雲裡 找門 : 林懷民 (Hwai-Min Lin) at TEDxTaipei 2013
In the Clouds, Finding a Door: Hwai-Min Lin at TEDxTaipei 2013
各位 朋友 大家 好
everyone|friends|all|good
Hello everyone, friends.
我 是 林懷民
I|am|Lin Hwai-min
I am Hwai-Min Lin.
我 覺得 我 是 一個 滾動 的 石頭
I feel like I am a rolling stone.
我 永遠 在 東張西望
I|forever|at|looking around restlessly
I am always looking around.
希望 看到 一個 更 明亮 的 太陽
hope|see|a|more|bright|possessive particle|sun
I hope to see a brighter sun.
如果 明天 跟 今天 完全 一樣 的話
if|tomorrow|with|today|completely|the same|if
If tomorrow is exactly the same as today,
我 肯定 是 不要 起床 的
I|definitely|am|not|get up|past action particle
I definitely won't get out of bed.
我 大一 的 時候 進 了 政大 念 法律系
I|freshman year|possessive particle|when|entered|past tense marker|National Chengchi University|study|Law Department
I entered National Chengchi University to study law in my freshman year.
一年 後 轉到 新聞系
one year|later|transferred to|journalism department
After a year, I transferred to the journalism department.
到 美國 繼續 念 新聞 一個 學期 之後
to|America|continue|study|journalism|one|semester|after
After continuing to study journalism in the United States for a semester
轉到 英文系 的 小說 創作 班
transfer to|English department|possessive particle|novel|creative writing|class
I transferred to the English department's creative writing class
同時 開始 跳舞
at the same time|start|dancing
At the same time, I started dancing
25 歲 我 回到 政大 教書
years old|I|returned to|National Chengchi University|teach
At 25, I returned to National Chengchi University to teach
大概 是 最 年輕 的 講師
probably|is|most|young|possessive particle|lecturer
I was probably the youngest lecturer.
第二年 ,我 給 自己 闖 了 大禍
second year|I|gave|myself|caused|past tense marker|great disaster
In the second year, I got myself into big trouble.
我 創辦 了 「雲門舞集 」
I|founded|past tense marker|Cloud Gate Dance Theatre
I founded the "Cloud Gate Dance Theatre."
(笑聲 )
laughter
(Laughter)
(掌聲 )
applause
(Applause)
「 雲門 」, 是 台灣 第一個 職業 的 舞團
"Cloud Gate" is Taiwan's first professional dance company.
在 這 之前 ,沒有人 以 藝術性 的
before|this|prior|no one|with|artistic|possessive particle
Before this, no one could make a living through artistic
舞蹈 表演 能夠 安身立命
dance|performance|can|find a stable livelihood
dance performances.
所以 ,大家 都 覺得
so|everyone|all|feels
So, everyone thought
這個 年輕人 很 好 ,怎麼 變成 這個 樣子
this|young man|very|good|how|became|this|appearance
this young man is great, how did he become like this?
大家 嚇了一跳 ,同時 ,
everyone|was startled|at the same time
Everyone was shocked, at the same time,
我 的 朋友 說 :你 頭殼 壞去 嗎 ?
I|possessive particle|friend|said|you|head|gone bad|question particle
My friend said: Are you out of your mind?
我 的 父親 ,就 跟 我 說 一句 話 ,他 說 :
I|possessive particle|father|then|with|me|said|one|sentence|he|said
My father then said to me,
「舞蹈家 呢 ,是 所有 的 藝術家 裡面 最 偉大 的 ,
dancer|question particle|is|all|possessive particle|artists|among|most|great|particle indicating possession
"Dancers are the greatest among all artists,
因為 他 用 身體 來 作 表達 ,最 辛苦 、最難 」
because|he|uses|body|to|perform|expression|most|difficult|hardest
because they express themselves with their bodies, the hardest and most difficult."
「但是 ,」他 說 ,
but|he|said
"But," he said,
「跳舞 可能 是 乞丐 的 行業 啦 」
dancing|might|is|beggar|possessive particle|profession|sentence-final particle
"Dancing might be the profession of a beggar."
十年 前 ,我 的 母親 過世 之後
ten years|ago|I|possessive particle|mother|passed away|after
Ten years ago, after my mother passed away,
我們 在 她 的 遺物 裡面 發現
we|in|her|possessive particle|belongings|inside|discovered
we found among her belongings
有 一個 用 我 的 名字 的 存摺
there is|a|using|my|possessive particle|name|possessive particle|passbook
a savings account in my name,
裡面 有 一百多萬
inside|has|over one million
with over a million inside.
我 才 意識到 說
I|just|realized|speaking
I just realized that.
原來 ,三十年 過去 了 ,
it turns out|thirty years|have passed|past tense marker
It turns out, thirty years have passed.
她 始終 在 擔心 着
she|always|in|worrying|continuous aspect particle
She has always been worried.
這個 兒子 有 一天 會 餓死
this|son|has|one day|will|starve to death
That this son would one day starve.
所以 她 就 省吃儉用 幫 我 存 了 這個 存摺
so|she|then|live frugally|helped|me|save|past tense marker|this|savings book
So she saved and scrimped to help me save this passbook.
我 其他 兄弟 都 沒有
I|other|brothers|all|do not have
None of my other brothers did.
為 什麼 我 做 這個 事 呢 ?
why|this|I|do|this|thing|question particle
Why am I doing this?
我 的 父母親 從小 要求 我們 要 服務 人群
I|possessive particle|parents|from a young age|required|us|to|serve|community
My parents required us to serve the community since we were young.
我 在 60 年代 成長
I|in|the 1960s|grew up
I grew up in the 1960s.
60 年代 是 年輕人 的 世代
decade|is|young people|possessive particle|generation
The 1960s was a generation of young people.
披頭四 、嬉皮
The Beatles|hippie
The Beatles, hippies
年輕人 反戰 、金恩 博士 說 :我 有 一個 夢
young people|anti-war|King|Dr|said|I|have|a|dream
Young people against the war, Dr. King said: I have a dream
那 是 一個 民權運動 的 一個 開端 、 一個 高潮
That was the beginning of a civil rights movement, a climax
他們 果然 做出 了 很多 的 事情
They|as expected|accomplished|past tense marker|many|possessive particle|things
They indeed accomplished a lot of things
60 年代 教 我們 說 年輕人 有 責任 ,而且 有 能力
decade|taught|us|that|young people|have|responsibility|and|have|ability
The 1960s taught us that young people have responsibilities and capabilities
來 改變 社會 來 改變 這個 世界
come|change|society|come|change|this|world
Come to change society, come to change this world.
我 回到 台灣 的 時候 ,遇到 一些 很 愛 跳舞 的 女孩子
I|returned|Taiwan|possessive particle|when|encountered|some|very|love|dancing|possessive particle|girls
When I returned to Taiwan, I met some girls who loved to dance.
那 我 就 說 ,台灣 人 很 喜歡 看 跳舞
then|I|will|say|Taiwan|people|very|like|watching|dancing
So I said, Taiwanese people really like to watch dancing.
可是 沒有 自己 的 團
but|doesn't have|own|possessive particle|team
But there isn't a group of their own.
我們 來 成立 自己 的 團
we|come|establish|our own|possessive particle|team
Let's establish our own group.
說 得 很 容易 阿
speak|particle indicating degree|very|easy|ah
It's easy to say.
不過 那個 時候 ,我們 心裡 想 的 舞台
but|that|time|we|in our hearts|imagined|possessive particle|stage
However, at that time, the stage we envisioned,
不在 紐約 、倫敦 、巴黎 、莫斯科
not in|New York|London|Paris|Moscow
was not in New York, London, Paris, or Moscow.
我們 想 的 說 小小 十來個 人
we|want|possessive particle|to say|very small|about ten|people
We imagined a small group of about ten people,
可以 到 學校 為 學生 演出
can|arrive at|school|for|students|performance
who could perform for students at schools.
到 社區 為民眾 演出
arrive|community|for the public|performance
Performing for the community for the public.
因為 父母親 的 話
because|parents|possessive particle|words
Because of what my parents said.
他們 的 警告
they|possessive particle|warning
Their warnings.
當 開始 的 時候 我 就 知道
when|started|possessive particle|time|I|already|knew
I knew from the beginning.
這輩子 ,我 可能 不能 買 自己 的 房子
this lifetime|I|probably|cannot|buy|my own|possessive particle|house
In this lifetime, I might not be able to buy my own house.
但是 ,頭殼 都 壞去 了 ,所以 就 繼續 做
but|head|all|broken|past tense marker|so|then|continue|doing
But the head is already broken, so I just continue to do it.
所以 1973 年 9 月 29 日 ,
so|year|month|day
So on September 29, 1973,
雲門舞集 在 台 中 中興 堂 做 創團 的 首演
Cloud Gate Dance Theatre|at|||||held|founding|possessive particle|premiere
Cloud Gate Dance Theatre had its inaugural performance at the Chung Hsing Hall in Taichung.
今天 早上 ,我 忽然 發現
today|morning|I|suddenly|realized
This morning, I suddenly realized
今天 正是 雲門 創團 首演 的 40 週年 紀念日
Today|is exactly|Cloud Gate|founding|premiere|possessive particle|anniversary|commemorative day
that today marks the 40th anniversary of Cloud Gate's inaugural performance.
(掌聲 )
applause
(Applause)
謝謝
thank you
Thank you
台中 演 完 了 我們 搬 到 中山堂 演
Taichung|performance|finished|past tense marker|we|move|to|Zhongshan Hall|performance
After the performance in Taichung, we moved to Zhongshan Hall for the show.
繼續 在 賣票 賣掉 三千 多張 ,外面 還有 黃牛
continue|at|selling tickets|sold|three thousand|more than|outside|still has|scalpers
We continue to sell tickets, having sold over three thousand, and there are still scalpers outside.
大家 都 非常 高興 ,我 大概 有 三個 月 完全 的 精神 崩潰
everyone|all|very|happy|I|probably|have|three|months|completely|possessive particle|mental|breakdown
Everyone is very happy, but I have probably had three months of complete mental breakdown.
因為 不止 雲門 是 一個 第一個 職業 舞團
because|not only|Cloud Gate|is|a|first|professional|dance troupe
Because not only Cloud Gate is the first professional dance troupe.
沒有 前例 可 緣 ,沒有 這樣 的 生態
no|precedent|can|reason|no|such|possessive particle|ecology
There are no precedents to rely on, and there is no such ecology.
更 重要 的 事情 是 ,我 跳舞 就 這麼 一點點 而已
more|important|possessive particle|thing|is|I|dance|only|this|little|only
The more important thing is, I dance just a little bit.
我 跳舞 我 沒 編過 舞 阿
I|dance|I|not|choreographed|dance|ah
I dance, but I haven't choreographed.
就 不 知道 在 想 什麼
then|not|know|at|thinking|what
I just don't know what I'm thinking.
所以 我 那個 時候 就 開始 認真地 學習 編舞
so|I|that|time|then|started|seriously|learning|choreography
So at that time, I started to seriously learn choreography.
這麼 多 年來 ,我 從 舞者 的 身上
so|many|over the years|I|from|dancer|possessive particle|from the dancer's body
Over the years, I have seen from dancers,
看到 瞭解 到 什麼 叫做 身體
see|understand|to|what|is called|body
understood what the body is,
什麼 叫做 動作
what|is called|action
what movement is.
我 在 演出 的 場合 ,從 觀眾 的 反應
I|at|performance|possessive particle|occasion|from|audience|possessive particle|reaction
In performance situations, I have observed the audience's reactions.
來 學習 怎麼樣 編 有效 溝通 的 舞
come|learn|how|to edit|effective|communication|possessive particle|dance
Come learn how to choreograph effective communication.
但是 ,雲門 的 工作 不 只是 編舞 而已
but|Cloud Gate|possessive particle|work|not|only|choreography|nothing more
However, Cloud Gate's work is not just about choreography.
在 這樣 的 環境 裡 ,在 70 年代 在 80 年代
in|such|possessive particle|environment|inside|in|decade|in|decade
In such an environment, in the 70s and 80s.
阿 ~要 管 人事 行政 ,要 去 募款
Ah|needs to|manage|human resources|administration|needs to|go|fundraising
Ah~ I have to manage personnel administration and fundraising.
對 我 來講 是 有點 艱難 的 事情
for|me|to speak|is|a little|difficult|possessive particle|thing
For me, this is a bit of a difficult task.
出去 跟 人 伸手 、討錢
go out|with|person|reach out|ask for money
Go out and stretch out your hand to ask people for money.
喔 ~我 爸爸 說過 這是 乞丐 的 行業 嘛
oh|I|dad|said before|this is|beggar|possessive particle|profession|question particle
Oh~ My dad said this is the profession of beggars.
但是 ,我 從 一個 寫 小說 的 年輕人
but|I|from|a|writing|novel|possessive particle|young man
But, I suddenly walked out of the study, out of the house,
忽然間 走出 書房 走出 房子
suddenly|walked out|study|walked out|house
to make a request to people and ask them for help.
去 跟 人家 做 訴求 來 請 人家 幫忙
go|with|others|make|request|come|please|others|help
and go ask people's help or share money.
我 覺得 因為 我 走 出來 了
I|feel|because|I|walk|out|past tense marker
I feel that because I have come out.
像 從 這個 紅 框框 走 出來
like|from|this|red|box|walk|out
It's like walking out of this red box.
它 是 一個 很棒 的 事情 ,我 開始 跟 很多 人 打 了 照面
it|is|a|great|(possessive particle)|thing|I|started|with|many|people|having|past tense marker|face-to-face meeting
It's a great thing; I started to meet a lot of people.
我 開始 認識 很多 人
I|started|to know|many|people
I began to get to know many people.
當 大家 拒絕 我 的 時候
when|everyone|rejected|me|possessive particle|time
When everyone rejected me.
我 就 覺得 很 坦然 ,因為 我 小時候
I|just|feel|very|at ease|because|I|childhood
I feel very calm because I started writing novels at the age of 14.
14 歲 開始 寫 小說 常常 被 退稿
years old|started|writing|novel|often|was|rejected
I was often rejected.
這 退稿 是 應該 的 ,但是 有人 願意 幫助 你 的 時候
this|manuscript rejection|is|should|particle indicating possession|but|someone|willing|to help|you|particle indicating possession|time
These rejections were expected, but when someone is willing to help you,
要 非常 的 珍惜
must|very|possessive particle|cherish
you must cherish it very much.
那 是 一輩子 的 恩情
that|is|lifetime|possessive particle|kindness
That is a lifelong gratitude.
因為 別人 來 找 我 做 什麼 我 不 一定 會 答應 阿
because|others|come|to find|me|do|anything|I|not|necessarily|will|agree|ah
Because when others come to ask me to do something, I won't necessarily agree.
同時 也 要 意識到
at the same time|also|need to|be aware of
At the same time, I also need to be aware of.
那些 協助 跟 鼓勵 後面 的 一個 期待
those|assistance|and|encouragement|behind|possessive particle|one|expectation
The expectations behind that assistance and encouragement.
所以 我 就 背著 這樣 的 一個 心情 繼續 找
so|I|then|carrying|this kind of|possessive particle|one|mood|continue|searching
So I continue to search with this kind of mindset.
阿 有時候 一天 工作 要 到 18 小時 、20 小時
ah|sometimes|one day|work|needs|until|hours|hours
Ah, sometimes a day's work can take 18 hours or 20 hours.
到 今天 為止 我 差不多 工作 也 要 工作 到 16 小時
until|today|by|I|almost|work|also|have to|work|until|hours
As of today, I have almost been working for 16 hours.
不 只是 創作
not|just|creation
It's not just about creation.
也 要 學習 生活 、學會 怎樣 變 頭腦 去 創作
also|need to|learn|life|learn how to|how|change|mindset|to|create
I also need to learn about life and how to change my mindset to create.
但是 其他 的 事情 ,也 要 照顧 到
but|other|possessive particle|things|also|need to|take care of|into consideration
However, I also need to take care of other things.
為 什麼 呢 ?
why|what|question particle
Why is that?
因為 我 手頭上 捧著 的
because|I|at hand|holding|possessive particle
Because what I hold in my hands
是 許多 舞者 的 青春
is|many|dancers|possessive particle|youth
is the youth of many dancers
當 他們 的 同學 都 開 了 舞蹈社
when|they|possessive particle|classmates|all|opened|past tense marker|dance club
when their classmates have all started dance clubs
買 了 汽車 、付 了 房貸
buy|past tense marker|car|pay|past tense marker|mortgage
bought cars, paid mortgages
開始 住進 公寓 、大樓 的 時候
start|moving into|apartment|building|possessive particle|when
and begun to move into apartments and buildings.
他們 非常 辛苦 的
they|very|hard|possessive particle
They work very hard.
一天 八小時 跳舞 ,然後 收入 非常 的 微薄
one day|eight hours|dancing|then|income|very|possessive particle|meager
They dance for eight hours a day, and their income is very meager.
我 覺得 , 我 不能 辜負 他們
I feel that I cannot let them down.
而 其他 的 人 ,對 雲門 有 幫助 的 人
but|other|possessive particle|people|towards|Cloud Gate|have|help|possessive particle|people
And the others, the people who have helped Cloud Gate.
我 不能 ,辜負 他們 的 期待
I|cannot|disappoint|them|possessive particle|expectations
I cannot let down their expectations.
也許 是 更 重要 的 ,我 覺得
maybe|is|more|important|particle|I|feel
Maybe it's more important, I think.
我 不 應該 背棄 年輕 時 出發 的
I|not|should|abandon|youth|time|departure|possessive particle
I shouldn't abandon the starting point of my youth.
一點點 “頭殼壞去 ”那樣 的 一個 想像
a little bit|crazy|like that|possessive particle|a|imagination
A little bit of that 'crazy' kind of imagination.
我 必須 去 證明 我 頭殼 沒有 壞 去
I|must|go|prove|my|head|not|broken|go
I must prove that my mind is not crazy.
我要 證明 說 是 你們 頭殼壞去 啦
I want|to prove|saying|is|you (plural)|crazy|particle indicating finality or emphasis
I want to prove that it's you who are crazy.
(掌聲 )
applause
(Applause)
但是 雲門舞集 還是 在 1988 年 宣佈 暫停
but|Cloud Gate Dance Theatre|still|in|year|announced|suspension
However, the Cloud Gate Dance Theatre announced a suspension in 1988.
因為 我 等於 一出 了 學校 進入 社會
because|I|equals|as soon as|past tense marker|school|enter|society
Because I had basically just graduated and entered society.
所謂 進入 社會 就是 進入 雲門 這個 很 奇怪 的 一個 行業
so-called|entering|society|is|entering|Cloud Gate|this|very|strange|possessive particle|a|industry
What entering society means is entering this very strange industry of Cloud Gate.
我 就 一直 覺得 我 好像 掉到 ,
I|just|always|feel|I|seem|fall into
I have always felt like I fell into,
我 好像 住 在 一個 洗衣機 裡面 迴旋 的 在 那邊 攪動 着
I|seem|live|in|a|washing machine|inside|spinning|particle|at|there|agitating|continuous aspect particle
I feel like I live inside a washing machine, spinning around and stirring things up.
快樂 嗎 ?沒有 想過
happy|question particle|have not|thought about
Am I happy? I haven't thought about it.
但是 大概 還 可以 活下去 吧
but|probably|still|can|live|sentence final particle
But I guess I can still survive.
我 是 這樣 想 的
I|am|this way|think|past action particle
That's how I think.
我 一直 把 自己 當作 一個
I|always|(verb particle)|myself|regard as|a
I have always regarded myself as a.
雲門 的 一個 小 齒輪 、一個 小 棋子
Yunmen|possessive particle|a|small|gear|a|small|chess piece
A small gear of Cloud Gate, a small chess piece.
報紙 上 登 的 那個 林懷民 跟 得獎 的 林懷民
newspaper|on|published|possessive particle|that|Lin Hwai-min|and|award-winning|possessive particle|Lin Hwai-min
The Lin Hwai-min in the newspaper and the award-winning Lin Hwai-min.
他 不會 跟 我 一起 回家
He|will not|with|me|together|go home
He will not go home with me.
我 還是 過 我 的 日子
I|still|live|my|possessive particle|life
I will still live my life.
我 是 過 我 的 工作
I|am|past|my|possessive particle|work
I am living my work.
因為 ,如果 我 把 自己 弄 得 很大 的話
because|if|I|(verb particle)|myself|make|(complement particle)|very big|then
Because if I make myself very big,
也許 台灣 容不下 我
maybe|Taiwan|cannot accommodate|me
maybe Taiwan can't accommodate me.
也許 ,我 離開 台灣
maybe|I|leave|Taiwan
Maybe I will leave Taiwan.
我 不能 想像 外國 的 藝術家 是 怎樣
I|cannot|imagine|foreign|possessive particle|artist|is|like
I can't imagine what foreign artists are like.
不是 我們 在 台灣 、在 這樣 的 時代
not|we|in|Taiwan|in|such|possessive particle|era
It's not like us in Taiwan, in this kind of era.
在 這樣 的 環境 工作
in|such|possessive particle|environment|work
Working in such an environment
我 覺得 我 是 一個 齒輪 、 小齒輪
I feel like I am a gear, a small gear
我 就 這樣 工作
I|just|like this|work
I just work like this
但是 齒輪 也 會 有 疲倦 的 時候
but|gear|also|will|have|fatigue|possessive particle|time
But gears can also get tired sometimes
因為 ,1983 年 我 創辦 了 今天 北藝大 的 舞蹈系
because|year|I|founded|past tense marker|today|National Taipei University of the Arts|possessive particle|Dance Department
Because, in 1983, I founded the dance department of National Taipei University of the Arts today
所以 雲門 、舞蹈系 ,蠟燭 兩頭 燒
so|Cloud Gate|Dance Department|candle|at both ends|burn
So, Cloud Gate, the dance department, is burning the candle at both ends.
到 了 88 年 的 時候 我 發覺
arrive|past tense marker|year|possessive particle|time|I|realized
By the time it was 1988, I realized.
我 完全 的 力竭
I|completely|possessive particle|exhausted
I was completely exhausted.
同時 我 要 必須 面對 的 是
at the same time|I|want|must|face|possessive particle|is
At the same time, I had to face.
資深 的 舞者 ,當年 餓著 肚子 一起 跳舞 、創團 的 舞者
senior|possessive particle|dancer|back then|starving|stomach|together|danced|founded the troupe|possessive particle|dancer
The senior dancers, who danced together with empty stomachs and founded the company.
他們 結婚 了 、有 孩子 了
They|got married|past tense marker|have|child|past tense marker
They got married and had children.
我 不 知道 如何 安頓 他們 的 下半生
I|not|know|how|settle|them|possessive particle|second half of life
I don't know how to settle their later life.
那麼 ,我要 面對 我 自己
then|I want to|face|I|myself
So, I have to face myself.
當我 這麼 忙碌 ,我 還 能夠 編出 更好 的 舞 嗎
when I|so|busy|I|still|able to|create|better|(possessive particle)|dance|question particle
When I am so busy, can I still create better dances?
所以 ,1986 年 我 決定 把 雲門 暫停
so|year|I|decided|(particle indicating disposal)|Cloud Gate|suspend
So, in 1986, I decided to pause Cloud Gate.
88 年 宣佈 的 時候 ,整個 社會 也 惋惜
year|announced|possessive particle|time|whole|society|also|mourned
When it was announced in 1988, the whole society also expressed regret.
惋惜 的 聲音
regret|possessive particle|voice
Voices of regret.
可是 我 覺得 把 雲門 停掉
but|I|think|(particle indicating disposal)|Yunmen|stop
But I think stopping Cloud Gate
是 我 一輩子 裡面 最好 的 作品 之一
is|I|lifetime|among|best|possessive particle|work|one of
is one of the best works of my life.
因為 你 面對 了 、 你 反省 了
Because you faced it, you reflected on it.
你 知道 你 不行 了
you|know|you|can't|past tense marker
You know you can't do it anymore.
所以 我們 用 了 兩年 的 時間 ,來 執行 這個 暫停 的 計劃
so|we|used|past tense marker|two years|possessive particle|time|to|execute|this|suspension|possessive particle|plan
So we took two years to implement this suspension plan.
安頓 了 資深 的 舞者
settled|past tense marker|senior|possessive particle|dancer
We settled the senior dancers.
讓 他們 找到 新 的 工作
let|them|find|new|possessive particle|job
Let them find new jobs.
安排 年輕 的 舞者 到 美國 繼續 學習
arrange|young|possessive particle|dancer|to|America|continue|studying
Arranged for young dancers to continue their studies in the United States.
當 雲門 停掉 的 時候
when|Cloud Gate|stops|past tense marker|time
When Cloud Gate stopped.
雲門 手頭上 有 八國 的 邀約
Cloud Gate|on hand|has|eight countries|possessive particle|invitations
Cloud Gate had invitations from eight countries.
從來 沒有 這麼 多
never|had|so|much
There has never been so many.
但是 不足 惋惜
but|insufficient|regret
But it's not regrettable.
因為 八國 邀約 只不過 是 坐 了 很 多次 飛機
because|eight countries|invitation|only|was|took|past tense marker|very|many times|flights
Because the invitations from eight countries just meant taking many flights.
下來 一樣 沒有 錢 、人 更累 所以 就 停掉 了
come down|the same|have not|money|people|more tired|so|then|stopped|past tense marker
Come down, still no money, people are even more tired, so it was stopped.
1990 年 我 從 美國 回到 台北 第二天
year|I|from|the United States|returned to|Taipei|the next day
In 1990, I returned to Taipei from the United States the next day.
一個 計程車 司機 問 我 說
a|taxi|driver|asked|me|said
A taxi driver asked me.
雲門 為 什麼 停掉 了 ?
Cloud Gate|for|what|stopped|past tense marker
Why was Cloud Gate stopped?
我 說 ,表演藝術 在 台灣 是 很 難 的
I|say|performing arts|in|Taiwan|is|very|difficult|(particle indicating past action or completed state)
I said, performing arts are very difficult in Taiwan.
我 就 告訴 他 很多很多 的 事
I|then|told|him|a lot of|possessive particle|things
I told him a lot of things.
他 表示 他 的 理解 跟 同情
he|expressed|his|possessive particle|understanding|and|sympathy
He expressed his understanding and sympathy.
但是 ,我要 下車 前
but|I want|to get off|before
However, before I got off the car,
他 跟 我 說 :林 老師 阿
He|with|me|said|Lin|teacher|a particle used for emphasis
he said to me: Teacher Lin,
在 台北 這樣 的 混亂 的 交通 裡頭 討生活 ,也 不好過
in|Taipei|such|possessive particle|chaotic|possessive particle|traffic|inside|make a living|also|not easy
it's not easy to make a living in such chaotic traffic in Taipei.
每個 行業 都 有 它 艱難 的 地方
every|industry|all|has|its|difficult|possessive particle|aspects
Every industry has its difficult aspects.
他 說 台灣 需要 有 雲門舞集
He|says|Taiwan|needs|to have|Cloud Gate Dance Theatre
He said Taiwan needs Cloud Gate Dance Theatre.
他 車子 開 的 時候 他 喊 :林 老師 加油 !
he|car|drives|past tense marker|when|he|shouted|Lin|teacher|go for it
While driving, he shouted: "Go, Teacher Lin!"
我 站 在 路邊
I|stand|at|roadside
I stood by the roadside.
非常 的 ,羞愧
very|possessive particle|ashamed
Very much, ashamed.
因為 這裡面 ,不 只是 自己 背棄 了 出發 的
because|in this|not|only|oneself|betray|past tense marker|departure|possessive particle
Because within this, it is not just abandoning one's own departure.
那 一點 對 自己 的 想像 和 期待
that|a little|towards|oneself|possessive particle|imagination|and|expectation
That little bit of imagination and expectation for oneself.
也 背棄 了 許多 支持 雲門 的 人
also|betrayed|past tense marker|many|support|Yunmen|possessive particle|people
It also abandons many people who support Cloud Gate.
背棄 了 年輕 時代
abandon|past tense marker|youth|era
Abandoning the youth era.
覺得 要 去 服務 的 基層 的 民眾
feel|need|go|serve|possessive particle|grassroots|possessive particle|people
Feeling the need to serve the grassroots people.
1991 年 雲門 復出
year|Cloud Gate|comeback
In 1991, Cloud Gate made a comeback.
這個 時候 我們 發現
this|time|we|discovered
At this time, we discovered.
再度 肯定 ,我 自己 再度 肯定
again|affirm|I|myself|again|affirm
Once again affirming, I reaffirmed myself.
這是 最好 的 作品
this is|best|possessive particle|work
This is the best work.
因為 雲門 的 暫停 ,成為 復出 後 的 雲門 最大 的 資產
because|Cloud Gate|possessive particle|suspension|became|comeback|after|possessive particle|Cloud Gate|largest|possessive particle|asset
Because of Cloud Gate's pause, it became the greatest asset after the comeback.
在 離開 雲門 的 三 年間
during|leaving|Yunmen|possessive particle|three|years
In the three years since leaving Cloud Gate
我 在 東南亞 逛來逛去
I|in|Southeast Asia|wander around
I have been wandering around Southeast Asia
豐富 了 我 的 視野 、豐富 我 的 人生
enrich|past tense marker|I|possessive particle|vision|enrich|I|possessive particle|life
enriching my perspective and enriching my life
我們 的 技術 總監 林克華 先生 到 耶魯 深造
we|possessive particle|technology|director|Mr Linkhua|Mr|to|Yale|pursue advanced studies
Our technical director, Mr. Lin Kehua, went to Yale for further studies
行政 總監 溫慧玟 小姐 到 美國 去 拿 了 個 MFA (藝術創作 碩士 )
administrative|director|Wen Huiwen|Miss|to|the United States|go|obtain|past tense marker|measure word|MFA|artistic creation|master's degree
Our executive director, Ms. Wen Huiwen, went to the United States to obtain an MFA (Master of Fine Arts)
回來 的 時候 我們 不是 熱情 的 、頭殼壞去 的 年輕人
come back|possessive particle|time|we|are not|enthusiastic|particle indicating past action|crazy|particle indicating past action|young people
When we came back, we were not the passionate, crazy young people.
我們 好像 成熟 一點
we|seem|mature|a little
We seemed to be a little more mature.
我們 好像 有 一點點 專業 的 概念
we|seem|have|a little|professional|possessive particle|concept
We seemed to have a bit of a professional concept.
同時 ,最 偉大 的 事情 是
at the same time|most|great|possessive particle|thing|is
At the same time, the greatest thing is that
解散 都 解散 了
disband|all|disband|past tense marker
everything has been disbanded.
了不起 再 解散 一次 就 完 了 嘛 有 什麼 好怕 的
amazing|again|disband|once|then|finished|past action marker|particle indicating obviousness|have|what|to be afraid|possessive particle
It's amazing, just disband again and it's done, what's there to be afraid of?
所以 復出 的 雲門 希望 朝著 整個 永續 的 方 向來 走
so|comeback|possessive particle|Cloud Gate|hopes|towards|whole|sustainable|possessive particle|direction|always|walk
So the revival of Cloud Gate hopes to move towards a sustainable direction.
而 這個 時候 台灣 的 經濟 發展 的 一個 狀況
and|this|time|Taiwan|possessive particle|economy|development|possessive particle|a|situation
And at this time, the economic development situation in Taiwan.
企業界 也 開始 幫 雲門 的 忙
business community|also|started|helping|Cloud Gate|possessive particle|busy
The business community is also starting to help Cloud Gate.
所以 今天 在 創團 的 40 年 後
so|today|at|founding|possessive particle|years|after
So today, 40 years after the founding of the group.
「雲門 二 」深入 偏鄉 小城
Cloud Gate|two|deep into|rural areas|small town
"Cloud Gate II" delves into rural small towns.
去 演出 ,在 大學 裡頭 駐校
go|performance|at|university|inside|resident
It performs in universities.
而 在 國泰 金融機構 的 支持 下
and|under|Cathay|financial institution|possessive particle|support|below
With the support of Cathay Financial Holdings,
雲門 做 戶外 公演 18 年
Cloud Gate|will do|outdoor|performance|years
Cloud Gate has been doing outdoor performances for 18 years.
每 一場 觀眾 至少 三萬
every|performance|audience|at least|thirty thousand
Each performance attracts at least 30,000 audience members.
然後 有 的 到 了 八萬
then|have|possessive particle|reach|past tense marker|eighty thousand
Then, there were eighty thousand.
這是 全世界 最大 的 一個 舞蹈 的 演出
this is|the world|largest|possessive particle|one|dance|possessive particle|performance
This is the largest dance performance in the world.
秩序井然 ,離開 的 時候
orderly|leave|possessive particle|time
The order was orderly when leaving.
廣場 上 沒有 一張 紙屑
square|on|there is not|a|piece of trash
There was not a single piece of paper on the square.
台灣 人 是 很棒 的
Taiwanese people are great.
那 這裡面 也 代表 着 一個 大家 對
that|in this|also|represents|continuous aspect particle|one|everyone|correct
Then this also represents a demand from everyone for
一個 精神 生活 的 需求
a|spiritual|life|possessive particle|need
a spiritual life.
我 覺得 我要 做 得 更好
I feel that I need to do better.
在 國外 常常 有人 問 我 說
in|abroad|often|someone|asks|me|says
People often ask me abroad,
你 到 偏鄉 去 演出 、 你 到 南部 到 台東
"You perform in remote areas, you go to the south, to Taitung."
去 演出 的 時候 ,你 是不是 推 另外 一個 節目
go|performance|past tense marker|when|you|is it not|push|another|one|program
When you go to perform, are you promoting another show?
不是 的
is not|possessive particle
No.
一樣 的 節目 ,是 在 紐約 、莫斯科 跟 巴黎 演出
same|possessive particle|show|is|in|New York|Moscow|and|Paris|performed
It's the same show, performed in New York, Moscow, and Paris.
因為 台灣 就 這麼 大
because|Taiwan|only|this|big
Because Taiwan is just this big.
我 必須 說 ,我 的 90 年代 以後
I|must|say|my|possessive particle|decade|after
I have to say, after the 90s.
國際 上 一直 越來越 覺得 我 是 一個 好 的 編舞家
international|on|always|more and more|feels|I|am|a|good|possessive particle|choreographer
Internationally, more and more people feel that I am a good choreographer.
我 是 這 幾萬 的 觀眾 訓練 出來 的
I|am|this|tens of thousands|possessive particle|audience|trained|out|past action particle
I have been trained by these tens of thousands of audiences.
為 什麼 呢 ?
why|what|question particle
Why is that?
因為 全 天下 沒有 不好 的 觀眾
because|all|world|there is no|bad|possessive particle|audience
Because there are no bad audiences in the world.
只有 不好 的 演出
only|not good|possessive particle|performance
There are only bad performances.
在 戶外 的 這樣 的 幾萬人 的 場合 裡頭
in|outdoors|possessive particle|like this|possessive particle|tens of thousands of people|possessive particle|occasion|inside
In such an outdoor event with tens of thousands of people.
如果 你 不是 拿出 讓 他 目不轉睛 的 作品 的話
if|you|not|take out|make|him|captivated|possessive particle|work|conditional particle
If you don't present a work that captivates their attention,
小朋友 就 開始 鬧
the child|then|started|to act up
the children will start to make a fuss,
大人 就 走掉
adult|then|left
and the adults will leave.
我要 把 他 耗 在 那裡
I want|to put|he|exhaust|at|there
I want to keep them there.
所以 他們 給 我 最大 的 考驗
so|they|gave|me|biggest|possessive particle|test
So they gave me the biggest test.
所以 ,只要 是 能夠 通得過 戶外 演出 的 幾萬 觀眾 的話
so|as long as|is|able to|pass through|outdoor|performance|possessive particle|tens of thousands|audience|if
So, as long as it can pass through the tens of thousands of outdoor performance audiences,
我 想 紐約時報 也 要 買單 囉
I|want|New York Times|also|need|bill|sentence-final particle
I think the New York Times will have to pay up too.
是的
yes
That's right.
我 是 這些 基層 的 觀眾 ,訓練 出來 的
I|am|these|grassroots|possessive particle|audience|trained|out|past action particle
I am trained by these grassroots audiences.
今年 四月 的 時候
this year|April|possessive particle|time
In April of this year,
我 參加 大甲 媽祖 的 繞境
I|participate|Dajia|Mazu|possessive particle|pilgrimage
I participated in the Dajia Mazu pilgrimage.
在 西洲 , 在 一個 早上 三點鐘 ,
at|Xizhou|at|one|morning|three o'clock
In Xizhou, at three o'clock in the morning,
一位 農村 的 婦人 出來 ,拉著 我 的 手
a|rural|possessive particle|woman|came out|holding|me|possessive particle|hand
a rural woman came out and took my hand,
跟 我 說 :多謝 你 美麗 藝術
with|me|said|thank you|you|beautiful|art
and said to me: Thank you for your beautiful art.
謝謝 你 美麗 的 藝術
thank you|you|beautiful|possessive particle|art
Thank you for your beautiful art.
一句 話 ,從 基層 的 朋友 講 出來
a sentence|speech|from|grassroots|possessive particle|friend|spoken|out
A sentence spoken by friends at the grassroots level.
我 覺得 ,阿 ~40 年 的 辛苦
I|feel|ah|years|possessive particle|hard work
I feel, ah ~ 40 years of hard work.
可是 能夠 求魚 得魚
but|can|ask for fish|get fish
But one can seek fish and catch fish.
能夠 這樣 子 的 把 頭髮 白掉
able to|like this|particle|possessive particle|to handle|hair|turn white
Being able to turn one's hair white like this.
是 一件 幸福 的 事情
is|a|happy|possessive particle|thing
It is a happy thing.
前 幾年 ,我 到 印度
previous|few years|I|went|India
A few years ago, I went to India.
菩提伽耶 去 朝聖 ,那 是 佛祖 得 道 的 地方
Bodh Gaya|to go|pilgrimage|that|is|Buddha|attained|enlightenment|possessive particle|place
I went to Bodh Gaya for pilgrimage, which is the place where the Buddha attained enlightenment.
菩提樹 枝葉 扶蘇 大概 就是 這個 天堂 這麼 大
Bodhi tree|branches and leaves|flourishing|probably|is just|this|heaven|so|big
The Bodhi tree's branches and leaves are probably as vast as this paradise.
廟 關門 的 時候 我 走 出來
temple|closing|possessive particle|when|I|walk|out
I walked out when the temple closed.
忽然間 後面 有 個人 問 我 說
suddenly|behind|there is|a person|asked|me|said
Suddenly, someone behind me asked.
你 是 台灣 來 的 嗎
you|are|Taiwan|from|past action particle|question particle
"Are you from Taiwan?"
我 回頭 一看 ,是 個 喇嘛
I|turn around|at a glance|is|a|lama
I turned around and saw it was a lama.
可是 一口 漂亮 的 普通話
but|fluent|beautiful|possessive particle|Mandarin
But he spoke beautiful Mandarin.
我 請 他 到 路邊 的 茶桌 去 喝茶
I|invite|him|to|roadside|possessive particle|tea table|go|drink tea
I invited him to the tea table by the roadside to have tea.
他 告訴 我 ,他 山東人
he|told|me|he|Shandong person
He told me that he is from Shandong.
為了 想當 喇嘛
in order to|want to be|lama
In order to become a lama,
就 幾年 的 時間 打工 ,到 了 拉薩
only|a few years|possessive particle|time|working|arrived|past tense marker|Lhasa
he worked for a few years and arrived in Lhasa.
在 廟裡頭 幫忙
in|the temple|help
He helped out in the temple.
然後 ,他 想見 達賴喇嘛
then|he|wants to see|the Dalai Lama
Then, he wanted to meet the Dalai Lama.
他 就 從 拉薩 往 尼泊爾 走
he|then|from|Lhasa|towards|Nepal|walk
He walked from Lhasa to Nepal.
然後 到 了 邊界 被 解放軍 抓 回去
then|arrive|past tense marker|border|by|People's Liberation Army|catch|take back
Then he reached the border and was captured by the People's Liberation Army.
關 了 一年 ,放 出來 他 繼續 走
closed|past tense marker|one year|let|out|he|continue|walk
He was detained for a year, and when released, he continued to walk.
又 被 抓 回去 關 了 一年 多
again|by|caught|back|locked|past tense marker|one year|more than
He was captured again and detained for more than a year.
他 第三次 偷渡 成功 ,到 了 達蘭薩拉
He|third time|illegal immigration|succeeded|arrived|past tense marker|Dharamsala
He successfully crossed the border for the third time and arrived in Dharamshala.
他 見到 了 達賴喇嘛
He|saw|past tense marker|Dalai Lama
He saw the Dalai Lama.
我 問 他 說 ,然後 你 現在 要 做 什麼
I|ask|he|said|then|you|now|need to|do|what
I asked him, so what do you want to do now?
他 說 :我 想 回 西藏
He|said|I|want|return|Tibet
He said: I want to go back to Tibet.
我 說 ,阿 你 那次 不是 已經 被 人 抓 起來 了
I|said|ah|you|that time|not|already|by|people|caught|up|past tense marker
I said, but weren't you already captured last time?
被 抓 起來 再 關 起來
be|caught|up|again|locked|up
Captured and then locked up.
他 說 :在 哪裡 都 是 一樣 的
He|said|at|anywhere|all|is|the same|(particle)
He said: It's the same everywhere.
我 離開 他 之後 ,回過 頭去
I|leave|he|after|turned|head back
After I left him, I turned back.
我 看 他 把 桌子 清一清 ,在 樹下
I|see|he|(particle indicating disposal)|table|clean up|at|under the tree
I saw him clearing the table under the tree.
印度 的 一月 的 寒冬
The cold winter of January in India.
他 躺下去 ,把 那個 袈裟 一披
He|lay down|(indicates action)|that|kasaya|put on
He lay down and draped the robe over himself.
他 睡覺 了
he|sleep|past tense marker
He has gone to sleep.
在 哪裡 都 一樣
at|where|all|the same
It’s the same everywhere.
原來 ,他 對 自己 的 那個 ‘我 '的 慾望 降到 最低 的 時候
it turns out|he|towards|himself|possessive particle|that|self|possessive particle|desire|lowered to|lowest|possessive particle|time
It turns out that when he lowers his desire for that 'self' to the minimum.
沒有 不 可能
not|no|possible
Nothing is impossible.
人生 ,沒有 任何 的 限制
life|no|any|possessive particle|restrictions
In life, there are no limits.
年輕 的 時候
young|possessive particle|time
When young
去 撞擊 、去 認識 自己
go|crash|go|understand|oneself
to collide, to understand oneself
檢討 、反省 、往前走
review|self-reflection|move forward
to review, to reflect, to move forward
是的 ,人生 不 設限
yes|life|not|set limits
Yes, life has no limits
除非 ,你 給 自己 製造 障礙
unless|you|give|yourself|create|obstacles
Unless you create obstacles for yourself
今天 很 高興 見到 很多 的 年輕 朋友
Today|very|happy|to see|many|possessive particle|young|friends
Today I am very happy to see many young friends.
今天 很 高興 見到 很多 的 年輕 朋友
Today|very|happy|to see|many|possessive particle|young|friends
Today I am very happy to see many young friends.
也許 是 另外 一個 ,但是 我們 相信
maybe|is|another|one|but|we|believe
Maybe it's another one, but we believe.
每 一個 時代 都 有 他 的 限制
every|one|era|all|has|its|possessive particle|limitations
Every era has its limitations.
可是 那個 限制 是 你 主觀 的 認定
but|that|limitation|is|you|subjective|possessive particle|judgment
But that limitation is your subjective judgment.
不是 外面 加諸 於 你 的
not|outside|imposed|on|you|possessive particle
It is not what is imposed on you from the outside.
最後 我 想 告訴 年輕 的 朋友 們
finally|I|want|to tell|young|possessive particle|friends|plural marker
Finally, I want to tell the young friends.
年輕 的 另外 一個 名字 叫做 :勇敢
young|possessive particle|another|one|name|is called|brave
Another name for youth is: courage.
不要 害怕
do not|be afraid
Do not be afraid.
(掌聲 )
applause
(Applause)
謝謝
thank you
Thank you
SENT_CWT:AFkKFwvL=5.62 PAR_TRANS:gpt-4o-mini=5.39
en:AFkKFwvL
openai.2025-01-22
ai_request(all=380 err=0.00%) translation(all=316 err=0.32%) cwt(all=2109 err=3.89%)