 應該 是 很 難 超越 的 吧 , 應該 是 非常 經典 。
I think the lighting ceremony of that year should be difficult to surpass, it should be very classic.
那 說 到 這裡 呢 , 我 也 有 想到 上 一屆 奧運會 是 在 希臘 雅典 。
對 。
那 這 一屆 奧運會 它 的 點火 儀式 就 相對 來講 會 很 古樸 , 也 很 莊嚴 。
The lighting ceremony of this Olympic Games will be relatively simple and solemn.
很多 人 都 說 , 這 也 象徵 著 奧運 的 一種 回歸 。
Many people say that this also symbolizes the return of the Olympic Games.
是 的 , 而 在 這 一次 的 點火 儀式 當中 , 是 由 我們 的 體操 王子 李寧 , 通過 飛天 的 方式 , 來 把 火炬 點燃 。
Yes, in this lighting ceremony, our gymnastics prince Li Ning lit the torch by flying into the sky.
我 想 這 也 是 有 一定 的 中國 特色 的 吧 。
I think this also has certain Chinese characteristics.
因為 , 在 中國 的 很多 古老 傳說 裡 , 人們 都 表達 了 一種 飛天 的 願望 。
Because, in many ancient Chinese legends, people express a desire to fly to the sky.
比如說 , 嫦娥 奔月 啊 。
For example, Chang'e flies to the moon.
那 你 說 到 飛天 呢 , 我 也 有 想到 今年 的 奧運 福娃 。
在 五 福娃 當中 , 最後 一位 是 妮妮 。
Among the five Fuwas, the last one is Nini.
妮妮 代表 著 北京 的 一個 吉祥物 , 那 就是 我們 所說 的 小 燕子 , 也 就是 我們 平常 放 風箏 裡面 最 普通 的 一種 沙燕 。
Nini represents a mascot of Beijing, that is what we call the little swallow, which is the most common kind of sand swallow in our usual kite flying.
那麼 沙燕 它 也 有 祈福 平安 的 這些 寓意 , 也 代表 了 人們 想要 飛天 的 那種 願望 。
Then Shayan also has the meaning of praying for blessings and peace, and also represents people's desire to fly into the sky.
那麼 花花 , 你 覺得 在 整個 開幕式 當中 , 最 出彩 的 是 哪 一點 呢 ?
So Huahua, what do you think is the most outstanding point in the entire opening ceremony?
是 點火 儀式 嗎 ?
Is it a fire lighting ceremony?
或者 說 , 你 最 喜歡 的 是 哪 一部分 , 是 哪 一個 節目 ?
我 想 我 最 喜歡 的 應該 是 最 一 開始 , 燃放 禮花 彈 當中 有 二十九個 被 打 到 天空 中 的 大 腳印 。
I think my favorite thing is probably the very beginning, when the fireworks bombs were set off and there were twenty-nine big footprints that were shot into the sky.
對 , 我 想 那 是 非常 震撼 的 。
對 , 當 我 看到 那 二十九個 大 腳印 沿著 長安街 一路 奔 向 奧運 今年 的 場館 鳥巢 的 時候 ,
Yes, when I saw the twenty-nine big footprints running along Chang'an Avenue all the way to the Bird's Nest, the venue for this year's Olympic Games,
那種 振奮人心 的 感覺 , 我 相信 是 每 一個 當時 看到 的 人 都 能夠 感受 得到 的 。
它 也 預示 著 奧林匹克 真正 的 向 我們 走來 。
It also indicates that the Olympics are really coming to us.
當時 我 是 在 電視 上 看到 那 二十九個 大 腳印 的 。
但是 我 想 , 真正 在 現場 的 觀眾 , 可能 … …
But I think the real audience at the scene might...
或者 說 , 真正 在 街上 行走 的 人們 可能 並 不 能 對 那 二十九個 大 腳印 有 一個 非常 準確 的 那種 領略 吧 。
In other words, people who actually walk on the street may not have a very accurate understanding of the twenty-nine large footprints.
對 , 我們 在 電視 上 看到 的 是 航拍 的 一個 影像 。
Yes, what we saw on TV was an aerial image.
那 , 那 二十九個 大 腳印 一個 一個 一個 那樣 連續 的 向前 走 , 真 的 像 一個 奧運 巨人 在 一步步 向前 邁進 。
Then, those twenty-nine big footprints moved forward continuously one by one, really like an Olympic giant moving forward step by step.
是 的 , 從 電視 上 看到 的 畫面 是 非常 令 人 震撼 的 。
Yes, what you see on TV is very shocking.
那麼 , 對 我 來說 , 我 最 喜歡 的 場面 , 是 當時 的 “ 孔子 的 三千 弟子 ”。
So, for me, my favorite scene was the "Three Thousand Disciples of Confucius" at that time.
我 覺得 , 那種 場面 , 也 是 非常 震撼 的 吧 。
因為 三千個 弟子 在 一起 吟誦 著 孔子 的 那些 … … 孔子 的 《 論語 》。
我 覺得 , 那樣 的 場面 真 的 是 非常 難 見到 的 。
I think such a scene is really rare to see.
也許 在 古代 , 真 的 是 那樣 的 吧 。
Maybe in ancient times, it was really like that.
三千個 學生 一起 在 那裡 吟誦 著 孔子 的 《 論語 》。
Three thousand students recited Confucius's "The Analects" there together.
然後 這 一次 奧運會 , 我 覺得 , 對 我 來說 , 我 有 一個 比較 大 的 遺憾 。
Then this Olympics, I think, for me, I have a relatively big regret.
那 就是 , 我 沒 能夠 買 到 門票 。
奧運 的 門票 早 已經 搶購一空 。
Tickets for the Olympics have already been sold out.
所以 , 像 我 這樣 的 奧運 迷 , 也 只 能夠 呆 在 電視機 前 , 看 直播 現場 了 。
Therefore, Olympic fans like me can only stay in front of the TV and watch the live broadcast.
恩 , 我 相信 這 是 很多 人 都 有 的 一個 遺憾 。
因為 這 一次 我們 的 奧運會 它 售票 是 以 那種 不 記名 式 的 篩選 入 票 嘛 。
This is because the ticket sales for our Olympic Games this time are based on anonymous screening.
對 , 隨機 購買 。
Yes, buy randomly.
那 , 其實 , 能夠 買 到 奧運會 門票 的 人 應該 是 算 很 幸運 了 。
Well, in fact, those who can buy Olympic tickets should be considered very lucky.
因為 … … 好像 我們 申奧 有 很 久 很 久 才 中 到 這 一次 的 , 那 對於 我們 來講 , 可能 很 難 經歷 這樣 的 宏大 場面 吧 。
Because... It seems that we have been bidding for the Olympics for a long, long time before we won this one, so it may be difficult for us to experience such a grand scene.
對 , 我 想 也 是 。
畢竟 這 是 奧林匹克 第一次 走進 中國 。
所以 , 還是 非常 有 紀念 意義 的 吧 。
而且 , 畢竟 在 自己 的 家門口 看 奧運會 , 要 方便 的 多 。
Moreover, after all, it is much more convenient to watch the Olympics at your own doorstep.
不 需要 出國 、 買 機票 , 然後 在 住 旅館 , 然後 再 去 看 比賽 。
There is no need to go abroad, buy a plane ticket, stay in a hotel, and then go to the game.
恩 , 而且 還有 一點 就是 , 氣氛 應該 會 不 一樣 。
Well, and another thing is that the atmosphere should be different.
對 , 因為 畢竟 我們 是 主場 作戰 嘛 。
Yes, because after all, we are playing at home.
所以 觀眾 也 會 比較 多 , 中國 也 是 一個 人口 大國 。
So there will be more viewers, and China is also a country with a large population.
所以 , 現場 觀眾 的 呼聲 還是 不得了 的 。
Therefore, the voice of the audience was still incredible.
對 啊 , 畢竟 作為 東道主 , 那 我們 本身 中國 人 就是 熱情 好客 嘛 , 那 我們 那種 氛圍 , 可能 就 會 非常 的 強勁 。
Yes, after all, as hosts, we Chinese are warm and hospitable, so our atmosphere may be very strong.
是 的 , 所以 我 想 , 總的來說 , 這 一次 開幕式 我 還是 非常 喜歡 的 。
Yes, so I think, overall, I really liked this opening ceremony.
當時 那天 夜晚 , 我 想 , 整個 北京城 都 被 那種 禮炮 的 轟鳴聲 所 震撼 了 吧 。
That night, I think, the whole city of Beijing was shocked by the roar of the salute.
花花 我 該 去 電視機 前 為 中國 隊 加油 了 。
Huahua, it’s time for me to go in front of the TV and cheer for the Chinese team.
那麼 , 我們 今天 就 到 這裡 。
好 的 花花 , 等 過 幾天 , 有 了 新 的 情況 我們 再 聊
Okay Huahua, let’s talk again in a few days when there is new information.